• You cannot reply to this topic

Blackcell qbow kit w/ Ion XE Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sp00f 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

Can someone from S.O. answer this:

Will my Ion XE fit in the blackcell body when my kit arrives tomorrow? I have searched and have only found people suspecting this or that and NO answer from anyone at SO. Can someone post the instructions that come with the blackcell kit? I'd like to take a look. I am hoping I don't have go find an Ion tomorrow to make my kit work. I order and Ion and Action Village decided to send me an XE instead.

Thanks!

sp00f

#2 User is offline   sp00f 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

View Postsp00f, on Jan 18 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

Will my Ion XE fit in the blackcell body when my kit arrives tomorrow? I have searched and have only found people suspecting this or that and NO answer from anyone at SO. Can someone post the instructions that come with the blackcell kit? I'd like to take a look. I am hoping I don't have go find an Ion tomorrow to make my kit work. I order and Ion and Action Village decided to send me an XE instead.

Thanks!

sp00f

I'll answer my own query:

Received my qbow kit today and had already disassembled my XE in prep. I attempted to place the XE's inner body (firing can+breach) into the blackcell which is really just a new outer body and......drum roll........it DOESN'T fit. The problem though wasn't in length thogh. It was a really snug fit but I was able to insert it about 65% of the way in so I am not even sure if the issue would be with the BOB on the XE. I even tried removing the back of the firing can and still couldn't get it in any farther. I am not sure if this is an issue with the tolerance's and that even with an ION inner I would have issue or if the XE's inners are a bit large in circumference.

I really wish that SO would add to the description that their blackcell bodies only work with IONs not ION XEs. The part that is really killing me is that I bought and ION and actionvillage took it upon themselves to send me an XE instead for $164. I have been looking around to buy just the ION firing can and breach. I assume I can just use the bolt that I have from the XE. Maybe I'll call smart parts tomorrow to see what the deal is on the difference in parts and wether they can sell me just the parts I need. I don't want to spend $100 for an ND. I might as well just buy another ION and give the XE to my brother in-law.

Anyone with ideas or experience, some help would be appreciated. Maybe even some assistance from SO would be great, but I am not holding my breath. You would think by now with the XE having been out for as long as it has that they would have some way to get an XE into their body. Its not like you could make the milling inside the body so that it would take an XE or non-XE since the inners are actually held inside the outer by all the banjos', etc. I could care less about the bolt out-back but have a couple of ideas as to how they might make it work with the kit.

oh well, lets see what tomorrow brings.

sp00f

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

View Postsp00f, on Jan 20 2009, 01:47 AM, said:

View Postsp00f, on Jan 18 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

Thanks!

sp00f

Anyone with ideas or experience, some help would be appreciated. Maybe even some assistance from SO would be great, but I am not holding my breath. You would think by now with the XE having been out for as long as it has that they would have some way to get an XE into their body. Its not like you could make the milling inside the body so that it would take an XE or non-XE since the inners are actually held inside the outer by all the banjos', etc. I could care less about the bolt out-back but have a couple of ideas as to how they might make it work with the kit.

oh well, lets see what tomorrow brings.

sp00f

There are some details of the Ion dimensions in the posts on the thread as below. If you are able to get some pics up of the XE it may help others to avoid getting into this problem.
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...62100&st=15

#4 User is offline   ALIHISGREAT 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

maybe it's the BoB design, the deadlywind body is BoB compatible, but they are out of stock at the moment.

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

View PostALIHISGREAT, on Jan 21 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

maybe it's the BoB design, the deadlywind body is BoB compatible, but they are out of stock at the moment.

The Deadlywind DT13 is a 'sort of BOB'. It's still designed for the Ion so as has been said about the Blackcell & Ion XE people did not know if it would fit. As the Blackcell has been proven not to fit the XE then the chances are the Seadlywind won't.

But if its a slight difference it may fit, or the Deadlywind is easier to modify as it is metal.

http://store.deadlywind.com/product/7dc909...b97abde5c4.aspx

It also depends on what else you want to do. If Blackcell was selected for Longbow the Deadlywind DT12 needed part of the rails filed down to align the Longbow mount.

When I mentioned this on forums Deadlywind contacted me to ask about what I did, this was around the time of the DT13 release so they may or may not have changed the position slightly.

Another difference is the Deadlywinds have the feedneck thread on the body, on normal Ions the feedneck is screwed into the firing can. I believe the Blackcell does not have threads in the body. This means a normal feedneck seems high on the Deadlywind, but some alternate feednecks, (eg clamping feedneck) need the Blackcell rail to be filed down.

#6 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavy GunZ

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

:laugh: Dang I was hoping that it would work because I also own an Ion Xe and was hoping to get a kit to attach to make it more durable and rugged. Does anyone know if there is another kit for the Ion Xe? except for the wimpy looking ones that smart parts is selling? :ghillie:

#7 User is offline   ALIHISGREAT 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

View PostNO MAN, on Jan 22 2009, 09:25 PM, said:

:happy: Dang I was hoping that it would work because I also own an Ion Xe and was hoping to get a kit to attach to make it more durable and rugged. Does anyone know if there is another kit for the Ion Xe? except for the wimpy looking ones that smart parts is selling? :D

unfortunately i think it is too new, maybe well see some more mods coming for this summer.

#8 User is offline   SirRod 

• God Made Paintball for Me!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Harry Rod

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

I was told by Smart Parts support that the Ion xe would not be backward compatible with the Ion.
I wanted the BOB for my Ion but its not compatible
I have the Black Cell Ion and the area of the feed does have to be slightly modified so it will screw in enough to seat. I got my instruction from Smartpartsowners or Smartcorps I don't remember. But you might find further information at either of those sights.
TACAMO was working on a 416 kit for the Ion, it looked like the real thing. I was spooking the thread but haven't seen any more posts on the 416 kit. TACAMO has only AK style upgrades for Tippmann they are sweet looking especially the composite front and barrel for the A-5.
I bought the 06 Ion Pro and not too long after the Ion xe came out.
More than likely Action Village didn't have any Ion's and that's why you got the Ion xe. At that price you got a great deal.
You can find an Ion on ebay they are really hot right now and get lots of interest.
If I were you I would not give up on the Black Cell conversion for the Ion xe, try to fit it in again , it may need a little tweaking. Look inside the body of the Black Cell body and see if there is something that's not suppose to be there like flashing from the molding process or miss alignment.
My best wishes spoof I hope you get this squared away. Keep us informed as to the outcome of you delima.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users