I'm So Sick of This Forum... Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#106 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

View PostMastagunz, on Aug 30 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

NOOO don't quit Puzuma!!!!!!!

THANKS LONGBOW!!!! IF YOUR GONNA COMPLAIN THEN JUST THE THE BOINK OFF THE FORUMS!!!

Lol.... You shouldn't say that..... we got people :dodgy:

But really Cool it now

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#107 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hey, I say we make a thread and argue over stupid stuff.

....Oh, wait.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#108 User is offline   Zach_attack 

• Pimp slap
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:On the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

View PostJackRock, on Aug 30 2007, 04:26 PM, said:

If you prefer the Nation, go there. If not, stay here. Guess where I'm staying?

On the My Little Ponies forum? ;)

#109 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• Canadian Intergalactic Space Ninja Pimp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ninja Jones

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

Everytime a post like this comes up, where its all Sob-Story, high school drama, etc. I feel like being a jerk just because theyre complaining about it...

#110 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

My comments below are directed at this and a few similar posts of late, so please do not take them as being specifically or personally directed at the poster of this thread:

An internet forum is a community where people can come to engage in discussions of various topics or share advice and ideas. Some forums are little more than promotional extensions or marketing tools for customer testimonials regarding vendor or retailer products and services. Some of these communities are professional extensions of a business, with access and use restricted, and some are open to the general public more like a park. In a business, high expectations exist with regards to the appropriateness of dress and professional conduct. In a park with public access, anyone can walk in. That means everyone from little kids who want to be pushed on the swings by mom or dad, down to the winos or druggies looking for a bench to sleep it off can get in. There may be people in the park we do not like. However, even in a park, certain behavior is not tolerated. The laws of the community still apply within the boundaries of the park, which lies within the community. Visitors to the park may go there and expend excess energy, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can climb the trees to do so. If you don't agree with the laws of a particular community, you're not entitled to break the laws. Forum administrators and moderators enforce the rules here, like the police in a reular community. If you don't like the laws or the rules within either form of community, you're faced with two reasonable choices: find a way to change the law, or find yourself another community.

When people join this or almost any forum, they are instructed to read the rules for posts and expectations of conduct. You should know what behavior or conduct is expected and condoned when you agree to become a part of this or any community. However, as with any community, nothing is perfect, and there will be things that go along with being a member of a particular community that one does not care for that we had not anticipated when we joined. The rules may not have been clear. We may not have understood the rules. The rules may not be enforced. The rules may favor some of us. The rules may be too complicated. The police, the administrators, the moderators...they may or may not like us. If you think the rules have been broken, report it to the authorities...it's not for you to take the law into you own hands, especially if you came here looking for a fight, then go crying foul everytime someone pokes you in the eye or hits you below the belt. If justice is served, great. If not, maybe the moderators are unfair...or you're wrong. It happens. Now, as community members we are faced with how we deal with what we experience...can we tolerate the inconveniences we experience, do we attempt to change the rules, or do we just need to move on to someplace more agreeable to our needs or aspirations? But note, the rules don't say this community is a democracy, that we have the rights or entitlements of ownership, or even that we are allowed to influence, request, or demand a change to suit us individually. So perhaps that is not a reasonable expectation for any of us. After all, why should the rules change to accommodate or comfort one or a few of us, when the rules seem to have been good enough for us when we arrived here? It's not like we weren't told how things are here. We even had the opportunity to take a test drive as guests before we joined.

The majority of people here and elsewhere tolerate the inconveniences. After all, most people have a decent understanding of the rules and restrictions of this community when they came here. The terms and conditions were and remain acceptable to us. For the most part, we like things the way they are. If we take interest in a certain post or topic, we can contribute our own thoughts to it. If not, we have the option of saying so, or moving on to a more appealing post. Just remember, if you post, your opinion becomes fair game for the rest of us, especially if it is contrary to the majority, and then take your lumps, or take a hike. If something changes significantly for us, we may reconsider our membership, but until such change occurs, we are content here. But realistically, when the time comes that we no longer care much for for this community, or maybe we have just outgrown it, it is better just to quietly pack your things and move on to greener pastures. Why go around disparaging the forum YOU joined, that YOU contributed to, and YOU were a part and party to? Or again, why go crying about the bloody nose you received after you challenged or contradicted someone else's opinion? Voicing opinions are what drive a forum in the first place, and we each have our own. If it turns out we don't like it here, we're as free to leave as we were to enter. However, if we leave, it's reasonable to tell your immediate friends and neighbors why you are leaving and where you are going, but an announcement to the community is not. That's theatrical grandstanding; no one really buys it, and what you might be surprised to find, is that people are actually glad to see you go. But whether we choose to accept things as they are and stay, or attempt to influence some change or perceived improvement, or just give up and move along, what we may find is that this is a great place to visit, but we wouldn't want to live here. :D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#111 User is offline   bman7888 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bman7888

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 29 2007, 12:58 PM, said:

As a father I can honestly say, "Bellyaching isn't going to get you anywhere."

You all have power to make this the best forum on the planet. How? Moderate yourself and GENTLY moderate others. You see someone starting to get hot under the collar ask them nicely to take a couple of deep breaths, point out that this is a friendly place and we want to work together to promote paintball. If they continue to get hostile inform the staff. We will do our best to defuse/resolve the problem. We also know that some people can't be reasoned with, this is why have the ability to ban.

Failing that you have 2 other options: Deal with it or leave the forum. Now I'd hate to see members leave but nobody is holding a gun to your head either.

i agree with u there

View PostAlan, on Aug 30 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

Although I liked Spec Ops, they are gettign ridiculous.

I understand keeping a forum under control, but its WAY to uptight. For example: if you say 1 OT thing in a specific thread [SOHO, Pump discussion] you get the thread closed. Absolutely retarded. We all talk about paintball, but maybe we want to opinions of those who we post with most? Maybe I want to get GWAC's, shadow lords, Mikes, etc opinion is SOHO, without the opinions of other members. I am more comfortable with those in the specific forums.

PBN may be to be con trolled a little, but at least they let you get a little OT without closing a freaking thread. All those pages in SOHO, and because 1 guy wants to show other SOHO members pics, the whole thread gets banned. Absurd.

u could have worded it better but in a small way i agree. also the sig size is kind of annoying too.

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 30 2007, 01:46 PM, said:

That's it. I quit.

You people do nothing but cry and moan about how things are being run here. No one is forcing you to log in. No one is forcing you to read or post.

You idiots want freedom to post and say whatever you want yet the second someone posts an opinion counter to yours you freak out. You want threads to discuss highend markers or pumps and use those threads to talk about crap that belongs in the lounge. You refuse to post in the lounge because you want JUST certain opinions. You know what? talk them them on IM. How hard is that? Oh right. I forgot. This is the internet, IQ and common sense not required. "Look ma! I'm on line and I can be ab absolute numbnut to everyone and they have to take, but god help them if they do the same to me! I'll throw an e-fit then go kill people at school!"

You want total free run of a forum? GO SET YOUR OWN UP. Other members here have. They've all said the same stupid crap, "We're not gunna have no rulz! You kin sez wut u want!" You know what? after 2 or 3 weeks of listen to infantile bullcrap from the members there, they suddenly have rules to follow. "Please don't swear, Please keep on topic, please post in the proper sub forums".

You want to talk about politics, religion, drugs? Topics PROVEN to start fights not only online but at dinner tables and in the street? Why should we believe that TEENAGERS are capable of being civil with these topics when you guys haven't even proven to be civil over " Do you like my marker?"

If the staff decided to go psycho and close EVERY thread that went slightly off topic there wouldn't be much left open. We get that topics evolve and people chit chat. Problem with the big threads like SOHO and Pumps is that it quickly devolves to something that should ONLY be in the lounge. Why should I spend 2 hours a day reading every post in those threads trying to keep it from going bad?

You don't want the flaming cesspool of crap that is PbN but you don't want the staff here to do their jobs? There are forums out there that are by far and a way more strict than here. But you people have your heads so far up your own backside you can't figure that out.

You don't like it here? SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAVE. You want things to change here? CHANGE YOURSELF.

i know how hard it can be to run forums like these i have helped run gaming forums that had more problems with the member then the Earth has people. but u have to admit just move a thread if it is the wrong section. it is just as easy to move it as to delete it. wow and that really look bad for an admin to bad mouth a WHOLE age group i am a teen and if u look at any of my posts on here i am always civil if u look at any post i ever made on the internet i am civil till someone want to get into it with me. u said it ur self it is the internet no need to get worked about it.

This post has been edited by bman7888: 31 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

"the best things about books is that sometimes there are really pretty pictures"

#112 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 30 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

That's it. I quit.

You people do nothing but cry and moan about how things are being run here. No one is forcing you to log in. No one is forcing you to read or post.

You idiots want freedom to post and say whatever you want yet the second someone posts an opinion counter to yours you freak out. You want threads to discuss highend markers or pumps and use those threads to talk about crap that belongs in the lounge. You refuse to post in the lounge because you want JUST certain opinions. You know what? talk them them on IM. How hard is that? Oh right. I forgot. This is the internet, IQ and common sense not required. "Look ma! I'm on line and I can be ab absolute numbnut to everyone and they have to take, but god help them if they do the same to me! I'll throw an e-fit then go kill people at school!"

You want total free run of a forum? GO SET YOUR OWN UP. Other members here have. They've all said the same stupid crap, "We're not gunna have no rulz! You kin sez wut u want!" You know what? after 2 or 3 weeks of listen to infantile bullcrap from the members there, they suddenly have rules to follow. "Please don't swear, Please keep on topic, please post in the proper sub forums".

You want to talk about politics, religion, drugs? Topics PROVEN to start fights not only online but at dinner tables and in the street? Why should we believe that TEENAGERS are capable of being civil with these topics when you guys haven't even proven to be civil over " Do you like my marker?"

If the staff decided to go psycho and close EVERY thread that went slightly off topic there wouldn't be much left open. We get that topics evolve and people chit chat. Problem with the big threads like SOHO and Pumps is that it quickly devolves to something that should ONLY be in the lounge. Why should I spend 2 hours a day reading every post in those threads trying to keep it from going bad?

You don't want the flaming cesspool of crap that is PbN but you don't want the staff here to do their jobs? There are forums out there that are by far and a way more strict than here. But you people have your heads so far up your own backside you can't figure that out.

You don't like it here? SHUT THE HELL UP AND LEAVE. You want things to change here? CHANGE YOURSELF.

I dotn want to give out my IM. I do no have the time/knowledge to make a forum. Most member forums fail anyways. I was askign that mods be less anal, and let people have fun, rather than worry that 1 guy posts 1 spam post.

1 POST. It was 1 POST that got SOHO closed. Change myself? I never spammed in Pump/SOHO. You seem to be just as whiny about members as they do of this forum.

You have the Have fun/get out attitude. Be happy/Get the hell out
Moderate too much/moderate enough.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#113 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

lol...everyone these days cares way to much about what is happening on the internet...just live your life...

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users