Special Ops Paintball: I decided to ditch my lpk and just go with my palmers. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I decided to ditch my lpk and just go with my palmers. I run co2 so theres no point for the lpk besides the internals

#1 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

I decided after playing a few days with my lpk and palmers to ditch my lpk and just run the palmers stabilizer. The lpk seems pointless unless you are running hpa and still then it seems the cyclone stops working on a low air tank. I did keep the lightened bolt and tube to my cyclone because I think they are good parts and it seems the lighter parts increase my rate of fire.
So does the palmers eliminate the need of an expansion chamber?
What do people normally set their palmers at when running co2?

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

No X chamber needed for a Stab. That's why it's so big and the Fatty is so short. Stab is made for CO2, has an x chamber kind of built in as well as a over pressure exhaust. The fatty has neither as it is for HPA only.

Just hook it up and lower the Stab's pressure til it stops working. Then slowly raise the pressure 1/4 turn at a time and watch your FPS. It should raise with each turn. Rememeber to fire 3-5 shots between every setting change on the reg so it can set in. Once your FPS starts to drop you have just passed your sweetspot. TUrn the dialer back 1/4 turn and don't adjust it ever again. This is your most effecient you can get. Won't neccesarily be the quietest...but it will be the most effecient. Now use an RVA to adjust velocity from then on. Don't touch the reg again unless it needs a rebuild

This proccess is called SweetSpotting the Reg...and like i said, always fire 3-5 shots between reg adjustements, especially when lowering pressure...so the reg can set in at the right pressure

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

thanks again

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

View PostLegato, on Feb 25 2010, 02:54 AM, said:

No X chamber needed for a Stab. That's why it's so big and the Fatty is so short. Stab is made for CO2, has an x chamber kind of built in as well as a over pressure exhaust. The fatty has neither as it is for HPA only.

Just hook it up and lower the Stab's pressure til it stops working. Then slowly raise the pressure 1/4 turn at a time and watch your FPS. It should raise with each turn. Rememeber to fire 3-5 shots between every setting change on the reg so it can set in. Once your FPS starts to drop you have just passed your sweetspot. TUrn the dialer back 1/4 turn and don't adjust it ever again. This is your most effecient you can get. Won't neccesarily be the quietest...but it will be the most effecient. Now use an RVA to adjust velocity from then on. Don't touch the reg again unless it needs a rebuild

This proccess is called SweetSpotting the Reg...and like i said, always fire 3-5 shots between reg adjustements, especially when lowering pressure...so the reg can set in at the right pressure

good points, but if doesn't have a gold power tube, then there is no need for an RVA. plus the rva takes some tuning as well ..... i could never get mine to set correctly without adding a bunch of bb's in back of the spring.

if you have the stock power tube, then you can still fine tune the velocity from the same side adjustment point you have always used.

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:34 AM

There's a reason why lpk's are off the market now. The price is more than the cost of the marker. Also grabbing a frozen reg as a grip on the 98C lpk wasn't well recieved by many.

I have never heard of the stab being a bad purchase by anybody running CO2.

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

So the purpose of the stabilizer is to increase the shot-to-shot consistency? And thus the "accuracy" of the marker?
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Feb 25 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

So the purpose of the stabilizer is to increase the shot-to-shot consistency? And thus the "accuracy" of the marker?

Just the consistency, which improves precision. Accuracy is being able to to aim correctly.

Oh, Legs, what about guys running with 98's who decide to put regs in their stocks? We really can't put an RVA on our markers.

#8 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Feb 25 2010, 02:56 PM, said:

Just the consistency, which improves precision. Accuracy is being able to to aim correctly.

air usage efficiency

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

Oh, Legs, what about guys running with 98's who decide to put regs in their stocks? We really can't put an RVA on our markers.

i used the JCS folding stocks that had RVA's built in. :P If you can't do RVA, then it just kinda sucks. The FVA is a total waste of gas. A good RVA can really help control gas usage.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#10 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Feb 25 2010, 01:56 PM, said:

I know...hence the quotation marks. :dodgy: The end result would be (hopefully) more accurate shots. That's why I phrased it that way.

But thanks for answering my question.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

When sweetspotting your Stab, screw your FVA all the way out (just enough so it stays in the gun), it just blocks gas flow.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#12 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostLegato, on Feb 26 2010, 03:41 AM, said:

i used the JCS folding stocks that had RVA's built in. :D If you can't do RVA, then it just kinda sucks. The FVA is a total waste of gas. A good RVA can really help control gas usage.

My main 98, which is my "carbine" is running at 400 PSI with a consistent 275 FPS. :P My "SAW" 98 is running a consistent 250 FPS at 700 PSI. :) :D I have a Madmann spring kit for that one. Just have not gotten around to putting it on.

I do have a project 98 that will be running with folding stock with RVA and at least one Stabilizer. I know I plan on using nothing but CO2 on that one.

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Feb 26 2010, 10:36 PM, said:

My main 98, which is my "carbine" is running at 400 PSI with a consistent 275 FPS. :P My "SAW" 98 is running a consistent 250 FPS at 700 PSI. :blink: :blink: I have a Madmann spring kit for that one. Just have not gotten around to putting it on.

such is the beauty of crappy tolerances. I have a friend whose 98 custom wouldn't run below 650 psi...then i have another whose 98 can run at 325 psi with no LP kit. Both are shooting 280 fps. Just how the tolerances are. Some are better fitting and require less pressure, others with worse tolerances need higher inputs. Sucks...but thats how it is

#14 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Well I tweaked the valve on my main 98. I just recently put a volume chamber from an LPK on it. Before that I was firing it at 500 PSI with no problems. I might take the volume chamber off the "carbine" and place it on the "SAW." Main reason is because the "SAW" is going to get a response trigger since my Firestorm Crank broke.

#15 User is offline   randomness 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:randomness

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

I just got my Palmer's Stabilizer and was rather glad someone asked this question...

I have polished internals and the lightest drive spring from my spring kit installed in my marker. I too plan on running on CO2 instead of HPA.

Without the Stabilizer, I was shooting around 280~290-ish with my Front Velocity Adjuster all the way out. If I am not really worried about sweet spotting my reg (I don't have any intent on putting a Rear Velocity Adjuster on my marker) but instead have a target fps I want to shoot consistently at. I want to be shooting at 265 fps, so instead of adjusting my regulator til my fps drops, I just adjust it until I hit my target fps... Does that sound about right?
"I do as I please, ... , and believe me, what I do is always well done..." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users