Special Ops Paintball: What To Wear On Your First Day Paintballing - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What To Wear On Your First Day Paintballing Part 1: Head/Neckwear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

So, your about to go paintballing for your first time ever, you probably have many questions your asking yourself, but one of the major ones is “What should I wear!?!”, so you may ask your friends, but they don't know either, so your stuck. Please, just read this guide. It will tell you what you should and shouldn't wear paintballing. This is part one of many, it's about head and neck wear.

A. Upper Clothing:
I consider upper clothing anything you wear above the waist. Lets start at the top and work our way down, giving us our first subject:

I. Head Protection:
Well, you always have to protect he 'ole noggin. Head shots hurt, and all of the “uber snipers” out there are going to be aiming for you melon, so protect it:

a. Walmart With Paintball Gear/Paintball Store Access:

1. Head wrap:
So if you have a paintball store near you (I don't believe Walmart sells these) you can go out and buy a head wrap, they are specifically made for paintball and can definitely keep head shots from hurting so bad, plus you'll look “AGG”!

b. No Store Access:

1. Hat:
A hat works great for protecting your head, and almost everyone has one laying around their house. What you should do is put it on backwards, and most of the time you can get some protection for the back of your neck through this also. The bad things about hats are the button on the top and any other metal on the strap or anything. If you get hit in the button/any metal on your hat, it will hurt twice as bad.

2. Small Towel:
Small towels work great, you throw them over your head and the strap of your goggles should hold the towel in place, just make sure you goggle are extra tight, so that the can't slip off of the towel. The best thing about a towel is you can soak it in cool water and it will keep you cool throughout the day.

3. Hoodie:
A hoodie with the hood “up” is a really good choice to protect your thinker too, the only thing is, it can get hot, so think about the weather before you decide on this.

II. Neck-wear:
If this is your first time paintballing, your probably wondering what a paintball hit feels like, it's hard to explain though. There's one thing I know for sure though, neck shots hurt the worst. Now your probably reading this the day before, or soon before you go paintballing. Maybe you have access to a paintball store, maybe you don't, maybe there's a WalMart nearby, maybe there isn't. I'll cover all of the possible situations though.

a. Walmart With Paintball Gear/Paintball Store Access:

1. Neck Protector:
Well, this one's easy, go to your paintball store and buy a neck protector specifically made for paintball. This is the best option because they protect your neck really nicely and they are cheap (I've seen them for $6). The easiest way to ruin your day is a nice neck shot from close range, so if at all possible, buy a neck protector.

b. No Store Access:
OK, you don't have access to go anywhere, what do you do? Good question, let me know if you get it answered...

...Just kidding, of course I have a solution, actually I have a few.

1. Scarf:
OK, so you may not be the coolest cat on the field, but when your buddy takes a neck shot after he laughs at you, he's going to be begging for a scarf. All you really need to do with the scarf is rap it around your neck twice and then you can tuck the extras in your shirt, giving you a little bit more of the cool factor back.

2. Turtleneck:
Once again, the cool factor runs low here, but think about your safety rather than your reputation. Plus your reputation is earned on the field, not by looks. If Oliver Lang wore a turtleneck, most other paintballers would wear one too, just because he's so damn good at paintball.

3. Hoodie:
Hoodies work great for neck protection, at least some of your neck. If you have a buddy of yours pull your hood straight up (bringing the front of your shirt up a little) while you put your mask on, the hoodie will cover all of the back of your neck and depending on how high you pulled your hoodie up, a decent amount of the front of your neck.

4. Pop Yo Colla:
The least effective, but better than nothing and somewhat cool method of protecting your neck is putting your collar up. It won't cover your whole neck but it will get the bottom half of your neck covered which beats nothing at all.

Look for more posts by me about what to wear on your first day paintballing, the next one out will be:

Part 2: Torso, elbows, and hands

#2 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

Doh! Silly mistake in title, also my format may be tough to read, it aligned everything left, even though that's not how I had it.

This post has been edited by Stock Class Phantom: 04 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

#3 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

why not just wear a t shirt and jeans... You will look like a newb, but people will underestimate your pb skillz and that leaves you an oppertunity to own faces.
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Dressing like said in the First post makes you look like a noob..not dressing in Jeans and T-Shirt..not that it matters what people think of you any way..its your skill and attitude that counts

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 04 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

if i see someone in a t shirt i kinda get worried because it either means they dont worry about getting shot or they r a noob that thinks they r a beast but dressing isnt a huge issue its more about the colors u wear my freind wore a red osu sweater and i was likeu do understand we will be in a green forest right?

This post has been edited by Merchant of Paint: 04 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#6 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

I recommend that people actually read my post...I say nothing about jeans/t-shirts yet, that's a different part of this sequence of posts. Please, just read the post before you comment, I know it's long, but read it.

#7 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Any actual paintball sniper out there wouldn't aim for your head, that's just too much hassle. The chances of getting an accurate shot on someones head is very low, you just aim for the body.
I'd love to see someone wear all this stuff to go play in, they'd look quite the fool. Who would honestly wear a towel over their head?
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#8 User is offline   Shepherd 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shepherd

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

View PostJonas, on Aug 5 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

Any actual paintball sniper out there wouldn't aim for your head, that's just too much hassle. The chances of getting an accurate shot on someones head is

LOL.. I always aim for the head, and I am no "sniper". What exatly do you think people stick out when they shoot? Their body? Nope..they stick out their barrel, hopper (if you are lucky), and their head to see where they are shooting. You will always get far more opportunities to goggle/marker tag someone than you will to aim "center mass".

Plus.. goggles don't allow for as many bounces...usually. So yeah, protect your noggin, because most guys with firepower will be sending 8-17bps at it real quick, the first time you stick it out from behind a bunker/tree. Pump guys will just nail your melon once, and then laugh..sad but true.

#9 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

IMO a paintball hit feels like a rubber band snapping on your skin. (if u have an older sibling u should know what thats like). it honestly doesnt hurt that much, and i dont feel its necessary to have headwrap and scarf and all that stuff. The thing about tshirt and jeans is that if u visit ur field a decent amount of the time, the people there start to recognize ur "not afraid of the ball" . anyway, tshirt and shorts (or jeans; i prefer shorts but i dont have any durable enough) is great for the summer. In winter i usually throw on a sweater or something.

As for aiming for the noggin, i just aim at the person in general. If ur any good, u usually will only stick out your head, your gun, and your hand(s). Out of the three, the head is the largest target, therefore the most likely to get hit.
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#10 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

I was thinking he meant lying in ambush and waiting for someone to walk by sniping, not in a firefight. That's why I said about the aiming for the head thing.

Best webcomic ever.

#11 User is offline   Stock Class Phantom 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Maybe you guys are just brave fearless men that were scared when you were newbies. But I was along with many others. I didn't want to get hit. Wearing this stuff will ease your way in to paintball. After a while a newbie will go, well I havn't been shot in the head, do I really need this? Then they will get shot in the head, and you know what? They will go "Hey! That wasn't so bad!" but this will prevent somebody from having a bad first experience. Rag on this post all you want, I think it can be helpful.

#12 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

Are you kidding me? Getting shot in the head hurts like hell, I won't lie there. But the chances it happens on the part of you that isn't covered by your goggles is pretty slim, and you end up forgetting about it on the next game. The game is all about getting hit, but covering every part of your body is going a little overboard.

Best webcomic ever.

#13 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

IMO the hat idea is good for new players. 1st time getting hit in the head hurts.
I do notice that the people affected the most by head hits are not drinking enough water. The hit will then make them kinda dizzy and possibly make them sit out the next game.
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

#14 User is offline   Walkons-Will 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

tank top, cut off jean shorts, and a du-rag.
i call it the im here for the pain special.
this signature is to awesome for your eyes, it may blind you. and i want you to see me when im rushing you...

#15 User is offline   stevezissu 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

wear whatever you want. If its hot wear less if its cold wear more that it .
Sz

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users