Special Ops Paintball: Swat Shields - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Swat Shields

Poll: Swat shields (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want one?

1. Yes (56 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (34 votes [24.29%])

Percentage of vote: 24.29%

3. I would Build my own (50 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

How much would you pay for one?

1. $40 (43 votes [30.71%])

Percentage of vote: 30.71%

2. $60 (24 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

3. $80 (7 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. $100 and up (3 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

5. I wouldn't buy one (63 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

Do you think it would be fair?

1. Yes (28 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No (28 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. In some Cases (explain) (34 votes [24.29%])

Percentage of vote: 24.29%

4. Only in scenario games (50 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

What should it be made of?

1. Hard Plastic (107 votes [76.43%])

Percentage of vote: 76.43%

2. Metal Alloy (14 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. other (explain) (19 votes [13.57%])

Percentage of vote: 13.57%

How much would it weigh?

1. Realistic (29 votes [20.71%])

Percentage of vote: 20.71%

2. Half Weight (31 votes [22.14%])

Percentage of vote: 22.14%

3. As light as possible (80 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote

#46 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

At the recent MW2 scenario held at PnL paintball, they had riot shields handed out. The player that took the shield could only use A: Pistol B: Pump C: Grenades. They weren't allowed anything else. The only issue I see with this is....3 players including myself shot a shield at relatively close range 15 ft or so, and due to the rate of fire the 3 of us were shooting it ended up breaking the plexi glass shield in half. The ref immediately saw this as a safety issue (good thing) and took the shield away from the player and called him "out" Thats where my issue lies with the idea of a shield...SAFETY. Yeah you can beat them, yeah you can be unstoppable if you use one but if it cause you or another player to get injured, then I'm not in favor of it at all. As long as ref's are standing by you the entire time you use it to make sure nobody gets hurt then I see no problem with it, but a ref can only do so much.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#47 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Jul 3 2010, 07:40 PM, said:

At the recent MW2 scenario held at PnL paintball, they had riot shields handed out. The player that took the shield could only use A: Pistol B: Pump C: Grenades. They weren't allowed anything else. The only issue I see with this is....3 players including myself shot a shield at relatively close range 15 ft or so, and due to the rate of fire the 3 of us were shooting it ended up breaking the plexi glass shield in half. The ref immediately saw this as a safety issue (good thing) and took the shield away from the player and called him "out" Thats where my issue lies with the idea of a shield...SAFETY. Yeah you can beat them, yeah you can be unstoppable if you use one but if it cause you or another player to get injured, then I'm not in favor of it at all. As long as ref's are standing by you the entire time you use it to make sure nobody gets hurt then I see no problem with it, but a ref can only do so much.

Probably cheap plastic... you need military-grade plastic used in combat goggles. Really I dont see it costing more than $100... maybe just $60. Real riot-shields are supposed to maintain thei form against rocks, blunt objects and MAYBE 9mm bullets... they arrent bullet proof. Combat shields, like the one used on Time Crisis are the real thing, the ones with a small-plexi-glass window and titanium bla-blah shield. If it were a real riot shield, it wouldve absorbed the paint, note broken like a fake replica...

Also plexi glass is bulletproof, u do know that right?
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#48 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CyClone

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

I think that allowing riot shields on the field would be an interesting twist. In terms of game balance though there would have to be certain limitations on their number, their use, and possibly who can use them. As an example I'll use one of my local fields for argument's sake.

*The number of shields would have to be limited. The last thing anyone wants is 100 riots shields lined up against each other in a Vietnam Scenario game.
-This means that like the number of medics, the field owners/scenario organizers would have the final say on the number of shields.

*A special exception would have to be made to allow shots that break on the shield to not count as hits. Unless we want people running around with giant pillows attached to their arms, one paintball eliminating a shielded-player defeats the whole idea.

*The use of the shields would have to be carefully watched. With this, I largely mean where the shields are being used. Possibly limiting RED taped shields to a certain area of the field and BLUE to another would keep them evenly distributed. This helps prevent a "lost shield" scenario where people tried forming a line of shields to cross 1 point in the swamp got hit and left a pile of shields never to be found till the next day.

*As with earlier posts, the limitations on the wielder as well as attackers are important. I believe that the shield bearer should not be able to shoot back using any marker save a pistol. Sling your gun on your back or hand it to a friend, but a player running and gunning (regardless of accuracy) is not going to be fun multiplied by the number of shields available.
-For attackers, a hit to the body of the bearer, a LAW round or grenade hit (to the player) should count as an elimination. My Only question is at my local field you cannot fire the rockets at people.

Overall the idea is limitless. Imagine a well organized team with shield bearers, clearing rooms, halls, etc. Hell, while we're at it why not form a Roman tortoise formation and really scare the hell out of people.

#49 User is offline   Jonboyi 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NICON

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

The only people that I would alow to carry a shield would be those with pistols, grenades, no gun at all...etc. Deffinately not those with guns that weigh less than their arm, have feather/hairline trigger pull, and shoot a hopper a paint per second. Frankly those guns belong on the speed ball field, learn to aim. If you're using a pump I'd let cut a hole to stick the barrel through so you can pump and fire, lets face it, if you're ballzy enough to go pump now a days I'll tip my hat.

#50 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

I think it would only work during scenarios or other objective type games. There are some vids on YouTube that you see guys with Tac shields running with pistols or nothing. The shields look light weight. I know most fields allow shields but count them as part of your body so I see no reason to have one.
If you see my shadow it's already too late.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users