Special Ops Paintball: Hunt for the Cure 2008 - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hunt for the Cure 2008 Charity scenario at Splat Tag in Hudson, WI Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

Just a little over two weeks.....I cant wait!

On a side note that means only 4 weeks of class too!!!

#62 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:23 AM

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on Apr 17 2008, 11:35 PM, said:

Hey, have you heard? Minnesota's own Identity Crisis Paintball Team has signed up with the Mercs! Of course, they could be spies/saboteurs... I wouldn't put it past you.

I will throw ya this...Afterall you did choose to take the high road after I poked ya there (seems no one has a sense of humor anymore, I am sure you feel the same). I dont personally know anyone on I/C... though I have played alongside them before, They bring leadership skills & calmness to chaos. In fact I think you should give them special missions, top secret clearance & the keys to your car. ;)

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on Apr 17 2008, 11:35 PM, said:

Anyway, the Hunt is really shaping up to be a barn-burner this year. I'm glad the we've both had success recruiting teams to our respective causes, it'll make for a fun day. Plus, it's just that many more players coming to support a great charity game!

Best of luck to you Foster.

I agree 100%!

If you were there for the 2nd HFTC I am sure you can appreciate the "rebuilding" that took place last year. Though the cause has not changed since the first one, the games reputation has. The days of the unbalanced teams seem to be behind us now, everyone should expect to face a worthy challenge. The bottom line is that if players are not having fun, they simply can not find a good reason to sweat it out. I think we both have built our factions big enough to ensure that the HFTC will have leadership long after we have been written out of the script. So you see, you and I dont need luck...we are lucky enough to have been chosen to serve, and to have the support needed to compete.

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#63 User is offline   Grizz 

• PR man for a bunch of Maniacs
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Berzerker Grizzly

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

THE HUNT IS COMING THE HUNT IS COMING THE HUNT IS COMING.......VERY VERY SOON!!!
:) :wacko: *Grizz bouncing off the wall like a four year old on lots of sugar* :wacko: :wacko:

I cant wait I will finally be well rested and ready to go for an event..... ;) :)
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
gettin er done saber style!!

Always outnumbered,Never out gunned!!

[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=125222"]My Feedback[/topic]

#64 User is offline   WreckingCrew 

• WreckingCrew
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WreckingCrew

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

I was at the final planing meeting yesterday and all i can say is "WOW" I wish I could play in this game.

this is quoted from a teamate Danger911

The game is decided, the map has been made...It all leaves me with a great feeling of Envy. I SO wish I could play in this game!! If scenario is what you crave, come to HFTC & drink at the fountain of plenty! If speedball is more your style, bring your A game and you will not be disapointed! I believe this is the best game we've come up with yet! With fair weather and good attitudes/sportmanship this could be the best game for everyone involved!!(volunteers/players alike.) It chokes me up, to see all the dedicated supporters/players and the kind words for what we are trying to accomplish by doing what we love to do. For the love of the game and the people who play it, join us to make it great! Danger-911

We are going all out this year to bring you the most fun you can have!

This post has been edited by WreckingCrew: 20 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

Mors Tua Vita Mea

Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules

#65 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• WIP-SOG: Commander of Operations and Psywarfare
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostwolf GRU

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

And we all appreciate it!

Yeah Foster, you're right. This will be my first time Commanding a force this large at such a prestigious game. I'd even go so far as saying that I was blessed to be chosen for this Command. The Good Lord smiles on me (which might not bode well for the Coalition! ;) ).

Anyway, I'm hoping that there will be media coverage, the charity deserves it. And yeah, I'd like to have all the major paintball mags there to chronicle the Merc's overwhelming victory. :)

As far as me "taking the high road", there's a reason my organization's motto is "Promoting Courage, Honor and Integrity in the sport of paintball.". I really honestly believe in that principal, as I know you do Foster. That's one reason why I know this game is destined for greatness, the character of the people involved... all the people involved, from Brutis and the Wild Bunch to Darrin and the SplatTag Crew to Farmland to The BadgerBrigades, each and every one is a class act.

Man, I am so amped for this game! Now, you'll have to excuse me... I have to go out and field test the Mercs' new Tactical Nuke.........

:happy:

GW

" This man is THE BOSS, so listen up you maggots!" ~Little Brother
"Badger Brigades uber alles!" ~ Wolche Duka

#66 User is offline   Brutis 

• Captain, Wild Bunch
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

All I know is when you hear that rooster crow, you'd better run.
Towards it, or away from it?
I'm not saying, you'll have to decipher the meaning of the chicken....
:happy:
"I respect your play style, I expect the same in return. I will play my game, I will do my best. I will not dumb my play down for others, I will not apologize for my game. I play to win and I will do it with honor. I think to do less is compromising my beliefs, will achieve nothing, and has achieved nothing." --Cilio

#67 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Thanks to Family Guy I now know EXACTLY WHAT TO DO when faced with a giant P.O.'d chicken.

Confidence anew… -N.C.

#68 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

As far as me "taking the high road", there's a reason my organization's motto is "Promoting Courage, Honor and Integrity in the sport of paintball.". I really honestly believe in that principal, as I know you do Foster. That's one reason why I know this game is destined for greatness, the character of the people involved... all the people involved, from Brutis and the Wild Bunch to Darrin and the SplatTag Crew to Farmland to The BadgerBrigades, each and every one is a class act.

Hmmmmmmm promoting honor and integrity then maybe I should mention that I was asked to join the coalition by Ghostwolf in order to be a spy for his team because the spys in the game are a "waste of money" with that being said I will not be attending this game. It seems people are taking the lets push the rules to this or that extreme way to far for me this year.
With that said I'm sorry brutis I hope it's a great game for a great cause.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#69 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

View Postdillz, on Apr 21 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

Hmmmmmmm promoting honor and integrity then maybe I should mention that I was asked to join the coalition by Ghostwolf in order to be a spy for his team because the spys in the game are a "waste of money" with that being said I will not be attending this game. It seems people are taking the lets push the rules to this or that extreme way to far for me this year.
With that said I'm sorry brutis I hope it's a great game for a great cause.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't this have been left to PMs?

I'm sorry you feel this way. So far, I have not seen any of this "push the limits" attitude you described in the planning for this event. I fully expect and believe this to be a fair, honest game for a great cause.
Member of Team Akkadian

#70 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

I am truly sorry that you misunderstood my intentions, Dillz. The rules of the game clearly state that I am allowed to name a spy and, per our discussions after last year's Hunt I thought you would be the right person for the job. Obviously I was wrong. And the truth of the matter is that I have had a difficult time trusting you and was actually taking steps to determine if you were trustworthy at all.

You seem to have had a bad attitude towards the BadgerBrigades for quite some time now, even though I have done nothing but try and help you to build your team. I even bent our own rules and allowed you to list your "team", The Brotherhood, even though you were its only member and in the BB teams need to have at least 3 members to register. I did that because I thought you were a decent guy based on the couple of times that I met you. Again, I must have been mistaken seeing as you have done little but post snide comments and derogatory remarks at every opportunity.

I am left wondering where all this is coming from? Is it the fact that someone who is close to you has a problem with someone on my team (the incident at the campground last year)? If so, how sad. You want to disrespect me and my organization over something I had no control over and tried repeatedly to defuse? So be it. But don't think for one minute that I won't aggressively defend everything I have spent the last two years of my life building.

As for the fact that this should have been done through PMs, I agree. However, seeing as these uncalled for allegations have been made against me and my organization in public, I have no recourse but to respond in public. It is a shame that you are so self absorbed that you needed to hijack a thread about a charity game in order to make yourself feel better. Again, very sad.

This is all I will say on this subject and with any luck a moderator will remove the posts on this matter so they don't continue to tarnish this thread.

GW

#71 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on Apr 21 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

As for the fact that this should have been done through PMs, I agree. However, seeing as these uncalled for allegations have been made against me and my organization in public, I have no recourse but to respond in public.

The PM comment was directed towards dillz. I understand your public response.

I am truly sorry that you misunderstood my intentions, Dillz. The rules of the game clearly state that I am allowed to name a spy and, per our discussions after last year's Hunt I thought you would be the right person for the job.

Hmm... free intel. Now we know there is a spy instead of just wondering if there is one or not :D

Ok, I'll stop (well, for now).

I'll see you at the Hunt,
Member of Team Akkadian

#72 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Yes, I am definitely considering thinking about maybe utilizing a spy.... maybe.... or not.

:laugh:

Good cover, Thalion! Foster will never suspect that YOU are, in fact, my spy! Who better to be the Merc spy than Foster's right hand man! :laugh:

You always knew the possibility existed, and you still can't say with any certainty if I will utilize one, just as I can't say with any certainty that the Coalition will or won't have one in our midst.

#73 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

dillz i love you... this game has made my stomach churn from the start. i have been asked and begged by a few ppl to go to this game via pm... im glad i never agreed. its sad that this charity event has turned into some some stupid LARP (live action role play [mostly stupid d&d players]) for milsim. As i read this thread i keep expecting some one to say "IVE GOT BOOTS OF ESCAPING!!!" or "FIRE BALL FIRE BALL SLEEP!!!"

as for dillz tarnishing this thread... no... i think not. weather its written in the rules are not... spies are just wrong for paintball... this is not the military... no matter how you dress up and have stupid ranks this is a GAME with balls of paint and respawn points. you wanna go play gi joe... go join the military.

this game is less and less about the cure and more and more about LARP. its rather sad.

i do hope it goes off well... really i do... but i do agree with dillz... and if you want to trash talk him cause he called you out GRU... you want to bring up more crap then was necessary to make him look as bad as possible... well that makes you look sad... not him.

good luck with you LARP,

peace

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#74 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Its a scenario & scenario involves a bit of role playing.

The game (from my perspective) is nowhere near tarnished, it was never ment to be a fundraser tea party, and a little buzz never hurts turnout. I understand not getting into scenario, I understand not wanting to participate & I understand if there are some personal issues...But please dont try to belittle those kids & big kids that really get there rocks off on this stuff.

Confidence anew… -N.C.

#75 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

have fun getting your rocks off on LARP then... whatever... i see now paintball r serious business.

whatever...
as i said before... good luck.. have fun... hope you get lots o cash for the cause...

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic