• You cannot reply to this topic

Which pistol should I get? Help Please! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   War Master 

• I am the Rooster.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:War Master

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

I am going to get a paintball pistol soon (if I don't buy it, then my birthday's coming up :ghillie:), and was wondering which one would be good to get. I am leaning toward the Tiberius 8, but I don't like the fact that the C02 and paint eject at the same time. I'd rather the C02 be in a different compartment so I can reload without having to change gas cartridges too.

So, what I'm looking for:
- Grip loading mag like Tag-8 is a HUGE plus. I'd say it is near necessary, but if the pistol is good enough, I can live without it. I think.
- A mag like above that doesn't hold the C02 with the paint (like some of the Rap pistols) is an even bigger plus.
- .68 Caliber is absolutely necessary. (Field paint)
- Quality is necessary, as are good looks. I hate the way the top loading mags look, but the new Overlord (the RX or something) is looking better. Of course I prefer quality to looks, but they help a lot too. I'm going to be using this pistol often for both a primary weapon and a back up.
- Low price is good.
- A holster is a must. Which ones are good, and which can carry extra mags?
- How many extra mags do I need?
- Basically, I want a very reliable, accurate, good looking pistol.

So, based on those standards, what do you think I should get? Which pistols are good? Also, if I do get the Tag 8, should I get a T9 rifle kit with it?

Thanks for the help guys! And remember, you will all probably play an important role in which paintball I end up buying, using, and (hopefully) end up loving. This is important! :D

Again, I appreciate the help and time you guys gave me.

This post has been edited by War Master: 28 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

D-Day 2008 German Army 352nd Panzerjager Battalion
Member of the Underground Mod Shop Special Operation Guerrillas

#2 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

The Tib is going to be the best, built in regulator, best overall quality, etc. You get 3 clips worth of ammo per 12gram, and it automatically seals off, so when you reload paint, your 12gram doesn't go to waste, and it's actually pretty cool, because you don't run out of air 3 shots into your freshly reloaded mag... Hope thats not confusingly worded.

Seriously, thats your ebst bet.

After that, they're all pretty standard. All spyder like blowbacks. The best (in my opinion) is the miltec G1. It doesn't have rails, which cost extra, are useless, and snag on hosters. It doesn't have an extended barrel, which costs extra and doesn't increase accuracy. It does have the best and easiest to find pierce pin, made by CCI (phantom makers), which is also the longest lasting. It's 12gram plug is standard ASA threaded, so ASA plugs will work as replacements. It takes spyder cupseals, tippmann springs, and miltec/warsensor mags (ariakon uses their own mags only). It's by far the easies to get parts for because of all that.

#3 User is offline   War Master 

• I am the Rooster.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:War Master

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Oh, yeah, one more thing I forgot to say: the field I go to uses Stinger paint: how does it match up?

Thanks for the help!
D-Day 2008 German Army 352nd Panzerjager Battalion
Member of the Underground Mod Shop Special Operation Guerrillas

#4 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

All pistols (save the sydarm, which has lots of barrel options) are very large bore, just part of what they are.

#5 User is offline   Ghillieray 

• Ghillieray
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:yurmomonabun

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

I used to own a Zeus G2+. I now have a Tib8 which I've been using for more than a year now and it is truly fantastic. I will never use another pistol but this one. Sometimes when im just goofing around playing some recball I will only use my pistol. It shoots far and accurate enough to be a primary! If your in the market for a pistol the Tib8 is a no brainer. If you want a mix the T-9 is nice too. But for just pistol use go for the T8 its sleeker and sexier.

This post has been edited by Ghillieray: 29 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

#6 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

Tiberius is .691. Supposedly its picky on paint, but I've put stinger, blaze, diablo, Heat, dbx, evil, and Anarchy through it (the last not being cheap), and never had an issue.

My 'lord worked fine with stinger, blaze, evil, recsport, and dbx, too. Never put higher grade in it.
"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users