Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

ok... gun, hopper, tank ect... the works

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

A-5 or 98 custom with a response trigger, maybe a flatline barrel, good sized hopper

#3 User is offline   BRoADSWoRD_KinG 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BRoADSWoRD_KinG

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

seems feasable... doesnt the flatline give more distance?

#4 User is offline   Jet021 

• ¥€$
  • PipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

yes, but at the same time, there are better barrels for accuracy that you might want to consider. the apex is good, it can be placed on another barrel and can be switched on or off.

#5 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

I would recomend four or six pods and a 20 OZ or large HPA tank because you do not want to run out. And get used to taking fire. A lot of fire.
Sabre #166

#6 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:11 PM

I play Broadsword often. I usually roll with an A5. This is my current set up.

Tippmann A5:
Apex or Smart Parts All American 14"
Psychobalistics Starfire bolt
Ape Rampage
JCS Jet Click
Tech T Lightning Rod
X7 Lightning Rod
BT Double trigger
Special Ops Commando Air Thru Stock
Special ops MP5 Shortie Shroud

Slide Check Remote Line
90/4500 Nitro Duck tank
SO Custom Vest (8 Pods)
2 Pistols
8 Pods (Dye Lid Locks)
2 Grenades
Amongst other things
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

What gear do you currently have? Why pay a ton of $$$ if you only need a few extra doodads?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   BRoADSWoRD_KinG 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

a spyder TL-R and a 2 pod belt pack & 20 oz co2 tank

#9 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

A broadsword is a heavy rifleman. You basically are going to provide supprssing fire for your team mates.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#10 User is offline   MurderFX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MurderFX

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

I say any marker will work for a broadsword as long as it can put paint downfield, lots of it, and do it reliably. I personally use either my WGP Autococker Black Magic or Smart Parts Ion. The key is that both will put a ton of paint downrange, do so reliably, and accurately (I personally use a SP Freak kit so I always have a good paint/barrel match).

IMO the broadsword position is more about the attitude then the gear (assuming you carry a lot of paint and can put it down range). For attitude I mean you have to be willing to get shot at, not be scared enough to run from that paint flying at you, and willing to fire back. I think of myself as the center point of our team, getting the attention of the other team, laying down more paint then them, and allowing my daggers and sabres a chance to move to better lanes or sweeps. I never backdown, I'm not afraid of groups out numbering me 2-1, 3-1, or even 10-1, and I'm not going to run away (unless my plan is to suck them in closer :P. The final thing I do, and it's just how my team works, is I typically play the field commander as well ~ directing my sabres and daggers to run flanks, drop backs, etc... Since I'm typically in the middle and getting the attention, I can easily yell out commands without the rest of my team worring about communicating and giving up their position.
Kevin
~ owner & driver of cars ~
#187 Outlaw Posse

#11 User is offline   BRoADSWoRD_KinG 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:36 PM

i under stand the point of the broadsword, its simple, lay paint to suppress the enemy. keeping them interested in me, not my flankers, even though... i have an ok gun, its reliable, shoots quick but not much on range and my pods are few

#12 User is offline   MurderFX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MurderFX

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

View PostBRoADSWoRD_KinG, on Nov 14 2007, 07:36 PM, said:

i under stand the point of the broadsword, its simple, lay paint to suppress the enemy. keeping them interested in me, not my flankers, even though... i have an ok gun, its reliable, shoots quick but not much on range and my pods are few

Well there you go ~ look for a better marker that shoots faster and gets good efficiency and work on increasing your pod count via a bigger pod holder or a full vest (I personally use an NXE 07 Evolution 4+3+2 pack loaded with Dye 160round locking pods. I personally carry up to 1400 rounds (typically though around 1000 rounds) on me and both my markers can handle that on a 68/4500 tank. If you use a less efficent marker then go with a larger tank as well. I still hold my thought though that any marker can play the role of broadsword as long as it can layout paint reliably. Us broadswords don't need to worry about the super lightweight and small markers like the flankers/runners need ~ just one that is shoots a lot of paint and does so reliably.

I will also throw out there that I don't think I play the broadsword role like most do though as probably more of a sabre/broadsword player ~ travel a little lighter and more compact and I sacrifice paint distance with deadly accuracy and quiet marker. Regardless ~ I can't stress enough that there is no one great gun for a broadsword as many markers can work into the role well. My other broadsword on my team uses either a PM5, PMR or A5 w/response trigger compared to my Black Magic or Ion (w/board, bolt, barrel). He does carry though about 2000 rounds compared to my 1000-1400 rounds.
Kevin
~ owner & driver of cars ~
#187 Outlaw Posse

#13 User is offline   W.C.D 

• EndGame
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:EndGame

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:18 AM

I'll be honest; Everyone will tell you different. This is what i recommend. Find a gun that isn't too tall. You wanna be able to lay down.
It's true. Lots of people are too lazy to get their camo dirty. SO, find a gun that isnt too tall, decide if you want a stock. If you dont think you want a stock, you may consider the fact that you may not be a broadsword. The broadsword is a heavy rifleman, we are needed to lay out paint. To surpress, and to intimidate. You may want some more pods.

But the biggest question is, not to sound like a jerk. But how much paintball have you played? how do you know this IS your position?
Captain - Shockwave [Canada]
Sponsored by: Save Phace, Northern Reptile, Yeswedoo.com, Pulsars
Shockwave Official Website

#14 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

The SO Positions where created as a marketing tool to SELL stuff, any marker and gear can be used in any position CAUSE THE PLAYER MAKES THE POSITION...
If you want you could go out there and play Broad with a CCM Pump as long as you know how to use it. If you center you're play and abilities around 1 core skewed skill set then all you'll be is a poster board for SO. Players make the position, buy what you like, what's comfortable, play the way you want to play and don't worry if your vest matches your cammies or position...

#15 User is offline   BRoADSWoRD_KinG 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

View PostW.C.D, on Nov 21 2007, 09:18 AM, said:

I'll be honest; Everyone will tell you different. This is what i recommend. Find a gun that isn't too tall. You wanna be able to lay down.
It's true. Lots of people are too lazy to get their camo dirty. SO, find a gun that isnt too tall, decide if you want a stock. If you dont think you want a stock, you may consider the fact that you may not be a broadsword. The broadsword is a heavy rifleman, we are needed to lay out paint. To surpress, and to intimidate. You may want some more pods.

But the biggest question is, not to sound like a jerk. But how much paintball have you played? how do you know this IS your position?

Well i have played around 15 games. trying out different positions... no position really fit my style except for this one...

What is the gun you use? and what do you think of it?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users