Special Ops Paintball: Smart Parts MaxFlo Micro - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smart Parts MaxFlo Micro *gasp* A good SP product!

#1 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, I'll admit it, I bought something from Smart Parts (actually, two things) - I recently got a MaxFlo Micro tank regulator after I... "misplaced" my stock one for my pure energy 68/4500.

So, it's marketed as a user serviceable and removable regulator, meaning that you don't need a certified airsmith to work on it.

The first thing I did was e-mail Smart Parts for instructions for putting the regulator onto and then removing it from the tank - 20 minutes later the reply was: "Screw it in TIGHT, the o-ring on the base of the regulator seals the gap, removing the need for locktite."

Okay, great! So I screw it in pretty tight, but I notice a small gap between the regulator and the bottle (i.e. I can see though the gap) - so it really does need to be TIGHT! Another turn or so and it was sealed and ready for the tank to be pressurized.

Took it to a friends house who has a scuba tank, and we filled it very, very slowly, finally got it to 3k and we left it at that.

Brought it back to my house, and although the tank shouldn't unscrew under pressure, I had the tank aimed at the engine block of my truck and dry fired the tank empty.

No problems, it works great and although I didn't put any paint though it - I didn't see any problems, the sound was consistent and keeping up 20bps on ramping.

So, all in all it seems like a great regulator.

However it does have a downside - it doesn't screw into an ASA, it has its own macroline attachment, so it's a direct connection - it comes with a dovetail mount and an mini drop-forward mount. But it's gonna be a pain to run it remote, if it's possible at all...

But fro me, it gets 8.5/10.

This post has been edited by SHRIMPED!: 27 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I'll admit it, I bought someone from Smart Parts (actually, two things) -

Try to convince him sueing is not always the best answer :rolleyes:
I had to.

#3 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Ha, ha. Fixed.

#4 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

glad you like it, its really a great product, for me it was a no brainier, after dealing with mailing my tanks down to Florida then waiting a month for it to get mailed back, now i can just put my air tank in my luggage when i go on a trip

also you mentioned the unscrewing when its pressurized, if you do unscrew it while its pressurized it has a small hold just below the oring so it will vent the air to prevent the tank from flying off the reg

on a side note, whats the other thing you got?

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#5 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

How does the "hold" work? Honestly, it seems interesting in the least to have a somewhat easy to detach regulator. I would go for it if I traveled by air a lot.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users