• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help with a new shop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spike2112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Ok the closest pro shop/field is about an hour away from ne. I want to open a pro shop/ field but don't have the money myself to get everything I need. Would a company be willing to help set up a field or to get one going or is it all on my own kinda thing. If it is all on my own any ideas on how to get one going?

#2 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostSpike2112, on 06 August 2010 - 06:01 PM, said:

Ok the closest pro shop/field is about an hour away from ne. I want to open a pro shop/ field but don't have the money myself to get everything I need. Would a company be willing to help set up a field or to get one going or is it all on my own kinda thing. If it is all on my own any ideas on how to get one going?

A paintball company is not going to give you capital to start a shop up. You have to get a Tax ID # and state Resale license. You then would need to form a business plan and go to a bank to get a loan. If you were able to get a loan, you would need to apply to the companies to become a dealer and set up dealer accounts, most require a large initial buy (5K+), after that you can set terms with the company.

I can keep going, but I would research the area first. Is there a lot of people who play around you? Where there any other stores closer before? And if so why did they close. Do you have business experience? Do you have set business goals for the next 5 years? The bank is going to want to see that you did your homework on the matter before they will even remotely consider giving you a loan.

EDIT

I just looked at your profile, and it says you are 19. The chances of you getting a loan to open up a store is going to be slim.

This post has been edited by deltapaintball: 06 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Coming soon.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

honestly, if u have ur house paid off or ur renting, it would be cheaper to move
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Actually it's kind of easy to start up,just how you go about it.

1-get a business/tax ID number. That's the first thing you need to do.

You have to start of small. I know everyone wants to have the big name companies,but it's just not possible if you don't have a store front. Your main objective is to save the cash! I would contact I&I and look into their drop shipping program. You don't have over head to worry about,plus you can just keep the main parts on hand such as oring kits,bolts,air line. Basically the stuff that nickle and dimes a player to death.

One thing to remember,friends are customers to. Make sure if you are getting a major order together,you get all cash up front. They bail on you and want their cash back,he let it be known your policy is only a 1/4 payment return. Why should you loose on the deal.

Another thing,don't sponsor. That's the first thing a local team will want is sponsorship. Don't do it. You can build a good rep just thru business transactions. You need to make cash too.

You'll start off slow,but it will slowly come into play.

Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain:)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users