#1 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

UPDATE:

[B]4 November 2010:[/B]

Well the gun arrived and shot right out of the box, dirt and all. Well I was really happy with the performance.

Rule #1: If it works don't mess with it :ROTFL: Yep after I cleaned it and replaced all orings,I blew the Solenoid and The regulator leaked like a water faucet. The snap ring under the reg adjustment screw even fell out. So these vibes have seen a lot of field time.

Rule #2: If it's a rental, you take your chances of it woking or not. Then again that's all the fun of buying a [B]"BEAT ALL TO HELL" [/B]rental.

Rule #3: Don't get mad,just take a break and walk away for a while.

Rule #4: Have fun doing the fix.

Mine actually said SC Village on the side of it,so if that's where it came from,then it's expected to look the way it was. You can tell this gun had a lot of play time on it. The dirt, thousand of rounds of paint that was soaked into the body and the smell was all that was holding this thing together.

Maybe the Hot water and Dawn Dish soap scared it.

[B]5 Nov 2010:[/B]

[B]NOTE:
Break thru on the regulator. I found out I had to close the regulator all the way and feed air to the gun slowly. Plus closing it,helped to seal the orings in place.

Well the gun shoots and the reg holds air. Tried it on my ION. The only issue I have is that the noid is leaking and I know it's my fault. So I'm waiting for GOG to send a new one.[/B]

[B]10 Nov 2010:[/B]

Well the new noid and regulator arrived. Guess I'll hold onto the regulator,because the old one works just fine. It seals well and the gun shoots just fine. I have added a freak tip and it will also get a refurb along with the body and frame. So the gun has been aired up and fired. Guess I'll be looking for a Blackheart or newer board. I'm just going to shop around till I find the right price.

Will be posting more pictures once the gun body comes back from Oregon Hydrographics.

11 Nov 2010:

I ordered custom made grips from Stinger Paintball Designs.

http://stingerpaintballdesigns.com/

I'm going to "THEME" this gun. It's something I always wanted to do with a gun and it's something that I really believe in.

16 Nov 2010:

Just in from Stinger Paintball Desings

Hi Steven,
The order shipped today confirmation number 9101128882300415574027.
Thank you,
Tracy
Stinger Paintball Designs, Inc.
Providing the Ultimate Enhancements for your Marker!
www.stingerpaintballdesigns.com
Office: (951) 461-6662
Fax: (951) 696-2522

18 Nov 2010:

I am now officially into cost over run. I decided since I was going to give it a new look,I might as well give it a brand new stock board. This will give me the option of CO2 or HPA. I'll have select modes of fire to enhance my play on the field. Plus the new board will also go with the theme I have for the new look.

I'll keep the stock rental board as a back up for that "Just in case situation".

So I am now beyond the cost of a new VIBE/ENVY. That's what builds are all about. I estimated I am now $96 dollars beyond the real price of a VIBE/ENVY. Even with sponsorship help it's still costly. I still need to buy one more item and then I'm done.

19 Nov 2010:
Custom grips from Stinger Paintball Designs arrived today. :drool:

20 Nov 2010:
Since no one is reading this now,I can safely post up what the body graphic will be and what the grips will look like.

1 Dec 2010:

As of today,body was prepped,painted and dipped. Should be going to clear coat today or tomorrow. As soon as Mike sends me some pictures I will post for all to see.

7 Dec 2010:

Got word that the marker is being shipped back today. It's all completed and now ready for assembly. Should be here before Saturday. Just depends on UPS delivery.

9 Dec 2010:

Body came back today. I have started to assemble it. It's not ready to play with,still a few more things to be done.

19 Dec 2010

Well I have been able to locate a lazer engraver. We talked about what I needed and had no problem with it. So the parts are leaving this week. I have the gun together and it shoots. I'm using a different regulator for it. It's alot smaller then the originol. I have put in a multi select fire board.
It will come apart one more time so I can put in the detents. So far I have not put paint thru it. That's not going to happen till everything is back together.

25 Dec 2010:

Well final pics are up. I changed out the Bottle ASA to a black CP. As always I have one piece of chrome as my trade mark. Everything that I have used goes well with the whole look that I have chosen. Just one more thing to add and it will all be done and ready for the 2011 season.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO TITUS

Great person and great Sponsor. Thanks for buying this RENTAL LOT of "All Beat To HELL" Vibe paintball guns. Now we all have a winter project.

Posted Image

Not sure what it looks like. I'm waiting on it to come from Titus. Can't argue for $25.00. This is from the big gun lot sale he was kind enough to purchase for the MCB crowd.

So here is where everything will unravel,from start to finish. Hopefully not a lot of repairs,but only minor ones.
I'll learn about this gun just like everyone else on MCB will. So if you have suggestion or knowledge on/of the/this marker please let me know I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Very skanky looking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let's try to air it up before we clean it up:

Aired up and shot beautiful. I was really amazed at how well it shot. The dirt and crud didn't affect it at all.

Let's take it apart:

had to replace all the orings. Look how nasty this was inside. I guess rental fleets are all that well taken care of.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good thing Oring Monkey is my Sponsor:

Posted Image

Here's some of the dirt that I pulled out of it:

Posted Image

Let's clean it up:

Cleaned all the body and internals. Replaced oring. Dawn Dish soap and Hot water is a good cleaning combination.

Posted Image

What do I have to order or repair:

I need a new solenoid and regulator. At this moment,my regulator is unsafe for use. Also need new detents. Actually the reg is working properly now. However the adjustment screw snap ring fell out. I'll find a new one at the local ACE hardware. I just ordered the new reg and solenoid. They should be here by This coming Friday.

The grips were a little worn,nasty and ripped. I replaced them. Detents looked as if they were never replaced. They were a little beat up and I had a little trouble getting them out.

So if I wouldn't have blown the Noid,my total repairs would have been $15 for detents instead of $55 for noid and reg.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by blackrain: 25 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

#2 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

Off to refurb:

Going to my sponsor Oregon Hydrographics. Going to give it a new look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Freak Barrel System:

Decided to purchase an ION freak back from a member on MCB. Might as well,since this is an unofficial MCB build. I have always liked the Freak Barrel system,I just have not found anything better other than boring my own barrels. Since I have alot of tips laying around and I also own an ION,this is just smart money to spend,two for the price of one.

Posted Image

Replacement parts arrived:

Detents are here.
Posted Image

Solenoid is here.
Posted Image

Regulator is here.
Posted Image

Freak Back is here.
Posted Image

Custom Grips are here.
Posted Image

Feed neck is here:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Early sneak a peek pictures from OHG:

Here are a few pictures I received. Not a great look but it's something.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back from Oregon Hydrographics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Off to Lazer Engraving:

Few more things to add. Not done yet. This was a last min. idea.

What the plan is,to have the names of MIA/KIA added to the reg and freak back. Like I said this gun is suppose to send a message and that is to "Never forget that some are still not home". Iam a military person, and to me the more I show this gun,the more people will not forget.

So some pics before it goes off to Paintballer 187. It's done and ready to play with,just needs the laser engraving completed:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Final assembly:

Here she is all assembled,not leaking and functioning as if it were new from the factory.

How does it perform:

I'll let you know.

Field test:
Have to wait till it's all together and I get a chance to use it.

My thoughts:

To be honest it's not a bad gun at all. I would improve the solenoid hoses with regular Cocker or ION hose. I think what they use now actually has to be part of the design. I kind of went over board on this gun a little. I wanted it to stick out and send a message at the same time. I think the color and pattern are what really makes it stand out.

I'm hoping the "Barb Wire" pattern will be noticed. I know some people out there will probably want to say "It's white you can only use it for a speedball gun" Guess what,I don't play speedball. This will be an everyday woods gun. I like things to stick out and be noticed. To me changing out eye covers from black to green isn't custom. Anyone can do that. This gun might not be all that great,but to a new player,it will have some kind of intimidation,till they realize how bad I suck at playing :ROTFL:

I also thought this would give GOG or other players a choice of body coverings. Seem alot of companies now are doing Graphic/sublime anodizing. Well this is a cheaper alternative to sublime/graphic anodizing. This gun body has some beautiful lines to it and I'm hoping it makes the Barb Wire flow.

One thing I do/did was go into "COST OVER RUN". As most of my projects do. I don't know why. I guess once I start looking on the internet and started to think of ideas,and my mind just runs wild. I'm not looking for the ultimate shooter with the best air efficiency,I'm just looking for the best looking marker :rotfl:

Later,
Blackrain :drool:

Below you will find a few helpful links for the SP/GOG VIBE/ENVY:

Important info from Lomarandil on MCB. Something everyone can use:

First, turn off the marker, remove the battery, leaving the grips open. By depressing the trigger and then connecting the battery, you can flip between three settings:

1 flash = billy ball 0.5bps
2 flash = "rebound ramping" whatever this is
3 flash = semi-auto

Gog Tech service:

From GOG Tech Dept. Now we know they can do repairs and have parts on hand. This is a good sign:

Steven,

We have all of the parts you looking for. We are also excepting returns for service. We are able to fix all of the old Smart Parts markers.

Thanks,
Keith Short
Technical Service Manager
GoG Paintball USA
100 Station St.
Loyalhanna Pa 15661
WWW.GOGPAINTBALL.COM

Helpful regulator and CO2 videos:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zRaL5XpIUKY

Modes of fire how to change from CO2 to HPA:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Vibe Quick Start Manual:

http://www.wolfpackp...Quick-Start.pdf

MAX FLOW R Vertical Manual:

http://images.hustle....Smart%20Parts/

This post has been edited by blackrain: 25 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

#3 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

Pictures updated and a little progress happened. Old regulator has had all the seals replaced and it works just fine. Still need to buy a new snap ring. I'll keep the new regulator on hand as a "JUst in case" or a quick sale on the field. I have added a drop forward,because that's how I use my guns and I like the feel of it close to my body.Eventually I'll be putting a new board in it. A little more up to date stock board.I just have the rental version in it and it's non adjustable.

So stick around and see what this turns out to look like.

Later,
Blackrain:)

This post has been edited by blackrain: 11 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

#4 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

There was a ton of stuff in that!!!

Good right up :tup:

#5 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

Thats a good idea, getting ahold of an old rental. Sounds like a fun fix and a cheap backup, loaner, or present gun.
2 Samuel 22

#6 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Titus on MCB bought a whole rental lot and sold them all for $25 + shipping. I think he bought around 80 total.I think all of them have been sold. He has a nelson pump sale going on now. I think he has about 50 of those for sale.
Later,

#7 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

new custom grips are on the way. Hopefully the body will be back in 2 weeks.
Later,

#8 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 11 November 2010 - 02:45 PM, said:

Thats a good idea, getting ahold of an old rental. Sounds like a fun fix and a cheap backup, loaner, or present gun.

Not a loaner gun. Will be a main gun in Team Blackrain's arsenal. It will be used starting in the 2011 season. If you didn't know,Team Blackrain only consist of two people, Me (The Team Player) and my Wife (Team Pit Crew and everything else that falls in with the team).
I'm actually have to shoot lighter guns now. Shoulders don't work very well these days. Also I don't stray very far from the staging area either lol.

Later,

This post has been edited by blackrain: 06 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

#9 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Nice. I just assumed you would already have a favorite gun to play with. Many people dont give reconditioned guns as much credit as they are worth.
2 Samuel 22

#10 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

That is awesome good job in bringing her back. SC village is no joke. I could only image the abuse it took. I love smartparts markers I own two they never done me wrong.
If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#11 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 20 November 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

Nice. I just assumed you would already have a favorite gun to play with. Many people dont give reconditioned guns as much credit as they are worth.

My 99 cocker is my favorite gun. It always travels with me.Iam also in the works of building another gun for the 2011 season. It's a Super Bolt Cocker that will have a unique look to it.

As far as rentals,I have restored several over the last two yrs and they have all shot just fine. The oldest one I restored was over 20 yrs old, Titus bought a whole bunch from Survival Games NY. That only took me about 2 hrs to get shooting,but went thru a whole refurb with new seals and such.

Later,

#12 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostGUNFU, on 20 November 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

That is awesome good job in bringing her back. SC village is no joke. I could only image the abuse it took. I love smartparts markers I own two they never done me wrong.

Thank you. People do not give rental sales a chance. If you have a little skill and usually very little money to repair,they can be great shooters. A little cleaning,lube and spray paint goes a long way to make them look nice and shoot nice. Finding cheap parts sarching the net helps even more. This gun shot right out of the box with dirt and all lol.

I have gone way into cost over run on this gun. I'm actually a $100 over the actual cost of a new vibe. But that was by choice. tell me how you think this is going to turn out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Something I always wanted to do with a paintball gun.

Later,

This post has been edited by blackrain: 21 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

#13 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Just thought I would give a little update here. The gun body is back. I have it together,but have not run air thru it yet. I'm deciding which regulator to use. I still have to get lazer engraving on it and then it will be ready for play. A few here have already seen this. Here are a few update pictures.

Later,

Back from Oregon Hydrographics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

View Postblackrain, on 21 November 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

My 99 cocker is my favorite gun. It always travels with me.Iam also in the works of building another gun for the 2011 season. It's a Super Bolt Cocker that will have a unique look to it.

Pics? :D

And that is a beauty! hard to believe that used to be a rental. Nice POW grips too.
2 Samuel 22

#15 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm working that theme. It's almost done.
Later,

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users