• You cannot reply to this topic

Freak Barrel Kit Smart Parts 14" Barrel Kit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Marshall The Guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marshall The Guy

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

I just bought a 14" Freak Barrel Kit for 100$ at Dunhams. I am very pleased with this kit. It comes with a Hard, Very nice case which includes a barrel back, tip, and three bore inserts. The inserts are .689 , .691 , and ,693. It is black gloss and has nice spiral porting on the tip. The inside of the barrel is a mirror finish, and it is relatively quiet. It is and extremely accurate barrel. All of the threads are strongand fit snug. ""#@ WARNING :: if you purchase this kit, do not thread the freak tip in to the back too far, only push it in far enough so that you cant see the o-ring, and then a little farther. Do not try to thread it in to far, it will scratch the tip. @#""

Strengths : Accurate, Light, Quiet, Looks Good. Overall Quality, Inexpensive

Weaknesses : Inserts are hard to get out "i still don't know how to do it

A great Buy
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
^^ Haha i earned that. suweet. --- "Superior firepower by accuracy, not speed" --- "My ancestors were people, not monkeys"
Remember, we are playing paintball here. I suggest you use equipment designed for paintball, all that military stuff isnt necessary. If you agree, put this in ur sig ----- MY FEEDBACK > http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=110326 -----

#2 User is offline   KGB 

• Chicken go cluck cluck cow go moo...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

Yea i jsut bought mine. To get the insert out stick your finger in the barrel and just pull or push. Work for me.

#3 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

my inserts are easy to get out in both of my kits.
Coming soon.

#4 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

I had one kit at the store where the inset would not come out for the life of me. I believe the person had gotten something wedged in between the insert and back. Its possible, but you should just push it right through like all the other freak kits.

I'm glad you like it, remember you can always just buy a new back if you change markers. I hope it gives you years of great service.

#5 User is offline   Marshall The Guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marshall The Guy

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:27 PM

thanks i didnt really want to like mess it up... or somethin. thanks.
i was worried it would make the mirror finish all nutty, and ya delta i hope it gives me my moneys worth

M - T - G

This post has been edited by Marshall The Guy: 17 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
^^ Haha i earned that. suweet. --- "Superior firepower by accuracy, not speed" --- "My ancestors were people, not monkeys"
Remember, we are playing paintball here. I suggest you use equipment designed for paintball, all that military stuff isnt necessary. If you agree, put this in ur sig ----- MY FEEDBACK > http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=110326 -----

#6 User is offline   UV Halo 

• Blacklight Baller
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:UV Halo

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

I have an older (C98) and a new (Ion) Freak back and all I do to make it easy to get my inserts out is smear some lube (KC Trouble free if you're wondering) on the o-rings in the back. It will last between several days worth of play.

For the newer backs, you guys are actually removing and inserting the inserts from the fore end of the back, or the breach end? I mean, if you're using the breach end, you should just push it all the way forward till it meets the barrel front right?

#7 User is offline   Paint in the Face 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WID0WM4KER

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:26 PM

I got a A-5 freak back and the Stainless steel boremaster kit with the new hammerhead freak protip.

I hate it.

The balls always break in the barrel and the thing is so inaccurate i couldnt hit a guy 30 ft in front of me. Maybe its just that the back or inserts were milled wrong, because i dont think its the hammerhead front.

Any suggestions?
I need DM 03 UPs!! PM me what you have!

My Feedback:
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=130929

#8 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

where was the paint breaking?
Coming soon.

#9 User is offline   Compulsion 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Compulsion

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

View PostPaint in the Face, on Sep 26 2006, 12:26 PM, said:

I got a A-5 freak back and the Stainless steel boremaster kit with the new hammerhead freak protip.

I hate it.

The balls always break in the barrel and the thing is so inaccurate i couldnt hit a guy 30 ft in front of me. Maybe its just that the back or inserts were milled wrong, because i dont think its the hammerhead front.

Any suggestions?

Why don't you think it's the hammerhead? Most of the reviews I've seen of it are negative.

Make sure you're getting a good paint-to-barrel match. Take 5 or so paintballs and try to put them through the inserts. You want to find that one that requires a gentle puff of air for the ball to go through.

I have a freak kit, and don't have any problems with breaking paint in the barrel.

--Compulsion

#10 User is offline   Paint in the Face 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WID0WM4KER

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:29 AM

I did try to match up the paint as best i could, I was shooting at like 260-280 ish all the time. I dont think it the hammerhead because its just the front of the barrel, not much different than like a standard Freak front except the rifling.

I couldnt really tell where the paint was breaking, I'd like to assume that it was breaking in the back because of miss drilled inserts or something.
I need DM 03 UPs!! PM me what you have!

My Feedback:
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=130929

#11 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:25 AM

Well, you should be able to look at the barrel and see if it doesn't line up right. Make sure the insert is flush with the back end of the barrel, so when you screw it in, the ball won't catch on anything.

I love my freak... I have the whole set. Although, I'm considering upgrading to the DeadlyWind Whisper barrel -- carbon fiber one-piece, and it accepts Freak backs. Sounds pretty good.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#12 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

I have the freak jr kit for my A-5. Yesterday was the first time i got to play with it in a game. We played rec games down in a canyon. Anyways it shot real nice with the right insert in. I started with the 689 even though i knew i needed the 687 that i bought seperate. I put the 687 in after a couple games and my accuracy increased a little. Only thing i dont like about the jr. kit is you cant choose a different front initially your stuck with a 14" and i found that these barrel tips are not made of a strong aluminum if you will. I barely bumped my barrel into a rock and it scratched pretty easily, but no big deal, just watch out for rocks. Only barrel kit i may change for is the hammerhead kit.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#13 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• Nut of Real steal weapons and armies.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:darkwolf0982

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

hey anyone wnat to measure the diameter of the freak kit and pm me and tell me plz
Metallica- one of the best bands ever. Hell yea.
Im very sneaky. I could be behind you right now and you turn around. Im not there. Why? Because i zapped infront of you,and you dont know it. Then you turn back and im right behind you again. I keep zapping so much you think your crazy. Then i tell you, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance to get the sneakyness i bought. Then were playing paintball and I WAS in front of you shooting you till i zapped in back of you to shoot you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users