• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Check it unimount review.

#1 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

A check it unimount is an on/off asa and several different companys make variations to it.
Im sectioning off each section for different aspects.
Appearance-The unimount is dead on nice looking, the cage that holds it and the body it self are stunning and very well made, i picked mine up for 20 dollars so it seems like a steel. It has a nurckled know in the front so you cann realease air.
Instilation-the unimount comes with the 2 screws you need to put it in the bottom of your gun and it has 4 screws attached to the sides so the unimount stays in place. As soon as you set it in place you have to screw in your elbow to it(remember teflon tape) and your ready. It can be done eather left side or right side and doesnt need a sealent on the other side.
Disasembly-Disasembly isnt as easy as puttting it together because in order to tighten the screws that go into the gun when they get loose or just to change it you must take off the teflon tape and then procease to take out the scews and slide out the body. You may need some more teflon tape.

My day with it-I scewed in the nob all the way and attached my tank(so it would be fast). The unimount is very small compared to the redz on off and is easy to put the tank in***(i say this since my redz on/off was kindof funky and even if you alighned the threads up perfectly it would some times dislodge).

Now here comes the bad part.
It was the end of the day and i decided it was going to degass the gun with the on off(thats what its for), it didnt budge. I got very nervous and i applied more force and finaly it started to move. IT took alot of effort on my part to twist it out(unlike redz asa i compare it to). Twisting it in was a little harder and in the cold weather the nurckles sting if you apply to much presure. I assume the reason for this is the fact it has more threads then the other asa's i have tried.

It is a very nnice on/off with its only weakness in my opininion being the twisting off of the knob
4/5.
gwac

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users