CSPPL in Alberta? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Spacemonkey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

Here is some video from the game.

http://videos.darksidevideo.org/video/bfd7...b29001b19a5.htm

click the link below the video for part 2.

The filming and editing was done by a member of my team Project Mayhem. (www.projectmayhempaintball.com)

Enjoy!

:(

This post has been edited by Spacemonkey: 03 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

#17 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

great work guys! video is done in great quality...

lets get you guys a qualifier now so i have an excuse to come out that way next season.

#18 User is offline   RARE_1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Sorry I haven't posted, I've been in pure lurk mode since the weekend, playing and organizing burnt me out!

T.roy does all of our video with a high-def camera and the results are amazing. I would look at the other videos posted by him, some are even better!

The owner of Skyline very much would like to have a qualifier in 2009 and we have committed to help him make that happen. We are going to be talking to Greg and look at the financials and logistics of it to see how we could make it work. I personally committed to Reid (the Skyline owner) that I will help him build his dream, a paintball destination. Honestly, I would suggest you attend any of the Skyline events, it is some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. Of course, if you don't like hills, it's not for you.

All that said, the weekend was a huge success. We had some last minute cancellations which forced us to combine 2 teams giving us only 4 teams but it still worked out very well. The players loved the format and for many it was their first time playing it. What I kept hearing over and over was how fair it was. Of course, we were a little more relaxed on the rules since most of our refs were new to the game but there was some amazing game play.

We need to have some further discussions but I think I would like to see one hometown in the Edmonton area and one in the Calgary area and then a provincial qualifier at Skyline. This should give us a chance to build some interest in the format and generate enough teams to make the qualifier viable. I was thinking that our team could provide the reffing for the event in Edmonton and an Edmonton team could do the same for our hometown. If you have a team that would be interested, let me know.

This is all very early and none of the numbers have been run but we like to have lofty goals to try to achieve. If anyone has any comments or suggestions please feel free to share them.

I do have some questions if anyone can answer them for me:

- How many refs do you have on the field for a game?
- Is there a picture of a CSPPL flag station?
- How much paint is normally consumed by a CSPPL team in a game? (I never saw the final paint numbers but I think we only sold about 35 cases with a total of 6 games played)

Thanks again!

Barry

#19 User is offline   A5Guardian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A5Guardian

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

View PostRARE_1, on Oct 3 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

I do have some questions if anyone can answer them for me:

- How many refs do you have on the field for a game?
- Is there a picture of a CSPPL flag station?
- How much paint is normally consumed by a CSPPL team in a game? (I never saw the final paint numbers but I think we only sold about 35 cases with a total of 6 games played)

Thanks again!

Barry

Congratulations on running a successful event. There's no turning back now ;) Maverick (Secure) and I along with Greg make up the Canadian element of the SPPL / CSPPL rules committee. We're also heavily involved in the training and certification program for refs. Please feel free to post up with any questions. We're here to help.

The number of refs on the field varries with the level of competition. We've run games with as few as 6 or as many as 14 or 15. It all depends on how intense the play is. I don't have a pic of a flag station but someone will have one for you. They're really nothing more than a 6 foot tall post with 2 flags on a pulley system. At a qualifier, my team runs about 10 cases per per game. Some shoot more and some shoot less, but we budget for 20000 per game. Rookie teams are limited to 15000 per game.
Mike (Guardian)
Force Ten captain

Mav, we could go out and do the training, and you've already got the hat.

This post has been edited by A5Guardian: 03 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

#20 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

CSPPL Flag station is pictured below. notice the pink on the key bunkers on the right side :P we painted that swing base that weekend.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by JayRecball: 03 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

#21 User is offline   RARE_1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

Wow, wide open field. No wonder you go through so much paint!

Is that two different bases I see? If anyone has a close-up of just one base that would be really cool. We would like to start shopping the idea around to some fields here and having all the details would be really helpful.

Thanks!

#22 User is offline   A5Guardian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

View PostRARE_1, on Oct 4 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

Wow, wide open field. No wonder you go through so much paint!

Is that two different bases I see? If anyone has a close-up of just one base that would be really cool. We would like to start shopping the idea around to some fields here and having all the details would be really helpful.

Thanks!

You're looking at the swing base from the 2008 Ontario qualifier dead center in the pic. The blue flag on the right wasn't part of the game. With all the bunkers and clear shooting lanes, "swing" was always a hot zone.

This post has been edited by A5Guardian: 04 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

#23 User is offline   secure 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CSPPL Maverick

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

It looks a lot more open than it really is. Don't forget, Jay took those pics in the spring, before we got all the leaves on the trees and the ground cover grew up. I wish we could have taken a pic from the Canadians to show you the difference, but with the monsoon going on, I doubt anyone got a decent shot..lol
Congrats on the successful event!! Can't wait to work towards more CSPPL events for the future, both here (Ontario/East) and out West. Having lived in Calgary and Banff, I know how good the terrain can be out there!
As Mike (Guardian) said, any questions or help we can offer, just ask Mike, Greg (AdrenalineGuy) or myself!

Here's to hoping we see some Western teams at the Canadian Finals next year!! :happy:

Matt 'Maverick' Watts
CSPPL
I've been playing for longer than you've been alive.. and I still haven't been comitted!!
Adrenaline A-Team: more than a paintball team, it's FAMILY:)
I have a Vice.... and I named her Miami....;)
Then I named my SP-1 'Sean'... get it?

#24 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

yeah maybe cause its panoramic it' gives it that effect. Otherwise, that field is a paradise of bunkers.

unfortunatly i got zero pics of the swing for the finals, cause along with my marker and my watch, my camera also died in the rain :tup:

#25 User is offline   RARE_1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

View PostJayRecball, on Oct 4 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

yeah maybe cause its panoramic it' gives it that effect. Otherwise, that field is a paradise of bunkers.

unfortunatly i got zero pics of the swing for the finals, cause along with my marker and my watch, my camera also died in the rain :huh:

lol, I hear ya. At Skyline Nation this year we got a little lost, hiked for an hour through a downpour (not usual Alberta rain, reminded me more of Vancouver) through waist high grass. My SP8 kept working and my Fanz kept my goggles clear but some weren't so lucky. Fortunatly the rain passed and markers started to work again just as we located the OpFor. The good news was that we were so lost we inserted behind the enemy line and we were able to eliminate 5 of their players before our squad was taken out.

We are going to work really hard on getting at least a qualifier going for Alberta this year. Reid wants it to happen so we will make it happen, assuming that the financials work out. Our event was pretty successful I think and everyone was thrilled with the format. There is at least one team out here that doesn't want to play the format because they have gone completely MilSim and play with only tac-caps but I think there are lots of other teams out there that we have yet to tap. If we spread our reach beyond Calgary and look around Southern Alberta we should be able to get even more teams together. We will see what we can do.

Could one of you write a detailed description of a flag for me then?

#26 User is offline   A5Guardian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

View PostRARE_1, on Oct 5 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

Could one of you write a detailed description of a flag for me then?

Please forgive the little ghetto drawing, it's the best I could do on short notice. 6 foot long piece of 2" PVC. An eye bolt at the top and another about half way down. A loop of rope running between them and a flag at each end. Make a stand so it's portable. You can also just hammer it into the ground although you'll need to make it a little longer becuase you still need about 6 feet above the ground. All 3 flag stations are the same.

hope this helps

Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by A5Guardian: 05 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users