Special Ops Paintball: How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb? I saw it on MCB. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb then post about it
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
1 to move it to the Lighting folder
2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
15 "know it alls" who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

I laughed at this for at least five minutes solid.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#2 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

You could stand on a chair and have some friends spin the chair while you hold the bulb in the socket.
Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

So true....
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Shalendar 

• The kittens of my bone marrow are pleased
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jan 10 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

1 to change the light bulb then post about it
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
1 to move it to the Lighting folder
2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
15 "know it alls" who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

I laughed at this for at least five minutes solid.

--------------------
Taco Beller #2 Well, I guess I have an electro now... (205 Brownie Points.) Feedback: SO Forum +9/-0-MCB +7/-0
The Spartan Armory:Tippmann 98c, A5, PMI-I, Splatmaster, SL-68II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II, DM5, SL-68II (again...)
The epic 45-post. "im pretty sure that is the standing record...yeah..i mean dude..it was 3 and a half friggin pages in 4 seconds..." - T-Freak.

me too

"thats my goal, get sigged by everybody on the forums" - Spades -- "who knows when I'll need a barrel in my ASA?" - MIR Sniper
3 types of people in the world: Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. I am a Sheepdog. -- My feedback (+3/-0)

#5 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Wait... that list isnt a goal? cause it looks like one to me...
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Hilarious, and so true.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#7 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

View Postcor_man257, on Jan 10 2009, 11:20 PM, said:

You could stand on a chair and have some friends spin the chair while you hold the bulb in the socket.

That's how I'm going to change the next lightbulb I have that burns out. :D

And nice quote Shalendar. :( I like the bits of my sig in there.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#8 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

lol this is so great. I looked at it iim like, oh god... lol if you think about it.. it always happens...

"holy necro-post batman!"
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

This was posted a year or too back
lol kinda ironic
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#10 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

View PostAshrak, on Jan 11 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

Hilarious, and so true.

You sir, do not understand what a true comedic document of literature is truly about. The above example was lacking in any real substance, going off of an untrue stereotype that's come from the emotional reactions of people on the internet. I find it rather crude, derivative, offensive and boring.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#11 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Jan 11 2009, 09:11 AM, said:

View PostAshrak, on Jan 11 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

Hilarious, and so true.

You sir, do not understand what a true comedic document of literature is truly about. The above example was lacking in any real substance, going off of an untrue stereotype that's come from the emotional reactions of people on the internet. I find it rather crude, derivative, offensive and boring.

What a downer... :P
:idea:

#12 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

haha thats funny, that reminds me of something else i saw.

if you give 10 forum members a rope and tell them to pull, 3 will push, 3 will tell you to buy a A5, 2 will complain about paintball "snipers", and the last 2 will tell you to stay away from smartparts.

This post has been edited by C0N0R: 11 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#13 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

View PostC0N0R, on Jan 11 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

if you give 10 forum members a rope and tell them to pull, 3 will push, 2 will tell you to buy a A5, 2 will complain about paintball "snipers", and the last 2 will tell you to stay away from smartparts.

Thats only 9 people.

#14 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

View Postcor_man257, on Jan 11 2009, 10:54 AM, said:

if you give 10 forum members a rope and tell them to pull, 3 will push, 2 will tell you to buy a A5, 2 will complain about paintball "snipers", and the last 2 will tell you to stay away from smartparts.

Thats only 9 people.

nonsense!
dont blame me for such an elementary mistake :P
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#15 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

View Postcor_man257, on Jan 11 2009, 10:54 AM, said:

Thats only 9 people.

I'm not a professional on this matter in any way, sort or form, but I believe the 10th one is either changing a light bulb or pulling the rope. However, here are some google links to ensure that he changes the light bulb correctly, but he should really consult a professional first before he changes the "lamp". Now I'll be back in six months to start this all over again.....

And the British will show up, well, because they always do.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users