Special Ops Paintball: Search provided no results. -"What is an expansion chamber?" - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Search provided no results. -"What is an expansion chamber?" So now I can say I tried. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jack 

• Master Complainer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

After searching for an answer to the question "what is a regulator?" I found that it is not recommend to use one with co2, Now I want to figure out "what is an expansion chamber?"

I'm a beginning player who, for quite a while now, has been building a setup for my first game with more than 3 people (took long enough, but that's besides the point) I have a comfy mask; A remote line; 20oz CO2 tank; 14'' J&J barrel; light vest with 4 pods; and and overall love for my A-5 (I know, not the best decision but I loved the feel and the upgrade-ability.) I ask "what an is expansion chamber?" only because I want my next upgrade to have something to do with accuracy. (I practiced my BTA and snap shot every weekend, until I lost my remote nipple and the screw for bottom-line on the grip.) My point is I have found my A-5 to be loud compared to some other markers, so I want my first shot to hit most of the time.

Now, what is an expansion chamber?

I don't usually ramble but I want it to be known that I try very hard to make the smartest decisions concerning my marker, especially when I have only played maybe three times.

Wonder if I can get a name change...

#2 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

An expansion chamber just allows CO2 to more easily convet into it's gas form from it's stored liquid form. Many say they don't help a hole lot and it can actually hinder performance. I have no opinion.

A Palmers stabilizer would actually be better than an expansion chamber and is designed to be used with CO2.

Also, there are some regs that will work with CO2, such as the WGP ERGO.

#3 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

Correct. An expansion chamber is a way to minimize the chance that liquid CO2 can get into your marker, which can cause all sorts of issues, from velocity fluctuations (which will hurt your accuracy) to damaging internal components. A regulator designed for CO2, like the two above, will do the same thing and give you more control over the velocity of your marker to boot.

That said, if you're running your CO2 off a remote line, especially if your tank is vertical, adding an expansion chamber might not be incredibly useful, since your remote will already allow room for the liquid CO2 to become gaseous.

Lo

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

your C02 goes from your tank, though the hose and into your valve. The only room avaliable fot the C02 to expand into gas is inside the tank and inside the hose.

Adding an expansion chamber basically creates extra space for the C02 to expand. It will help your shot consistancy, but not your first. Your first shot after every two seconds or so will be only gas, when you shoot fast sometimes you suck up liquid C02 or your velocity fluctuates more.
with the expansion chamber this will also help prevent shot fluctuation ( by small increments) and help prevent liquid C02 going into your marker.

I bought the Expansion chamber for my 98 and it has served me well.
If you want consistancy with your shooting then a regulator is your option to go for.
A regulator will acually regulate the amount of gas going into your valve.
a expansion chamber helps the c02 have extra room to expand.

#5 User is offline   Jack 

• Master Complainer
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

(Insert all of your quotes here)

I thought as much, but, I wanted to hear from the members of this forum. I have a bunch of questions, but, I think I know the answer to them. Like are they worth it? or whats the best? or anything like that simple. Though, what I'd like to ask is "What is the most accurate paintball marker setup?" Unfortunately, that question is asked on the basis that all paintballs are perfect.

So what I get from this, the biggest deciding factor in accuracy is basically the paintballs? Is there no other way? saed faic.

I wish they made paintball bullets

This post has been edited by Jack: 24 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Is any piece of equipment worth it? That's a personal preference more than anything. Some will say that the added weight of an expansion chamber and stabilizer aren't worth it. Some will argue that using the highest rate of fire demands the use of one or both.

A company tried to make a football shaped paintball. They came in short and long versions and the idea was to make paintball safer by "forcing" the ball to split on the seam.
The problem was the enormous cost to retool all the factories to make them and the fact that all the markers would have been instantly rendered useless and a waste of money. Because of the shape new feed system wold be needed to allow the footballs to feed correctly.

Sadly, no matter what you do, a bad paintball is always going to cause problems. Even with a good paint to barrel match if one is slightly out of round, has a minor dimple in it, has a warped seam there's no control of it. But that's what adds challenge to the game. Buying a higher quality paint helps to reduce the issue and aiming at the larger targets (body vs mask) means you're less likely to miss.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   Jack 

• Master Complainer
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

Thanks, Your right about the preference.

I guess the best way to make your gun more accurate is to check every single paintball you put in your hopper (yaaah...No.) then use a pump to make your shots more important.

What I have now is all I need for the time being.

EDIT: (Puzuma's sig) Is that Kokopelli with an X-7? that's hilarious!

This post has been edited by Jack: 25 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

View PostJack, on Jan 25 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

I guess the best way to make your gun more accurate is to check every single paintball you put in your hopper (yaaah...No.) then use a pump to make your shots more important.

You don't have to use a pump to make your shots count, it's just easier knowing you don't have the ability to shoot another 20 paintballs after your first shot.

Yeah, it's Kokopelli con x7. :P It should be a Phantom, but whatev. :P
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#9 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

Just to add a bit...

The paintball is the biggest influence on accuracy. A low-end with good paint will shoot more accurately than a high end with bad paint. After the paint, a good barrel and a consistent marker are the next biggest influences. A regulator will help tremendously with consistency. Palmers Stabilizers are what I use and recommend for CO2 or HPA.

Actually, the most important part of accuracy is you, the shooter, and being able to shoot the marker accurately. You can have great paint and a great marker, but if you can't naturally point it on target and fire, then it's no good. Seems like you've taken the necessary steps of practicing which will have the biggest impact on your accuracy. Though, good paint and the rest can only add to that.

#10 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 25 2009, 03:11 AM, said:

View PostJack, on Jan 25 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

You don't have to use a pump to make your shots count, it's just easier knowing you don't have the ability to shoot another 20 paintballs after your first shot.

Yeah, it's Kokopelli con x7. :rolleyes: It should be a Phantom, but whatev. :wacko:

I have one with a phantom but it doesn't look quite right, I'm still trying to tweak it.
Attached File  Kokopelli_phantom.gif (32.16K)
Number of downloads: 0

You don't have to use a pump to make your shots count. People seem to forget about a little thing called fire control. At Elite Weekend I used a Blackcell Ion. In the 3 hours I was on the field I reloaded the hopper twice and carried no extra paint on me.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users