• You cannot reply to this topic

Lube the Regulator ?!?!

#1 User is offline   Pilot_Mon 

• member and co-founder of THE UNIT PB team
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Pilot_Mon

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hey guys i know you have to lube the bolt after about 1500 paintballs but do u have to lube the stock Regulator that much to ?!?!?
Put this in your sig if you're a Christian paintballer

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

at about the same time as the bolt
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   Pilot_Mon 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

Oh that sux cuzz dont u have to readjust the regulator if you are using HPA if so could someone show me a site or show me some pictures on how to do it?

#4 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

View PostPilot_Mon, on Jan 22 2007, 04:19 PM, said:

Oh that sux cuzz dont u have to readjust the regulator if you are using HPA
not because of using HPA. You should be chronoing your marker every time you play anyway so when you are done for the day and get home, tear down the marker and perform the maint. Next trip to the field, it's already greased and ready to go...just rechrono and play.
if so could someone show me a site or show me some pictures on how to do it?

Disassembly is detailed in your manual and really, it's the best description that anyone can understand. Use an 6 point socket, not a 12 point.
When you get it apart, wipe off all the old and dirty grease on the Orings, spring pack and piston seat, as well as inside the reg body. Use the same dow33 you use on the bolt on the Orings, springpack and reg seat. Reassemble and rechrono your next trip out.

This post has been edited by druid: 23 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#5 User is offline   House of Daggers 

• Arrogance has to be earned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:killasnipr

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

View Postdruid, on Jan 22 2007, 02:27 PM, said:

Disassembly is detailed in your manual and really, it's the best description that anyone can understand. Use an 8 point socket, not a 12 point.
When you get it apart, wipe off all the old and dirty grease on the Orings, spring pack and piston seat, as well as inside the reg body. Use the same dow33 you use on the bolt on the Orings, springpack and reg seat. Reassemble and rechrono your next trip out.

I believe you mean 6 point socket

#6 User is offline   Pilot_Mon 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

Is this true if u get an ugraded reg u neva have to clean em ?!?!?

#7 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

View Postdagger06, on Jan 23 2007, 09:17 PM, said:

View Postdruid, on Jan 22 2007, 02:27 PM, said:

Disassembly is detailed in your manual and really, it's the best description that anyone can understand. Use an 8 point socket, not a 12 point.

I believe you mean 6 point socket

BAH!!!...yep....I fixed it. Thanks.

View PostPilot_Mon, on Jan 23 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

Is this true if u get an ugraded reg u neva have to clean em ?!?!?

only if you never shoot it :ninja:

what makes you think that you'd never have to clean any reg ever? That's just silly. Of course you have to clean every reg...whomever told you otherwise needs an immediate infusion of fresh DNA...
I got my OWN smiley...

#8 User is offline   Pilot_Mon 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:07 AM

Ok well i just saw it in another thread on here nvm .

#9 User is offline   jogernot 

• I pwn the "good people"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jogernot

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

Yea you dont have to clean your reg ever if you dont mind supper awful velocity spikes which might cause you to blow something. So if you dont want that to happen make sure you lube regularly.

Put This In Your Sig If Your Parents Dont Pay For Your Stuff
PAINTBALL is OXYGEN

#10 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I used to not take care of my regs at all, and I had +-10 spikes. Now that I lube them, Im getting MUCH better consistancy.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#11 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

View PostAlan, on Jan 24 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

Yeah, I used to not take care of my regs at all, and I had +-10 spikes. Now that I lube them, Im getting MUCH better consistancy.

Raising your dwell will reduce your fps spikes even more...
I got my OWN smiley...

#12 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, its fine. The problem was a reg that hadnt been lubed for 6 months.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users