Special Ops Paintball: Better securing straps for the SO forearm guard - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Better securing straps for the SO forearm guard

#1 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hey SO team,

I just got my So forearm guard in the mail, and I immediately tried to use it. It fit kind of lose on my arm empty, but then I added 6 10rd tubes (empty), and 6 12 grams to the harness, and the guard was sagging a ways from my arm. I think it needs some type of non bungie/ adjustable strap to ensure a good fit. I am going to have to tape mine to m arm or something to make it usable.

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Agreed - my friend got his in the mail recently and he is going to have to sew it by overlapping the strap on itself to make it fit.

It should have a small fabric loop for each strap so you can put it through and then back over - like the internal velcro belt on the vests you guys do :)

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 22 September 2010 - 12:23 AM, said:

It should have a small fabric loop for each strap so you can put it through and then back over - like the internal velcro belt on the vests you guys do :)

Agreed. Some kind of adjustment for them. They fit me fine cause i have beefy arms, everyone else i know it slides around a little
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Geez...skinny people suck...we don't wanna help them out :D

I'M JOKING!!!

I'm working on a re-design but there's lots of things on my plate at the moment so I'm not certain when it will be done.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

View PostMOATI, on 22 September 2010 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'M JOKING!!!

I'm working on a re-design but there's lots of things on my plate at the moment so I'm not certain when it will be done.

Hey MO I had another thought I asked you how much it would be to make the Dagger X totally MOLLE for my friend (who bailed out, I know!) and it wasn't too much more...

And yet The Blackcell Custom Agent Vest costs way more!

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 22 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 22 September 2010 - 10:52 AM, said:

View PostMOATI, on 22 September 2010 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'M JOKING!!!

Hey MO I had another thought I asked you how much it would be to make the Dagger X totally MOLLE for my friend (who bailed out, I know!) and it wasn't too much more...

And yet The Blackcell Custom Agent Vest costs way much more!

That's because the Agent price was just raised. We need to raise the prices on custom gear because I was taking too much of a hit doing "one-offs". Custom items will still be reasonably priced but they will be higher. Past quotes are good for 60 days from when they were given and will be honored at the given price for those 60 days.

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

That's too bad :( anyways, keep up the good work!
I have yet to complain about any of my custom pieces ;)

#8 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Let me know when you have the new design, I'll happily buy one. For now I have to find a way to make mine hold on to my arm..
And MO I am not exactly skinny. I am 6'0" and 230lbs. I am a laborer on a block crew so my forearms get a decent workout everyday. On the other hand I'm not a body builder. MO I have a few ideas in my head that might work nicely. Although the best one in my opinion would drive the price of the gauntlet up. If your interested (when my girlfriend isn't here) I'll throw em up here, then if you end up using one, maybe I could get one to try. ;)

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

One thing to help hold them, is just wrap some athletic tape around it at the wrist (like, put it on, apply tape, put in tubes or whatever).
I have a pair of the pistol magazine forearm guards (which I have yet to use in a real day of play...). They slid and moved like Michael J. Fox in a moonbounce (Tib8 mags are heavy).
I taped them up, and they hold pretty fine. Just be careful about cutting off circulation to your hands.

I think that even with a cinch style strap, the forearm guards (at least the mag ones) will move, just due to the weight.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#10 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

Yeah I think a plain cinch would still wobble a little too. I think if they left a 2 inch loop (double sided) of the current elastic hanging in the current strap positions, than sew a cinch style strap to the elastic loops. That way you could just get it tight enough to hold, but the elastic would allow bending and a secure fit.

#11 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:52 AM

How hard would it be to make two sizes? People can measure their wrist and forearm diameters before ordering.

#12 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

or just a velcro wrap around strap?
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#13 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Good idea Thumper. I feel it would have to have some elasticity to fit right for the amount of movement required for a harness in that location. (look at the stock Tiberius leg drop holster it's elastic and clips on the leg portion, so it's tight when your muscles are expanded, and tight when they are contracted.

Another one is neoprene straps with Velcro pads spaced every few inches for different sizes. I know I keep pushing ideas with more material in them, but I got this idea from my I pod workout case. I have worn that to work, and I have worn it swinging a sledge all day, shoveling, ect. It is snug all the time. Plus neoprene works well at wicking sweat away from the skin. Something like the design of the cases in the link below. Just an elongated grommet on one side, and the neoprene/ Velcro sewed to the other side, loop the strap through the grommet, and lay it down. It's fast adjustable, and flexible.

http://www.goincase....and-pro-cl56240

#14 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

^^ I have an older version of that and the strap is a little different. I could take pics of mine if MO considers the idea.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users