Special Ops Paintball: PMC's :Mercenary players - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PMC's :Mercenary players Freelance players for any side Rate Topic: -----

Poll: PMC's :Mercenary players (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this qualify as a position or team

1. Good Idea (14 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. Bad Idea (15 votes [32.61%])

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

3. Already Been Done (14 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

4. Unsure (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

if in a big scenario game, I could see it as a intresting possibility, like in games that have been held at Hell survivors the commander could call in a "airstrike" using points that they earned throughout the game. Mercenarys could function like the 'air strike' idea, with teams that play together being bought for a certin amount of points and act like any other players for the team, except that after their medic card has been punched however many times, (assuming medics will be included) they return to the mercenary command bunker, with the merc. team also trying to win the scenario, getting points by 'selling' players or teams, and also completing missions.

#17 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

see my sig. to me merc is a lifestyle not a positon. i am a hammer merc basically. i dont have to worry about politcs, teams, etc. shoot who i want and if the offer is good enough, i wont shoot you. lol.

historically the world was built by mercs employed by militaries. the only reason using mercs nowadays isnt totally sound is because mercs are seen as a political liability on govermnets or factions that hire them.

as far as scenarios go, merc teams are effective because theyre unpredictable and they keep the other sides on edge.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#18 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

• You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

I heard of one field (i forgot which one and what senario it was, posibly D-Day but correct me if im wrong) that had a tower which contained three turrets which were double A-5 cranks and also contained about 10000 rounds of paint for the people maning them who couldn't be emliminate and whichever team was able to succesfully get below the tower and raise either the red team flag or blue team flag the tower would work for. its kinda the same concept

#19 User is offline   rcp_90 

• RECON!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rcp_90

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

they already have this at a lot of scenarios... they're called the 3rd entity.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

#20 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

View PostJackRock, on Jan 2 2009, 12:20 AM, said:

It's a philosophy, which helps some (misguided, imo) people decide on which side to fight.

Killing is killing. In a global age it's no longer about who's right or who's wrong. It's all about where your next paycheck coming.

Wayne Dollack did something like this I believe. At Madd Maxx scenario game there were "players" who has some important "neutral" roles that could be persuaded and influenced... basically bought... By the highest bidder. If you have a scenario game where instead of points you get money and those with the most money at the end of the game wins, mercenaries could play an interesting role.

#21 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

We've used mercs at each of the two World at War scenarios at our local field. Basically the idea was to collect ammo boxes on the field that contained random dollar amounts, then use those dollars to hire the mercs to accomplish specific tasks: clear a building, capture a flag, defend the hq... whatever was deemed necessary. It's a great addition to the scenario game... but by no means a position.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#22 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Thinking of the mercenaries as more as a "team" that is put together from a group of players at the field, and that makes up the "mercenary position" is a better way to think of it.

Not, "I Play a Mercenary". I play at the same field as Ger, and they are EXTREMELY effective in scenario games. You just have to think of it as a separate team and not a "position".
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#23 User is offline   Grimm0529 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KevinBrown0529

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

I dont see no real problem with it. When my whole team is reffing, or doing something else i do it but its in good clean fun.
But mainly it all about testing your skill right? You are a merc for a reason so dont suck lol.

And yes I beleive that the third party in any paintball game is well a MERC team.This is a good topic also i think it will go on for a while i hope

This post has been edited by Grimm0529: 19 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

grimm@totalinsanitypb.com
www.myspace.com/grimm0529

#24 User is offline   pewpewkyle 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:pewpew kyle

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

its a great idea, adds a new twist to the game.

#25 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

necro post.. arrgg!!

anywhoo, mercs are alright unless they start throwing a game. meaning yea, it's cool for them to nudge the edge for either side, but if it gets insanely one sided whenever they're helping someone, then it needs to be adjusted. better than a merc team is a couple of special character role players for the game. like take star wars for example. instead of having a whole team as a merc force identified as the huts, it would be better to have a player or two designated as the bounty hunters.

thios way the merc team is less of a battering ram and more of a nuisance.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#26 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

We've run Mercs at 24 Hour Games games before. In theory it's great.
In reality, people don't read the rules. They have no idea why that guy who was just on their side 30 minutes ago is now barrel tagging everybody.
That makes people mad, and they end up Q.Q'ing about the game and it's bullplop rules. ;)

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users