• You cannot reply to this topic

GOT ME ANOTHER PUMP Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EmperorNikko

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

Well i just got back from my pb store. they had a deal where if you buy a PB marker over $100 you get a free 1 yr pass to their field. I couldnt pass this up cause its like play paintball for 1 yr the guns gonna be free technically speaking. So i bought a vsc Green anno'd phantom with T stock. I have to wait 2 weeks till they get it in but i cant wait to get it.

I also had a question, I have never played full blown stock class. So what do i get to hold 10rd tubes in. I know theirs ronin and pb mafia stuff that ppl say are amazing. But is it easy to put the 10rd tubes back in the elastic bands while playing? Or is there some stock class ninja way of not loosing them and holding on to them while playing?

#2 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side...

I get my tubes on eBay...there almost always some for sale...I&I sells alot of stuff thru them, I bought my stock class harness that way.
As to not dropping them...it just takes a little practice. Most of the ronin harnesses are pretty easy to use, getting the tubes in place isnt much of a problem. 12 grams area little trickier, They're small enough that they can sometimes fall out of place, so I usually keep them in a pouch on my harness.

#3 User is offline   splatterpunx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

View PostEmperorNikko, on Jan 20 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

Well i just got back from my pb store. they had a deal where if you buy a PB marker over $100 you get a free 1 yr pass to their field. I couldnt pass this up cause its like play paintball for 1 yr the guns gonna be free technically speaking. So i bought a vsc Green anno'd phantom with T stock. I have to wait 2 weeks till they get it in but i cant wait to get it.

I also had a question, I have never played full blown stock class. So what do i get to hold 10rd tubes in. I know theirs ronin and pb mafia stuff that ppl say are amazing. But is it easy to put the 10rd tubes back in the elastic bands while playing? Or is there some stock class ninja way of not loosing them and holding on to them while playing?

congrats on your gun buy! there is epic tons of good info pertaining to your new phantom on MCB and the PHOG.
it will be well worth it to get neck deep in reading.

investing in a pbmafia joyride or leg harness is the way to go as far as packing paint and 12 grams. there are few ways to deal with empty's, the key is to figure out what works best for you. first thing is a dump pouch, you can make one or buy one from pbmafia etc. they are easy to use just hang it off the front of your belt or pants and practice dropping your emptys (tubes and 12 grams) in the pouch. I personally have been stuffing them in my pockets for years,all my pb pants have large cargo pockets on the legs. I put my tubes in the cargo pockets and my 12 grams in the front pockets.

muscle memory plays the biggest role in reloading,reload by the same process every time the consitency will train your brain to go autopilot and you will get smoother and faster with practice.

you will lose tubes its part of the deal so buy them in bulk. Gen X Global is were the bulk tubes are coming from currently so ask your local dealer about them, talk to other stock players about splitting a order it will save you $$. buying 12 grams in bulk is the only way to go aswell,skip the crossman/daisy/BE junk and go straight for leland's.

good luck,it might be frustrating at first but after some practice you'll see the genious of SC.

#4 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:26 AM

Thanks a bunch guys!! info really helped. I am so excited to play SC. But now i got that urge to play PB and its still winter :ninja: .

Splatterpunks question for you though (or anybody that can answer). What is so good about lelands? I dont know much about 12g but i figure you guys are the ones to ask.

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

Lelands are the highest quality, most consistent 12 grams out there. BE, Crossmann, Copperheads are all hit or miss and vary in height. Not good for a fixed 12 gram changer. I can't tell you how many empty ones i have found when i pop it in mid game and find out, it was empty...but it has been far too many. Lelands cost a bit more per 12 gram, but like SP said, if you go in a group buy with people or just buy in bulk you will be fine. I only by Crossman or BE if i absolutely need 12 grams.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

Emperor, something that may be useful as well is a dump pouch/bag. It can make putting your empty 10 rnds in instead of fiddling around with trying to get it back into an elastic band. Just an idea.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#7 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

i hopped on ebay and found 200 lelands for 90 with shipping awesome deal if i say so. I now got all my gear ii believe i want picked out.

PB mafia joyride pack and a PB mafia dump pouch.

Can I buy these straight from their site? Or is there somewhere else i can buy those from?

#8 User is offline   splatterpunx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostEmperorNikko, on Jan 21 2010, 07:02 AM, said:

i hopped on ebay and found 200 lelands for 90 with shipping awesome deal if i say so. I now got all my gear ii believe i want picked out.

PB mafia joyride pack and a PB mafia dump pouch.

Can I buy these straight from their site? Or is there somewhere else i can buy those from?

yup buy those direct from the man and you are good to go

#9 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

For quick games, I really like wrist harnesses.

#10 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

I've always wanted to own a vsc phantom, but I figured a trracer is good enough for me. then I can duel with two trracers. ha ha ha watch as I fight bravely and die quickly and fail miserably. and congrats on joining the dark side as well. I just recently joined too.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

I run a PBMafia Joyride harness capless. When I pour the tube into the gun, I put it back in upside-down. It's about 10x faster and easier to do and I get a tactile indication of how many paintballs I've used, I can check on the run without looking.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#12 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 21 2010, 06:13 PM, said:

I run a PBMafia Joyride harness capless. When I pour the tube into the gun, I put it back in upside-down. It's about 10x faster and easier to do and I get a tactile indication of how many paintballs I've used, I can check on the run without looking.

Sounds like a great setup. Cant wait to get mine.

#13 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

It's nice. 160 rounds and 5 12ies (counting the gun) is more than enough to last a day. Even if you're only getting 30 to the 12ie (which you can easily expect from a phantom in all but the most frigid weather) you only have 10 extra rounds, which is a tube you don't have to reload later. ;) I used my phantom in 20║F weather with 75% humidity and snow in the air on 12ies (I didn't get my tanks filled and it was all I had. :P) and I was managing 25 shots. :D
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#14 User is offline   Lachero 

• We Few...
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

if you feel like spending a bit more money, a 13 ci hpa tank is the way to go. i got a ninja one and it works flawlessly with my phantom
I like turtles!
Support Cedric Diggory...Edward Stinks!

#15 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

View Postbigblue202, on Jan 22 2010, 12:35 AM, said:

if you feel like spending a bit more money, a 13 ci hpa tank is the way to go. i got a ninja one and it works flawlessly with my phantom

i actually have 1 laying in my closet. I bought it a while ago and never ended up using it. Now i have a reason.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users