• Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

www.infinitylegend.com

Prices
Dust $699.95, HK Army $799.95, Polished $724.95, Fade $749.95

Used
$300-$650

Operation
Double stack FASOR (Forward Aired, Spring Operated Return), Poppet valve.

Features (from Infinity)

Easy adjustable CP inline regulator
Hybrid wrap around grips
Easy clamp feed neck
Forward sloped super fast trigger
Tadao Stock Board
Super fast Ram with only one moving O-ring to lube
No Low Pressure Regulator

Micro honed 14" barrel - Autococker Thread, Beam break eyes, Aluminum eye covers, Easy on/off button and LED light, Snatch Grip, Anti blow-back O-ring inside body, Custom 3D milling, Inline Pressure gauge port, Quick Exhaust valve, Double Ball Detents, 3 way adjustable trigger, w/ bearings and magnet return, Extra large trigger guard, Self lube delrin bolt with 45 degree air transfer hole, High flow exhaust valve for super air efficiency, Custom Valve capable of 100+ cycles per second, 45 degree air transfer hole in body, and it is Made in America!! Patent Pending

Pros
Simple design, one moving o-ring, easy maintenance, relatively quiet, low kick, air efficient, customer service

Neutral
Does not come with ASA

Cons
Wiring harness is delicate
No quick clamp feed neck

I picked up a used Legend not to long ago. This is my first "high end" electro and I have to say it was a hard pick. I looked at DM's, PM's, Eteks, etc. before choosing the Legend. I was first introduced to the Legend by a sponsored team, the Mile High Outlaws, and I found it very interesting. It was light weight and handled well.

After getting it I took it apart using the Warpig video, cleaned and lubed it. I was getting it ready for a 1 day scenario game coming up. It dry fired and tested with paint fine and except for one minor issue with the wiring harness, worked great. Being a used marker I was not to worried about it. The person I bought the Legend from had Infinity send me eye cover screws and they even threw in a set of detents. When I called Infinity and bought a new wiring harness they again threw in extra screws and detents. Very good customer service and they are willing to do a little extra for the customer.

Now to the good part. I went to the scenario game, loaded up with paint and air, chronoed and played all day. No chops, barrel breaks, misfires, nothing. The Legend topped with a Halo fired every time I pulled the trigger. I fired a case and aired up twice the whole day. Paint was Draxxus Formula 13. I was using a 70/45 Crossfire tank. I did not get an accurate air efficiency test thou. I remember shooting about half a case and having about 2000 psi from 3500 psi. Other players were remarking on how quiet it was (they were shooting Shockers/ DM's) and when I let one shoot it he was surprised at how little kick and accurate it was. I'll also be using this for speedball and can't wait.

Sure I've not shot lots of other high end markers and am lacking in experience with them but after shooting the Legend I believe I've found what I'll be using for a long time on the speedball and scenario field.

This post has been edited by Kodiak: 14 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

#2 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Update

This is a hard update to write. What do you say when a marker works perfectly? I played in a 3-man speedball tourny today. Fast trigger and zero issues. I shot about 1600 rds and filled my tank (70/45) once when I hit 1000 psi. Paint was WPN Weapons Grade, FPS about 295. No barrel breaks, chops or hiccups. Nothing went wrong! I pulled the trigger it fired. I walked the trigger, it shot ropes. This marker has been the best investment yet that I've made in paintball. The Infinity Legend is a reliable, durable and well made high end marker that suits virtually any style of play.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users