• You cannot reply to this topic

Invert mini? or PMR 10? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MeltyGoblin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MeltyGoblin

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

I've been playing for about 5 years, but I just got serious recently, and I need to upgrade from my old spyder. I mostly play airball, but I'll play woods occasionally. So I'm just wondering what you guys reccomend.

#2 User is offline   sameagol26 

• sameagol26
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Well I have owned the Mini and I have to say, it is a great marker! Light, tight, very competitive with other expensive markers. It is adjustable from 1 bps to 20bps so if you liek it somewhere in the middle, its nice. It does have a little kick to it. Actually, it has very noticeable kick but the TechT Delrin bolt helps a little. Get a brand new barrel on there and you are golden. I also recommend on on/off asa which can be found at empirepaintball.com... It is really really hard to unscrew the tank at some points. Anyways, i recommend the Mini due to my pleasant exprience with it. Never actually used a PM10.
SAMEAGOL26 LOVES BT PAINTBALL GUNS!!! (TM15 <3)

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

The Empire Axe is the recent upgrade over the Mini - there are a handful of improvements that make it worth looking at instead of the Mini. I'm not saying you should get it just because it's new, just something to consider. I know a lot of guys who run the Mini & for the most part they've had great luck w/ it. I've only heard of two complaints, one guy had multiple problems w/ his board & subsequent replacements sent to him from the manufacturer so he unloaded his. The other complained about lack of upgrades/customization - there's not a whole lot you can do to make the Mini a better shooter, which to me is actually a good thing as upgrades don't always work they way they should.

I only know a couple players w/ PM markers - one w/ a PMR 07 & my cousin has a PM6. They both will operate basically the same as a PMR 10 - 10 having more bells-n-whistles since it's newer. Both of their markers seem great to me, my cousind PM6 rocks w/ the exception of the eyes going bad & him having a hard time finding new ones for a reasonable price (because the marker is 4-5 years old). There shouldn't be any issue finding parts for a 10.

The brand new price of the Axe & PMR 10 is almost identical right now at around $450. The Mini is around $300 brand new. You'd just have to weigh the features. If you don't mind buying used, then that can really lower the prices. Even though it will be hard to find an Axe or PMR 10 used as they are newer releases, you can regularly find Mini's hovering around $200, just make sure they are not version 1, but rather v2 or v3.

This post has been edited by ger: 05 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users