Special Ops Paintball: Remote vs Drop Forward - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote vs Drop Forward Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Prefer remote or drop forward? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Prefer remote or drop forward?

1. Drop forward (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Remote (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Just leave it stock (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Tank on marker. Switching hands is useful. I don't use a drop but with that size tank you might need to.

Personally, I'd see if you could trade to a smaller tank 68/45 is the max size I would use (currently I'm running a 56/45). The only thing I'd change on the gun, is I'd throw on a good on/off ASA.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#17 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

Leave it stock.

The longer you play, the more you will think this is the right answer.
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#18 User is offline   Specterunseen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Nov 2 2009, 11:07 PM, said:

Tank on marker. Switching hands is useful. I don't use a drop but with that size tank you might need to.

Personally, I'd see if you could trade to a smaller tank 68/45 is the max size I would use (currently I'm running a 56/45). The only thing I'd change on the gun, is I'd throw on a good on/off ASA.

I JUST bought the tank. You'd suggest I return it for a 68/4500. It's carbon fiber, so I thought it would be usable still. I plan on playing some scenarios down the road so I figured a large capacity tank for the same price as the 70ci would be worth the extra capacity. :P

#19 User is offline   e thom 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:e thom

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on Nov 1 2009, 10:08 PM, said:

Remote if you use an 88/45. Jeeeez thats huge.

Haha

You could play all day with that thing and use it to fill your friends tanks too, you should use a wheelbarrow. Im joking I just prefer a small tank myself.

#20 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

I prefer stock, why?

More junk on your gun doesn't make you a better player. It makes your gun heavier and harder to maneuver. Play with stock for a while, if you find the tank as a stock uncomfortable then see if you can borrow guns of different make-ups to see what feels right. Running remote limits your ability to shoot switch and adds weight to your back making it harder to run and slip through tight spots. The drop forward just adds weight to the gun which may not be necessary.

Unfortunately my opinion is biased as a stock player. Lighter is better in my opinion and it also results in cheaper equipment!
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#21 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

I like just having the tank on my gun, Ive got a 98 and It just feels like I can move the gun around a lot more. When I have my remote line on my marker it just feels like my movements are restricted by how my remote coil is, it could be all tangled up or it could be just fine, but either way it feels restricting.....

See what you like, when ur at ur local field, if you see someone who has a drop-forward, ask nicely if you can just hold there gun and see if you like it....its all about personal preference.
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#22 User is offline   Specterunseen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Ok, some good advice. I plan on some scenario play in a bit, so lighter would be nice. 2nd part of question then would be, I've seen a Stock grip adapater, so it drops the stock to the bottom of grip, in essence giving the stock at the normal location of the tank. Can one combine a DROPPED STOCK and something to put air through underneath it? It would seem that would be lighten the overall gun by 3+ lbs (tank), and let me use a stock lower, so I didn't have to worry about using my red dot site, as it's plenty of clearance.

Is this possible, drop stock + dropped air into the bottom?

#23 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

View Postsilenthornet, on Nov 2 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

-Drop Forward-
The drop forward is a decent mod if you are a highly mobile guy who needs full control over the angles you can play. A drop forward allows you to quickly switch hands with the gun, which lets you easily shoot around corners without having to expose your entire body. Another benefit is that the drop forward balances out your gun's weight more evenly, allowing for easier aiming without having to balance the gun.

However, the tank being on-gun can be detrimental for larger tanks such as yours. Not only is the weight of the gun increased, but shooting can be cumbersome with a heavier gun. As well, a drop forward drastically increases your profile, making you a bigger target on the field.

-Stock-
It's fast, it's simple, it's free. Keeping your air stock has the advantage of requiring no setup and no cost, which is pretty much its main advantage. While stock air won't necessarily ruin your ability to play, you won't have the maneuverability of a drop forward or the lightness of a remote line to aid you. As well, the stock air carries some of the same disadvantages of a drop forward, in that the on-gun air supply will increase the weight, as well as throwing off the balance of the entire gun.

I DISAGREE WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING YOU SAID HERE. DROP FORWARDS DO NOT MAKE YOU ANY MORE MOBILE. IT ALSO DOESN'T BALANCE OUT YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A TIPPMANN.

HAVING AIR ON GUN WITH NO DROP IS REALLY YOUR BEST CHOICE. MOST GUNS ARE DESIGNED TO BE RUN THAT WAY, SO NOT ONLY WILL THEY BALANCE BETTER WITH A TANK ON THERE BUT THEY'LL ALSO BE MORE ERGONOMIC. PLUS IT PUTS YOU HEAD IN LINE TO AIM DOWN THE SIDE OF THE GUN WITHOUT HAVING TO CRANE YOUR NECK.

This post has been edited by Flippy the Wonder Bunny: 06 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

#24 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

I like my tank on the marker without a drop dorward. I have played with that setup from the beginning, I've adjusted to that, and I like the sight picture I get by using that setup.
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#25 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Nov 6 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

-Drop Forward-
The drop forward is a decent mod if you are a highly mobile guy who needs full control over the angles you can play. A drop forward allows you to quickly switch hands with the gun, which lets you easily shoot around corners without having to expose your entire body. Another benefit is that the drop forward balances out your gun's weight more evenly, allowing for easier aiming without having to balance the gun.

However, the tank being on-gun can be detrimental for larger tanks such as yours. Not only is the weight of the gun increased, but shooting can be cumbersome with a heavier gun. As well, a drop forward drastically increases your profile, making you a bigger target on the field.

-Stock-
It's fast, it's simple, it's free. Keeping your air stock has the advantage of requiring no setup and no cost, which is pretty much its main advantage. While stock air won't necessarily ruin your ability to play, you won't have the maneuverability of a drop forward or the lightness of a remote line to aid you. As well, the stock air carries some of the same disadvantages of a drop forward, in that the on-gun air supply will increase the weight, as well as throwing off the balance of the entire gun.

I DISAGREE WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING YOU SAID HERE. DROP FORWARDS DO NOT MAKE YOU ANY MORE MOBILE. IT ALSO DOESN'T BALANCE OUT YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A TIPPMANN.

HAVING AIR ON GUN WITH NO DROP IS REALLY YOUR BEST CHOICE. MOST GUNS ARE DESIGNED TO BE RUN THAT WAY, SO NOT ONLY WILL THEY BALANCE BETTER WITH A TANK ON THERE BUT THEY'LL ALSO BE MORE ERGONOMIC. PLUS IT PUTS YOU HEAD IN LINE TO AIM DOWN THE SIDE OF THE GUN WITHOUT HAVING TO CRANE YOUR NECK.

You also have to remember that he will be playing a lot of woodsball, which means carrying your marker with your for long periods of times, and he is using a 88/45.

#26 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

THEN I SUGGEST TRADING FOR A SMALLER TANK LIKE A 70/45. I RAN AN ICD PROMASTER WITH A 70/45 ON GUN AND PUT THE THING DOWN LIKE TWICE ALL DAY. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE CARRYING YOUR MARKER FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T HAVE AIR ON GUN.

#27 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Nov 6 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

-Drop Forward-

-Stock-

LOL ... this just goes to show you how different people play different styles, cause i think silenthornet pretty much nailed it exactly.
When i play woodsball ( not often, but sometimes ) i use my big pig tank, because the air fills at my field are by the psi ... so if i use my small tank that is 4500 psi, or my big tank also at 4500psi, it costs the same ... the woodsball games last A LOT longer than speedball games so it makes more sense to use the big tank... which also weighs a lot more. i don't want to be lugging that all during the lonng game, so i use a remote on it. when i speddball, i use my small tank, and a drop forward to keep my profile small .. the drop forward makes it easier to "crunch up" behind a bunker .. and since the distances are considerably shorter in speedball , i only use a 10 inch barrel .... more than accurate enough for me for the short shots that i am taking .... not like woods ball where i will use a 12 - 14 inch barrel ... i guess it's just whatever you are comfortable with ... try them all if you get a chance

#28 User is offline   Specterunseen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

Ok... well. Can I have a drop forward AND an adapter to attach STOCK TO GRIP? Is there an adapter that lets you do both. I got a good deal on a shocktech relocatator with tombstone, but would like the stick to be in the same position as the tank would be. I think this would give me the best of both worlds. I think eventually I'll go with a blackcell horizontal tank bag on my tactical vest as I don't forsee switching hands often... i'd rather have it lighter and carry more on my back...

So until then, is there an adapter that lets me do both stock from grip and a drop forward?

Thanks guys, good advice.

#29 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Nov 6 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

THEN I SUGGEST TRADING FOR A SMALLER TANK LIKE A 70/45. I RAN AN ICD PROMASTER WITH A 70/45 ON GUN AND PUT THE THING DOWN LIKE TWICE ALL DAY. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE CARRYING YOUR MARKER FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T HAVE AIR ON GUN.

I realize that, but I was referring to an 88/45. Not a 70/45.

#30 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

i believe that you could use a drop forward and then just screw in the male adapter for the remote into the asa on the drop forward ... is that what you are asking, or did i miss it entirely ? it sounds like you are talking about an A5, yes, no ? i guess i would need to see a pic of the drop forward that you are talking about ... i know some guys that made custom shoulder attachments and still used remotes ...

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users