• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To go remote? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Subtle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

With a longbow stock, is it better to go on gun air or with a remote line? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Also whats the best tank pouch for use with a ghillie suit?

This post has been edited by Subtle: 06 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

#2 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

I would say that the only disadvantages of a remote line is that it can get snaged. I run a remote and the advantages are better marker handling and ease of target aquisition.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

I never snag my remote. I use a remote cover.

Advantages:

Lightens marker.
Gives it more of a real look.
If you don't have an on/off asa, a slide check can act as one.

Disadvantages:

More parts which = more chances of problems
Have to carry a pack

With a longbow stock, remote is almost a must.

***Buy a good remote, otherwise you will go through tons of crappy remotes. I recommened a Ninja Coiled remote with slide check. WORKS AWESOME!

#4 User is offline   schulzy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Schulzy Bear

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

I don't like remote lines, they tangle everything up, especially when snap shooting/switching hands. I don't mind having the extra weight of my tank on my marker, because my control of the gun with the tank on it makes me more of a threat.

#5 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

I find snapshooting easier with a remote, but I do use a stock....

Never had mine tangle on me because I use the remote cover. Switching hands...ehhh it depends on the situation.

#6 User is offline   Equivalence 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

I've found that I can snap shoot without a problem. The solution is to get enough coil on your chest that you have enough slack to switch.

#7 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

View Postschulzy, on Dec 7 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

I don't like remote lines, they tangle everything up, especially when snap shooting/switching hands. I don't mind having the extra weight of my tank on my marker, because my control of the gun with the tank on it makes me more of a threat.

I personally do not notice the remote line while playing but i do notice the weight when i play with a tank on marker.

#8 User is offline   Subtle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for all the replys. You've been very helpful...a good remote and cover will have to be my next investment after i finish my qbow and ghillie:P

Also whats a good tank pouch to use when you have a remote? i saw spec ops has a leg one, but does it work well?

#9 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

NOOOOOOOOO! Unless you are running a light tank. I was using a 48/3000 steelie tank and had bruises after using it for a day of paintball on my knee/leg. The velcro just doesn't hold up well.

....Here is what I did. I got a custom pod pack from Special Ops. And it is awesome.

Upside down tank pouch on the right side. 2 longbow mag holders running horizontally on my back. A grenade pouch on the top corner.

I have the tank pouch upside down because I wear the pack under my jersey and then the remote coil can run out and under my jersey. Works great!

I also have used Special Ops' 2+1 Pod Pack. Its...mehhh ok. I have bruises on my spine from it after a day, because it is only a belt with a big buckle, not a velcro one with support.

LMK if you have any other questions! :laugh:

#10 User is offline   Subtle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

By custom pod pack your referring to the molle pod pack with the custom attachments right?

This post has been edited by Subtle: 08 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

#11 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

Nope. I actually ordered it custom. Special Ops can do ANYTHING custom for you. Everything is sewn into the pack.

#12 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

If your play style finds you laying on the ground a lot and you use any kind of stock, a remote is pretty much a must. At least in my opinion it is. Reason being, is the fact you will be able to be closer to the ground.

Now if you you were someone who was doing more running and gunning, you could get away with a drop or a reverse mount. Same with stalking and being crouched mostly instead of laying down.

#13 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

If your using a MOLLE vest, then you can put the tank on the front of the vest to optimize your flexabilaty for snap shooting and switching shoulders in tactical sitchuations.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#14 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Dec 16 2009, 01:26 PM, said:

If your using a MOLLE vest, then you can put the tank on the front of the vest to optimize your flexabilaty for snap shooting and switching shoulders in tactical sitchuations.

But there goes any chance of going prone or crawling. And forget about diving into a bunker -- that would be a definite safety hazard.

For me, it all depends.

I like a remote when playing a long game/long day because the marker balances better then.

But when playing faster paced, shorter games, I prefer air on-gun. Only reason I don't keep it air on gun is the balance doesn't feel quite right, but it's still "good enough" that during a fast close game, the benefits of rapid switch shooting and shorter overall length pay off.

I can swap my Viking to be one or the other in under 5 minutes, and both are pretty comfortable to shoot.
Member of Team Akkadian

#15 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

View PostSubtle, on Dec 6 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

With a longbow stock, is it better to go on gun air or with a remote line? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Also whats the best tank pouch for use with a ghillie suit?

I would really recommend running your air on your back. The longbow is so incredibly light (my friend has one that he lets me use every now and then) it blows my mind. The lightweight of the gun is a great advantage when snap shooting and similar skills.

As far as the pouch? I just run with a basic 2 pod 1 tank pouch. My belt loops through it and I have never had problems with it being seen of getting in the way. Real cheap too. One of these days I'm going to try out the SpecOps Recruit vest. I think that would be ideal for paintball sniping
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users