• You cannot reply to this topic

Disabled players Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

are there any fields around tampa fla that would allow a person in a electric wheel chair to play in games? i haven't played in about 6 yrs due to being disabled and would realy like to play again if possible.
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

It would depend on the field type, more than actual location as to whether you'd be able to play or not. I can't imagine playing in the woods would be practical or safe in a wheel chair. The danger of tipping and falling on roots and uneven ground may not be covered by their insurance. If they have a town/cityscape or an indoor field would be a better option for you. Buildings might be a minor issue as they may have a step to get through doors.

Best thing would be for you to call your local field and see what they can do to accommodate you. Let them know paintball is for everyone and there have been wheelchairs at games like OK D-day. I've seen photos of that only, so I have no idea how they made out, aside from having fun. :D
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users