• This topic is locked

Paintball goggles??? need some help..

#1 User is offline   Gash_3 

• Medium Rifleman (for now)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GASH.

Post icon  Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

Hey, I am looking at some military balistic goggles(the shatter proof ones) on different sites like rap4 and what not. I know that you atleast need ear and eye but, is it required to have a complete face mask?
Here is what I am looking at(and other asorted goggles like it)...
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/ballistic...sses-p-323.html
:(

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

View PostGash_3, on May 6 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

Hey, I am looking at some military balistic goggles(the shatter proof ones) on different sites like rap4 and what not. I know that you atleast need ear and eye but, is it required to have a complete face mask?
Here is what I am looking at(and other asorted goggles like it)...
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/ballistic...sses-p-323.html
:(

Have a look online for some original old school paintballers photos. They used to wear workshop goggles and had no face protection. You will notice there were quite a number with the 'redneck / hick look' with deformed faces and missing teeth. Some of these may have been the stereotypical deep south 'good old boys', others looked like that because of their facial injuries from playing.

You must wear approved paintball goggles with facial protection and ear protection.

Note that though the ballistic glasses you linked to are tested for shotgun blast there are also quite a few ballistic glasses that are designed purely for the 'backdraft' of smoke & dust. Also bear in mind these are not meant for protection from the incoming projectiles - e.g. high velocity ammuntion but ofr optimum eyesight in the envrionments that they are used.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users