Special Ops Paintball: Dead on Paintball Powertube and Bolt - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead on Paintball Powertube and Bolt Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

I bought the DOP powertube and bolt when I decided to try my hand at sniping. The Ad says it will add some accuracy as well as being much more durable than the stock plastic powertube. The barrel was a 18" opsgear interceptor. At 35 feet with the stock powertube I fired 40 vballs into the black circle of the target with a few strays as VBalls are inherently different in shape. With Polar Ice paint outside at 60 feet all 40 shots were within a 12" circle. I then switched to the DOP powertube. The VBall results were basically the same. However I did notice tighter groupings with the Polar Ice outside. They would have all fit in a 10" circle so there was a overall improvement in accuracy probably because of the bolt.

I then proceeded to polish the internals on my 98C and try again. After extensive shining of the internals I but back in the DOP bolt and powertube. The Vballs test was noticeably better. The big difference came in the polar ice paintballs test. At the same distance I shot all but 1 of the 40 into a 7" circle.

In conclusion The DOP system by itself will yield slight performance gains for the price but combined with the simple act of polishing your internals you can almost double your accuracy compared to a Stock 98. If you are willing to spend the $35 on the DOP product is entirely up to you but as a sniper every time you get a tighter shot group you can reach out further and further and expect eliminations

BASHBRO1

here is the test weapon
Posted Image

This post has been edited by BASHBRO1: 17 February 2006 - 03:27 PM

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#2 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Good review, I am still a bit skeptical on the swapping of the power tube and front bolt though...

Post #3 has some more links to great information as well;
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=41255

This image shows some great actual numbers from a side by side comparison of the different bolts..

Posted Image

SWATORNOT :ph34r:

#3 User is offline   deathxdealer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

bashbro-

im thinkin of gettin a dop powertube myself. does yours have an FVA on the front? im not sure but what im lookin at the specops store doesnt seem to have an FVA. if youre got an FVA, what model number is that?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users