Special Ops Paintball: What position do you prefer while playing as commander - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What position do you prefer while playing as commander Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Whats your secondary position? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

What position do you prefer to play in while acting as a commander?

1. Dagger-light rifle man (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

2. Saber-medium rifleman (18 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

3. broadsword-heavy rifleman (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

4. hammer-heavy rifleman (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

5. Ambush-sniper (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

i chose hammer, but in reality if i am a commander, i am a commander. That means i play to the rear of my assault element, usually with a pistol or pump. I tend to get carried away when i get stuck in, so i limit myself to make sure i stay on top of my command responsibilities. If we are playing a scenario that allows special weapons, then i will carry the rocket launcher. But if the scenario is large enough (ex. D-day 07) then i bring along me trusty 98c or something.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#32 User is offline   The Spartan 

• awesome
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bbaldey

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

When i play as my team's commander i try to be a sabre but sometimes i end up in the front, playing as a dagger. Dagger is my position when my sniper is playing commander but i try to hang back when i am commanding

Official Dagger #9 _ Owner of a Limited Edition Gold Smart Parts Epiphany_ Christian Baller

#33 User is offline   CRI Hitman 

• Ace Of Spades
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:[CRI] AOS

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Sabre/Dagger(Sometimes If The Squad Isnt Moving)/Sniper Not Ambush Just Sniper. Ill Stay To The Rear And Lay Cover/Support Fire. If The Moments There Or The Situation Changes I Get Out And Run Point And Lead The Team To Victory. Sniper Is Good To U Hang Back And Put Shoots Where Needed. Ambush Sniper While Commanding Is Irresbonsible To The Team. U Cant Take While Ambushing So There For U Cant Lead Your Team And R Letting The Team Down.
Co-Founder And Director Of Public Relations For:

Commander#58-Sabre#90 www.badgerbrigades.com Check It Out

#34 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

Dagger, because I am good at it, though I do everything, so Im like a Commander/sabre/dagger mix. I just do dagger a lot more.

did I die for a second there?...

#35 User is offline   wagonburner187 

• balance and tactics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:wagonburner

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

I play Broadsword while ccommanding its just the right mix of action and safety that i thing keeps Commanders in the mix just the right amount.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#36 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

Depends on the event and my overall role for the day.

In the standard woods game, I tend to be in the middle of the assault. I don't really follow the Spec Ops positions, but you'ld probably label me a sabre because I do everything. I do a lot of advancing (like a dagger) but I also do a lot of suppression for others moving.

In a bigger game or scenario, I tend to be towards the back offering support. I fire when I can help, but I spend more time on the radio with other units in the field and the general of the scenario coordinating efforts, then running squad command on the group I'm working with.

One tactic my team does really well is break into small groups (1 or 2 people at most) and all have radios. They then each take a group of walk on players that would otherwise be unorganized in the scenario and form "units" that I have overall control with. They act as commanders for their walk-on unit, and I act as intermediary between the general and my several "units." The advantage of this is it takes a coordinated group of 5-7 men (average turnout from my roster of 9) and transforms it into a coordinated group of anywhere between 50-200 people. Now that's a powerful force...
Member of Team Akkadian

#37 User is offline   Werewolf 

• The Dog of War
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Werewolf

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

Wow. I read through three pages of replies and didn't find anyone that does what I do. I'm shocked.

I don't play any of the "Spec-Ops sanctioned" positions. I find that playing as a Grenadier best suits my team's needs at the moment. I carry a JCS Alias MKX as my primary weapon, grenades for the interesting situations, and a Tac-8 to extract myself from sticky episodes. I also carry a spare tank of air on my vest, along with four 140-round pods for my guys if they run out.

Due to the lack of bodies on my roster, I usually array the guys in a wedge formation, with me and one Rifleman in the rear. I find that Grenadiers are highly specialized troopers and can only be used in certain situations. That frees me up from getting bogged down in most firefights and I can maintain excellent command-and-control with my guys and the scenario general via radio. I usually maintain a position that can be called the "second tier" and allow my guys to engage while taking overwatch. I can step up and send a rocket into a bunker should the need arise, toss a grenade or two, or just sit back and watch the firefight, sending commands to my guys and informing them fo the enemy's intents and actions. Mystyle of play is not exactly an action-junkie's style, but it gets the job done and we have overpowered enemies simply because I was able to stay standing and direct my guys from out of range without having to worry about ducking, dodging, and laying low.

It's pretty simple, but it works.
Warsaw Pact Loyalist...forever.
WCP Clan Member

#38 User is offline   CaptainAmerica 

• Sentinel of Liberty
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CAPTAIN_AMERICA102477

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

I shift between Dagger and Sabre. I like leading the initial advance and direct my men into positions Suitable to the overall strategy and fill in where my team needs me. But I do LOVE playing Dagger.
Any position is as good as any, really, so long as you lead well.
True Commanders play Commander, however, and do what is necessary for the team, regardless of position designations.

" This isn't just a war against an ARMY... Hate-Monger is waging a war of IDEAS.
And on that kind of battlefield, Captain America can be an H-Bomb. " Frank Castle

#39 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

none of the above, I play commander and pwn3r dude, and paintballer.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#40 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

I am sabre so i know what is happeneing but not close enough to get shot easily.
04 RX8 is my baby

#41 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

View PostWerewolf, on Jul 7 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

Wow. I read through three pages of replies and didn't find anyone that does what I do. I'm shocked.

I don't play any of the "Spec-Ops sanctioned" positions. I find that playing as a Grenadier best suits my team's needs at the moment. I carry a JCS Alias MKX as my primary weapon, grenades for the interesting situations, and a Tac-8 to extract myself from sticky episodes. I also carry a spare tank of air on my vest, along with four 140-round pods for my guys if they run out.

Due to the lack of bodies on my roster, I usually array the guys in a wedge formation, with me and one Rifleman in the rear. I find that Grenadiers are highly specialized troopers and can only be used in certain situations. That frees me up from getting bogged down in most firefights and I can maintain excellent command-and-control with my guys and the scenario general via radio. I usually maintain a position that can be called the "second tier" and allow my guys to engage while taking overwatch. I can step up and send a rocket into a bunker should the need arise, toss a grenade or two, or just sit back and watch the firefight, sending commands to my guys and informing them fo the enemy's intents and actions. Mystyle of play is not exactly an action-junkie's style, but it gets the job done and we have overpowered enemies simply because I was able to stay standing and direct my guys from out of range without having to worry about ducking, dodging, and laying low.

It's pretty simple, but it works.

That is exactly how I run Slack Attack during a scenario. Except that I carry my Ion as well. I can also suggest that you utilize a Tac 8 as a sidearm for that rare moment when you might need to shoot someone with a paintball. ((Lone snipers sneaking around behind your squad and such)

On a different note, I broke my big toe last week and tried playing Hammer/broad sword as defencive commander so that I didn't have to run on a tender toe. I blasted the tree line in front of the flag station at first sight of an unanounced body. I found that while I was in full control of the defence listening to the offencive radio chatter and not being able to see what was happening was pure torcher.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users