• You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper Talk Discussion on a new sniper group... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Arch-Angel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Arch-Angel

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

Bare bones: I've grown really tired of the constant bashing that paintball snipers receive simply due to a disagreement over ballistics. I'm tired of walking onto a field in my ghillie suit and getting barked at about how I'm just going to cheat and not call hits, or how useless I'll be when I'm passed out in the bush, so on and so forth ad infinitum. In the same way I'm tired of having to listen to inexperienced players educate the body politic on what makes them a great sniper. What I want is a place where the true paintball snipers out there can come together and have an honest to god flame-less community. When two members meet on the field they know they're meeting with an actual (dare I say?) paintball sniper.

Now I know what you're probably thinking at this point: What about the various sniper blogs and forums out there? Yes, I've taken that into consideration. Our group would function as much as a community as it would a mark of ability. The one thing I won't argue with the primary force on is that there are A LOT of people who just want to call themselves "sniper." I've met them and I'm sure you have as well. I admire the enthusiasm but this type of player is just hard to deal with. The idea is not to put others down who want to be snipers but instead acknowledge that certain members of the paintball world who call themselves snipers actually fit the moniker.

I've put a lot of planing into this idea, and a lot of it is still in the development process. The one thing I want to put across is that this is a community by snipers, for snipers. That's plural, snipers. I need your help. If you're interested in helping move this idea forward please send me a PM and I'll send you a link to a message board where the major development will be going on.

Also I'd like you to be honest. If you're reading this and you think that this is a horrible idea that will do more damage to the sniper world then it would good, let me know.

Thanks for your time everyone. Feel free to ask away. I'd welcome a general discussion on this subject.

#2 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

HI man( Vortex from X7OG). Was gona post a link to X7 about your post to the sniper talk forum, but I see you have already.

I joined and waiting for mod activation:)

See you around.

#3 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

well, depending on what you define as a sniper...fact is that a paintball sniper is just a sneaky ninja paintball player lol

#4 User is offline   Arch-Angel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Arch-Angel

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

View PostLocknpump, on 25 February 2011 - 07:21 AM, said:

well, depending on what you define as a sniper...fact is that a paintball sniper is just a sneaky ninja paintball player lol

http://forum.special...howtopic=185402

I guess that kinda sums up how I define it.

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:10 AM

I get it, you want a place... Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same. You wanna be where everybody knows your name.

But these lines kinda bothers me:

View PostArch-Angel, on 25 February 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

• I'm tired of having to listen to inexperienced players educate the body politic on what makes them a great sniper.
  • The idea is not to put others down who want to be snipers but instead acknowledge that certain members of the paintball world who call themselves snipers actually fit the moniker.

Who's the authority on which "snipers actually fit the moniker" & which ones are just calling themselves a sniper? My problem w/ most position threads is that there is this idea that "I am a sniper because I do this, you can't be one because you do that" - sometimes there's this elitist attitude about positions that I don't care for. If you want to be a Sniper or Dagger or Flair knock yourself out, I don't care one way or the other. Just be careful about how you carry yourself in that role.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Basically, I love the idea of using a ghillie and ambushing groups of opposiion, but I mean, you can do that with basically any marker, or camoflauge..so its not that I don't believe in them, but I believe that anyone is basically a sniper when they hide behind a tree and amnush someone.

#7 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

My opinion is that as a paintball "ambush/sniper" (and I will always call it just that) I will know other "ambush/snipers" on the field. you can tell when someone prides themselves in the art of being concealed, and strives to be an expert marksman, and shows the qualities of what I believe is an "ambush/sniper." I'm a naturally accepting person. I don't mind helping and guiding someone else, and I try my best to not do it in a demeaning manor. But I find that the majority of the "sniper" paintball players who show up on the field prefer to be a "I'm awesome and you should try harder to be like me" player. And that's not what I like to see. If we were to take this into account, I can honestly say that a true sniper role requires the most elite of the elite marksman. How many of you can say that you can hit a target better than any other paintball player on the field EVERY time? You can't. But if you practice enough with your marker, you will show a skill of marksmanship that other players will envy. But someone asked earlier, who determines what let's an "ambush/sniper" into this top secret club? It's not like we have a training camp for paintball snipers, besides, probably over half of us are weekend warriors. I practice through my marker at preset distances in my back yard a few times a month, but I by no means put thousands of rounds through my marker.

I admire your thought behind this, and I think it's a great idea to an extent, but it seems a little "secret societyish" to me... People are always gonna talk junk about paintball snipers. That's just how it's gonna be. Would it be nice to have a place to go where we don't have to fumble through the "THERE'S NO SUCH THING, JUST GO PLAY PAINTBALL!!!" Yes. Will it be worth the time? I'm not so sure.

Just my opinion, but more power to you...

#8 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

I have to agree with Kaosukoden on this. We're always going to be flamed and put down, and how do we know someone is a "sniper"? Personally, I like our sniper forum here on Spec Ops. Sure, we have to deal with the trash talkers every now and then, but other than that, many of the posts on here are informative and mature and those ones generally stay clean of the flamers. But, I sure ain't going to stop you if you want to start a paintball sniper club, which is what it sounds like to me. Good Luck, Arch Angel.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users