• You cannot reply to this topic

Rec prep and packing What you need when doing outlaw Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

This is for all those that are use getting into playing rec/woods/outlaw.

I play these on a milsim style and from my experience I'm going to give you some ideas on what kind of gear is needed or what would be advisable for a non regulation field or outlaw game.

Maximize carrying: Extra cases of paint, air and maintenance gear is vital more then ever in an outlaw game. I'm moved that stuff more way then one and I found stuff from my days as a cadet that have proven useful. Carrying air and paint and other items is best suited in the military surplus area with the large LC1 Rucksack
Posted Image

This pack can haul 3-4 2000 round cases of paint and each of the three large pouches on the pack can hold 2 9-12 air tanks. as well as other gear to free up your hands for other things.

I've seen the gear bags and totes used and they fail to carry as much or are not rugged enough to meet the harsh areas of woods use. On that note, I am a big user of surplus military gear for paintball because I know it's American made, and it is proven to hold up. If the troops use it and it works well, then for a woods player it's a no brainer.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:58 AM

This is a great idea. These should be easy to find and dirt cheap. Organization would be easy. And best of all, they won't have any embarrassing failures like overpriced name-brand gearbags.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

While I see this as a great alternative for use of your dollar, I don't get how the "harsh areas of woods use" has anything to do with it.

Durable, cheap(er), and fills the need well? Yep.

Overall, I like the concept, and would probably recommend that to people even for your indoor speedball field.

Me? I just use a $20 bag I picked up somewhere. It's held together so far, and since I rarely play outlaw ball, I don't have to pack as much. But for someone who has that kind of need, this makes sense.

EDIT - Won't be "dirt cheap" but it'll be far, far less than any paintball-specific bags.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 13 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

When we play outlaw (which is almost exclusively), we each bring our own stuff. I don't usually go through more than a case during any normal day. So I have one of these to haul all my paintball gear (camy's, mask, markers, etc.). And I use one of these to haul all my air/paint. It can carry a case of paint at 2 or 3 20oz CO2 bottles. Also in the side pockets I keep my Gerber multi-tool, marker repair kits, and our hand-held Chrono. I've found these two bags to be very nice and easy to haul around.

And if you're playing outlaw, a filling station is nice to have around. My guys all run CO2 because it's what's available. So we have a large tank we haul to where we play so we can refill out tanks. I think you can do this with N2 also, but we don't have the cash to switch over...yet.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

Yes, it is possible to have an HPA fill station. They are usually made with scuba tanks. They generally offer less total usable fills than a comparable CO2 fill station.

My team's tank has a scuba system on board to keep the main gun powered:

Posted Image

A fill station isn't any different in concept.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

I know this is off the OP's original topic, but the convo is going this way...so...

Thalion, we get our CO2 tank exchanged at a welder's supply in town. Do you know if we would buy a gaseous N2 tank at the welder's supply, would that still work to refill HPA tanks (assuming we have the fittings and everything)? I've heard hintings here and there, but never a reassuring "Yes".
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#7 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

I'm not positive. If the tank is built for nitrogen and is rated for the correct pressures, and if any impurities or moisture are kept out, I see no why reason why not.

Sorry I can't give you a reassuring "yes" or "no."

On subject...
Member of Team Akkadian

#8 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Kage. I get CO2 from Praxair. They also sell N2 in the 4500 psi tanks. If you go this way then you'll need a few N2 tanks and cascade them. Unlike CO2 when a N2 tank is half filled then it can only deliver 1750 psi. So after you top up with a new tank.

Then you'll need a regulated fill station to allow the 4500 psi tanks to safely fill the 3000 psi tanks. Scuba tanks are usually 3000 psi so we don't regulate them when filling 3000 or 4500 psi tanks.

#9 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

I'm not sure a large fill station in a ruck. I was thinking carrying several tanks so not to carry something that takes time to set up.

#10 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

usually when ever me and my friends outlaw it, we just go out there with our normal gear bags and equipment, with our pods filled..

my 90/45k will more then get me through the 1,040 rounds i can walk onto a field with.

how ever my friends still use co2, and carry only 4 pods and whats in their hopper. (1 of them only carries 2 pods) so its a little more of a pain in the butt for us to do outlaw.. but if we do outlaw anytime soon, i would more then likely go up against my friends with just my tpx and a baggy full of paint so i can reload mags
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#11 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

When we outlaw, we can drive into the field. We throw all the stuff into the back of the truck and head out. I guess we're lucky.

Where we used to play, we had to haul everything about 1/2-3/4 mile in to the spot. That was a pain.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

View PostI.K.E., on May 15 2010, 03:20 PM, said:

When we outlaw, we can drive into the field. We throw all the stuff into the back of the truck and head out. I guess we're lucky.

Where we used to play, we had to haul everything about 1/2-3/4 mile in to the spot. That was a pain.

one of the great things about a truck..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#13 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

View PostThumper113, on May 15 2010, 04:05 PM, said:

View PostI.K.E., on May 15 2010, 03:20 PM, said:

one of the great things about a truck..

I know, right? Wish I had one. :D My bro-in-law has everything.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#14 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

I have to hump my stuff across a street to my area and it's a good thing when most of the stuff is on your back and not falling out of your hands.

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

I used to bring a dye navigator stuffed to the max to the field..full of parts, and markers and everything. Then i started outlaw balling and having a 1/2 mile hike into the woods to the field. Now i just bring the bare essentials, two markers, and a small tool kit. So much easier.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users