• This topic is locked

ATS i feel like a noob for asking this.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PB_MERCANARY 

• your local forum anarchist!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:_SMOKEY_

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:13 AM

I was wondering what exactly ATS is. I hear that they make awsome mag fed markers, and I want to know if they have a website or something.

I feel so noobish.... :panzer:
This is a tragic lack of a witty and developed signature

IPB Image

98% of teens have tried marajuana. If you like waffles, put this in your sig.
XSV fan #3

#2 User is offline   ACEdelta 

• Country Boy
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ACEdelta

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

I don't know much about ATS, but I do know they are High-end paintball markers. Here is the site good luck.
www.getrealpaintball.com (actual site)
IPB Image
IF WE CAN'T DO IT, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE DONE.
(But us country boys always get it done).

#3 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

The ATS series are high end clip fed markers. They are rather hard to find. In fact, I have never seen one in real life myself. I don't know their current value but back in the day they went for about $600+. From what I've heard the following is true of the AT series.

The magazine is a chain/belt design that cycles a ball into the chamber with each shot. Each time the bolt cycles it drives the ratchet thingy that moves the whole belt forward. I think they sold clips in two lengths, a third that converted from standard hoppers to the clip, and a fourth that could take extra ammo from a high capacity loader built into an oversized forgrip.

The valve uses a Nelson based design instead of the more traditional semiauto valve designs. In fact it is more like a semi/full auto version of a Nelson pump than a spyder or tippman clone. It's also nothing like an autococker which is just a semi version of a sheridan based pump.

Also the guns were reported to be VERY LOUD! They were originally designed for police/military training so the noise was meant to somewhat resemble real firearms. The original ATS looked a lot like an M16 or M4. The AT4 is the smallest version and looks like a large machine pistol or SMG.

I hear that that they shot just as well as most other mid-high end markers but were very maintenance heavy. It was more like an M16 in that EVERYTHING had to be hand disassembled and oiled for it to continue functioning properly. Unlike many markers that just need a little oil shot through the ASA, AT series markers need lots of TLC.

#4 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

ATS markers have cult status,
if you see an owner he loves it
they are expensive like 800
there are 3 modles available to civilians
at10 at4 at85
at10 is a shorty
at4 is like the m4
the at85 is like a lmg with the large forearm hopper

there are 10rd mags
and 30rd mags
also mags that allow you to use 200 rd hoppers

the magazines are mechanicaly driven so they never double feed or not have a ball fed

they are superior in accuracy but only onthe upper end of range

personally i feel that the ats gives the edge to skiled players and will rip apart anyone not experienced enough to take care of them

the ats site doesnt seem very current, it would be more advantageous to ask your local shop about them

#5 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:55 AM

View Postwingmansteve, on Sep 16 2006, 08:18 PM, said:

at10 at4 at85
at10 is a shorty
at4 is like the m4

there are 10rd mags
and 30rd mags

the magazines are mechanicaly driven so they never double feed or not have a ball fed

personally i feel that the ats gives the edge to skiled players and will rip apart anyone not experienced enough to take care of them

the ats site doesnt seem very current, it would be more advantageous to ask your local shop about them

Oops. You're right about the AT4 and AT10. I mispoke about which designation was the tiny one.

Depending on the local shop though, you might get even less accurate information about them. A lot of the kids I see running these shops only know the current crop of electros.

#6 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

true, your adverage 16 yr old only knows his marker but if you get the owner or airsmith they can usually give you the best information

and it would appear that they are using different magazines and now also selling the at16 to the public

#7 User is offline   Red1 

• Silence is a Deadly Weapon
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow750

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:38 PM

View Postwingmansteve, on Sep 16 2006, 07:18 PM, said:

at10 at4 at85
at10 is a shorty
at4 is like the m4

there are 10rd mags
and 30rd mags

Only one of the kits is over $800, and you can get the AT-16 body and stick it on the trigger/bolt assembly of another AT. That's an advantage of them. If you own one, you can potentially own any of them without having to pay full price. They don't make the 10 round mags anymore (not sure they ever did). I once heard the accuracy described as "Hit your left nut from a hundred feet on purpose," referring to the six-inch barreled AT-10. The biggest problem is the maintainance, because if you don't take care of them, they will crap out on you; I've had it happen, and it sucks. I only own the hopper-acceptor mags, but I actually think the standard mags hold 25, not 30. The AT-16 would probably be a good sniper gun, if it weren't so dang loud. If you live in the right state and silence is worth it to you, you can get silencer barrels made. I am not advocating illegal silencer manufacture; if you want one do it legal.
Wow! I got off topic. Anyway, ATS are great Mil-Sim and woodsball guns as long as you take care of them. There's a reason they make you buy the starter kit with your first purchase.

Pistol Wielding Dagger #21; Youngest member of the Hobbit Mossad

#8 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

yeh the at 85 is the best gun b/c of the new internals and overall performance and streamelined hopper

if they made a beta mag for the at4 it would be better

#9 User is offline   Treadstone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Treadstone

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

Compass Mountain also sells both ATS guns and parts. Overall everyone has been pretty much dead on with the maintenance aspect of the guns. Treat them well and they will take good care of you. I have been very happy with both my ATS guns, one of which is used by my daughter, and as long as I follow the maintenance laid out in the manuals I have had no problems other than normal wear and tear.

#10 User is offline   Red1 

• PipPip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

View Postwingmansteve, on Sep 26 2006, 05:47 PM, said:

yeh the at 85 is the best gun b/c of the new internals and overall performance and streamelined hopper

The internals on ALL ATS guns are identical; like I said previously if you own one you can potentially own any of them. What do you mean by beta mag? I use the mag that has a hopper acceptor.

#11 User is offline   Treadstone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Treadstone

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

He might be referring to a Beta mag for a M4/M16, the twin drum set up used on real firearms. To the best of my knowledge there was never an attempt to increase the capacity of the magazine on the ATS guns, thats what he hopper adapter is for, but at one time there was talk of a larger agitating forward loader and the DIY biggie forward loader. Both of which fell from grace with the advent of the VL hopper adapter mag.

#12 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

View PostRed1, on Sep 26 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

View Postwingmansteve, on Sep 26 2006, 05:47 PM, said:

The internals on ALL ATS guns are identical; like I said previously if you own one you can potentially own any of them. What do you mean by beta mag? I use the mag that has a hopper acceptor.

they have dif internals than before, the older modles have diff internals in them , all the guns you buy new have the same internals
if you buy a second hand oldie though it has different internals, but only slightly

#13 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

View PostTreadstone, on Sep 27 2006, 11:55 AM, said:

He might be referring to a Beta mag for a M4/M16, the twin drum set up used on real firearms. To the best of my knowledge there was never an attempt to increase the capacity of the magazine on the ATS guns, thats what he hopper adapter is for, but at one time there was talk of a larger agitating forward loader and the DIY biggie forward loader. Both of which fell from grace with the advent of the VL hopper adapter mag.

yes i was refering to the beta century mag from betaco, its for firearms but i dont see why you couldnt apply the concept or at least the style to an ats mag, esp if you got talent and money to burn

even if you just modified the right vl plate adapter to the left and then have two vl's feed the magazine

#14 User is offline   Red1 

• PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

View Postwingmansteve, on Sep 27 2006, 12:33 PM, said:

even if you just modified the right vl plate adapter to the left and then have two vl's feed the magazine

I like this idea. Two hoppers feeding into the mag might be complicated because of the chain system, but right now I have the mental image of my AT10 with a hopper on both sides of it. It's kinda funny. If you figure a way to do this post instructions/pics, as I have 3 VL mags, an AT85 body, an AT10 body, and only one trigger/bolt assmbly.

#15 User is offline   wingmansteve 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

that image put inside like a beta mag shroud has been haunting me

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked