• You cannot reply to this topic

Chinstraps need to be mandatory I almost was blinded

#1 User is offline   Major chip Hazard 

• Secretly a Spartan Jedi secret agent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:diseased rat

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

I was playing at a scenario game recently against a team of e trigger using players. I got hit 4 or 5 times in the mask before the mask flew off and I turned around and covered my face. The other players noticed the mask on the ground and stopped shooting. The mask was not broken, but the strap slipped off.

I think masks need to be required to have chinstraps.
This is a signiture. There is nothing special about this signature. Why are you reading it? Its not funny. Just a signature.

Bring out y'ur dead!!!!!

Recruiting for team Face Painters. PM for details

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

They should, but some masks dont even have straps, such as my Vforce profilers...
Its a good thing you weren't hit :o

#3 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

• You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Ya i agree dude. i know my hometown field, Forest Fire Paintball, actually started making it a requirement for players to have one during the summer when a similar incident happened. The guy wasnt hurt but just scared crapless.

#4 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

How tight was your mask on?
Some people have to wear a hat to make their mask fit.
Mine fits plenty well without a chinstrap.
If you want a chin strap check out full head shields.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#5 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

No thanks, chinstraps do not need to be mandatory. All they do is help your mask will not lift up, whats stopping your mask from falling down? It works both ways.

This post has been edited by Millslane: 16 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

#6 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:55 PM

your nose sitting in the nose groove keeps the mask from falling down-just like goggles.

#7 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

I agree, we do not need mandatory chin straps. Mine stays on just fine.

What kind of mask were you wearing?

#8 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

View PostMech CB, on Nov 16 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

your nose sitting in the nose groove keeps the mask from falling down-just like goggles.

You can pull your mask down, just as easily as you can pull it up. We don't need mandatory chinstraps. If your head is too small, wear a hat. If you mask is too old, the strap may be worm and stretched too far, its time to get a new one. Masks flying off is not a common problem. If a Mask is coming off there is a reason that is far beyond mandatory chinstraps.

#9 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostMillslane, on Nov 16 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

View PostMech CB, on Nov 16 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

You can pull your mask down, just as easily as you can pull it up. We don't need mandatory chinstraps. If your head is too small, wear a hat. If you mask is too old, the strap may be worm and stretched too far, its time to get a new one. Masks flying off is not a common problem. If a Mask is coming off there is a reason that is far beyond mandatory chinstraps.

agreed. Your mask just doesnt fit right. Mine fit fine and are very comfortable.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

i cut my straps off of my Proflex..there to annoying, i wouldent use them any way..unless it was required of course..but just keep your mask tight and you shouldent have a problem..sides you said your Strap slipped off
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

Only seen it happen once, and I shot the guy's mask off with a pump gun. He had the strap far too loose. It's not an issues of chin straps vs no chip straps, it's about keeping your primary strap tight enough and/or using a mask that fits your face.

#12 Guest_MAGneto_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

View PostJackson, on Nov 16 2008, 08:47 PM, said:

Only seen it happen once, and I shot the guy's mask off with a pump gun. He had the strap far too loose. It's not an issues of chin straps vs no chip straps, it's about keeping your primary strap tight enough and/or using a mask that fits your face.

There's a reason Dye put a chinstrap on the I3 pro. When you get hit multiple times in fast succession it applies a force that a head strap is not designed to resist. All of you who are say that chinstraps aren't need are not thinking strait. The fact is that a mask head strap is worn over the crown of your head, unless you're retarded. This will keep the mask from sliding down. What has been proven to be a problem though, is people getting hit with a rapid fire burst in the mask at such and angle that it causes the mask to pop up, and often off the players head.

It's like wearing a seat belt when you're in the car. Ya you may think you look cooler with it off, and yes, even if you don't wear it, chances are you won't need it. But in the event that you do need it, and you don't have it on, the consequences will be severe, and will you are blubbering to your mommy, you'll know you have no one to blame but your UNINTELLIGENT DONKEY self.

#13 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

View PostMAGneto, on Nov 17 2008, 02:33 AM, said:

There's a reason Dye put a chinstrap on the I3 pro. When you get hit multiple times in fast succession it applies a force that a head strap is not designed to resist. All of you who are say that chinstraps aren't need are not thinking strait. The fact is that a mask head strap is worn over the crown of your head, unless you're retarded. This will keep the mask from sliding down. What has been proven to be a problem though, is people getting hit with a rapid fire burst in the mask at such and angle that it causes the mask to pop up, and often off the players head.
That's the I3 Pro. None of my JT masks have them, nor do they need them. I have AND USE two Whippersnapper masks that are older than most of the forumers here. They dont' need them either.
None of my GameFace masks need them either.
I have 4 Dye Invisions and they have the straps...but they aren't needed either.

Why? Because the straps and goggles fit my head and face properly and then I adjust the strap so it's SNUG.

It's like wearing a seat belt when you're in the car. Ya you may think you look cooler with it off, and yes, even if you don't wear it, chances are you won't need it. But in the event that you do need it, and you don't have it on, the consequences will be severe, and will you are blubbering to your mommy, you'll know you have no one to blame but your UNINTELLIGENT DONKEY self.

Listen...just because YOU had an issue doesn't mean the entire paintballing world does. Here's an idea....how about not wearing the I3 pro??

I got into a fight ONCE on the field, where some dope got mad because I shot him out on a dead-man walk. I knew what he was doing, he knew what he was doing and got mad because he got blitzed when he thought he was being slick. The MHMR inductee approached me and punched me in the face and STILL didn't knock my goggles off (whippersnapper). Then I took him down, handcuffed him and dragged his miserable behind (with the help of 2 refs) back to the proshop and waited for the PD. Yeah...big mistake on his part but guess what? The mask STILL didn't come off my head or face until I took it off.

Instead of trying to impose a world-wide "law" governing every mask ever made, try a different mask or one that fits better.

Being insulting works both ways bud. We can accomodate you in turn.....
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#14 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

View PostMAGneto, on Nov 17 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

It may be early in the morning, but we are thinking strait. If you were taking multiple hits to the goggles and you were looking down, then what would happen? If enough applied force can push a mask up then enough applied force will push it down as well. What good is your chinstrap then?

Take extra care to make sure your mask is secure on your head. I do it every game and make adjustments, checking and rechecking all the time during play to make sure its tight enough, sitting in the right place. I make sure my mask will stay on. Maybe you should do, rather than try and make a argument for a ridiculous peice of fabric under my chin that can unsnap or loosen just as easily as my mask strap and then telling me I'm "safer" if I wear it.

A proper fitting mask is not going to come off. If you can't secure your mask then maybe you need a chinstrap, merry christmas.

I've been shot hundreds of times in the mask. Heck, I've even been shot so many times I my mask at one time that I've was almost knocked out cold, ran into two trees before I crashed to the ground (but thats another rant) and did my mask even budge??? Not one inch.

I'll host the picture when I get home tonight from work.

This post has been edited by Millslane: 17 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

#15 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:32 AM

All I'm going to say is that if chinstraps were necessary for safety, we'd have known that, and made an adjustment by now.
-Ty

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users