• You cannot reply to this topic

New position. Grenadier What do you think? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Zenglendo 

• [ELITE] Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Zenglendo

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

Well couldn't he do grenades...and Mines?

#32 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

nvm

This post has been edited by Ace-014: 19 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Official SpecOps FC

#33 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

I decided to make a description for Grenadier.

Grenadier description

When a large force is aproaching or when aproaching a heavy defense, it's up to the Grenadier to to make the opposition disperse. When you need the enemy spread out or obliterated, you call on the Grenadier.

The Grenadier is loaded with 8 or more grenades a game and has a gun that works for meduim to close range combat. When it comes to infantry in a regular game to a tank in a scenario, the Grenadier's got you covered.

A grenadier doesn't stay right up on the front lines, rather slightly in front of the Broadsword. Close enough to chuck grenades at the enemy with ease but far enough to not have to roll grenades behing cover.

Basic
Requires atleast one day of playing Grenadier position

Grenadier is an expensive position. A new grenadier carries 6 or more grenades a game. He is learning where and how to throw grenades. He is also learning where he should be positioned for effectivly throw grenades.

A new grenadier should concentrate how to carry a large amount of grenades, throw them, and find effective cover for throwinging grenades.

Senior
Requires atleast six days of playing Grenadier position

The team is beggining to rely on the Grenadier for heavy defense assualts and facing large attack forces. When the enemy faces the Grenadier they immedialtly move back.

The Senior Grenadier has proven that he's serious and has probably spent 100$ on Grenades by now. He's moving up from Walmart Grenades to more effective grenades and may have already invested in an attachable grenade launcher.

The Senior Grenadier is becoming a huge asset to the team.

Master
Requires atleast fifteen days of playing Grenadier position

The Master Grenadier is a force to be reckoned with on the field. He can use one grenade to hammer a force of ten. The Master Grenadier's commander relies on him to hammer the defenses. But the Master Grenadier does't hammer anything, he obliterates it!

Elite
I decided to leave the Elite thing blank. Specops can fill it in.

Oh and this is an idea for the Grenadier symbol.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Ace-014: 19 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

Official SpecOps FC

#34 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Problem with that^^^ being..again... only throwing grenades?... What if you got some body builder on your team that can throw a baseball 100 yards accurately you know its pointless to have one skill. Build more <i'm here for constructive criticism..izm...ism..icm..?>

you're hardcore on getting this through.

did I die for a second there?...

#35 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

View PostTREE FITTY, on Jun 19 2007, 03:38 PM, said:

Problem with that^^^ being..again... only throwing grenades?... What if you got some body builder on your team that can throw a baseball 100 yards accurately you know its pointless to have one skill. Build more <i'm here for constructive criticism..izm...ism..icm..?>

you're hardcore on getting this through.

Thanks, I guess
Official SpecOps FC

#36 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

Why don't we all just agree that some people happen to like playing with a grenade launcher? It makes more sense than arguing about what Special Ops thinks. The truth is that the Grenadier class is a very useful minority in any situation, they are good with grenades, throwing or launching, can carry a wide range of markers which makes them as versital as any other style of play, thus making them good for certain people, and bad for others, just like all the other play styles we see. Paintball is a matter of personal preferance and Special Ops just doesn't "prefer" a Grenadier.

To TREE FITTY.

You often say that certain positions are too exotic, or too specific, you are only looking at things from a text book, traditional type of veiw. We all need to look at the player point of view. Like I said, some people may like to play as a grenadier, and others may not. It's all about that person's personal preferance.

Now why don't we all try and build on a grenadier idea without looking back at Special Ops for a change? Why don't we just break from the text book and impliment our ideas into making this a recignized position? :)
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#37 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

I'm not only looking at textbook, Haon, but at the fact that carrying 6+ grenades with an underbarrel launcher, which means more grenades, and the key fact that its one job, is just kinda rediculous. I don't know how many people I speak for when I say that, and I mean no offense to other grenadiers in paintball. It is all about personal preference, which is one reason why it doesn't matter if the position makes it to the brigade or not. Here's a clue in the right direction.

Don't ask spec ops, ask the forum.

Create a thread or something the grenadiers, and you will learn one of two things.
1) There are many
2) There are few

Moral of the story is, you need proof, solid proof, than more than enough players in the paintball world use this idea of a grenadier. In the paintball world, my opinion is that there just isn't enough yet.

did I die for a second there?...

#38 User is offline   caboose 

• Keeping the Communist paintball war machine alive!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:godswrath_666

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

if they had a nade launcher it would be feasible
~ A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him. ~

My blood flows green, I, am a dew drinker!

#39 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

What I meant TREE FITTY was that you seem to be more like you're looking at a textbook, not that you are.

I agree that not enough people play a grenadier at the time being, but just wait! I don't see how carring a few extra grenades is bad. If you look at my way there are two types of grenadiers: The guys that throw, and the guys that launch. In this way you carry less, but still enough. It really only takes a good vest to carry all your ammo, and besides, doesn't a Hammer carry a whole case on his back the whole game? If you ask that ridikulus! :P

#40 User is offline   e-rok 

• The greatest
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:e-rok

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

I got kicked from the tippmann forum for fighting with flamers so im chillin in this forum i dont wanna get booted here too....But any ways sounds like a cool idea but at $6 a grenade i'd hold those things only for the perfect moment not to throw like candy at everyone. So probably not a good idea even though it sounds cool.
Here you can have my autograph... Now what are you going to do now that your rich?

Sabre # 121... Ya its official
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature

#41 User is offline   Mack 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

View Postdeltasniperman, on Jun 17 2007, 07:50 AM, said:

In them ilitary, aren't grenadiers the guys who shoot the the 203's. Or aret hey the 203 gunner's, oh well that's what a grenadier really is.

Grenadier is the correct term for the M203 equipped fire team member.

The original "official" grenadier position was created by the French in the 1600's. (Although the Chinese supposedly had warriors detailed for similar duties hundreds of years before.) The French grenadiers were musketeers that were selected for size and strength. They were equipped with baseball sized, slow-fused grenades which were generally utilized during seiges. Problems with fuses cut quite a few grenadier careers short.
-95% of people with a flatline think it makes the gun inaccurate; if you are the part of the other 5%, who take the time to sit down and tune it right, put this in your sig.

#42 User is offline   Ghostwolf GRU 

• WIP-SOG: Commander of Operations and Psywarfare
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostwolf GRU

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hey Tree, you say that nobody carries ten grenades, and yet, right here in the back of my Recon Magazine is a picture of MOATI with a bandolier of grenades! In fact, MOATI is famous for going out with nothing but grenades! I'm not trying to be a weenie here, but the point is the Grenadier position is being talked about quite a bit, and the more it gets talked about, the more guys who are into that whole style of play go "Hey! That's me! I wanna be a Grenadier!".

I, myself, am having a custom launcher built for me with interchangeable barrels that will fire either nerf rockets or saboted f-bomb grenades. I am also ordering a military Grenadier's vest from Cheaper Than Dirt, which with a few modifications will carry way more than 10 grenades.

You can try to kill the whole idea of the Grenadier position, but that is about as futile as trying to catch one of my inbound 'nades so you can pitch it back at me.

GW

" This man is THE BOSS, so listen up you maggots!" ~Little Brother
"Badger Brigades uber alles!" ~ Wolche Duka

#43 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:59 AM

View PostGhostwolf GRU, on Jun 22 2007, 10:28 AM, said:

Hey Tree, you say that nobody carries ten grenades, and yet, right here in the back of my Recon Magazine is a picture of MOATI with a bandolier of grenades! In fact, MOATI is famous for going out with nothing but grenades! I'm not trying to be a weenie here, but the point is the Grenadier position is being talked about quite a bit, and the more it gets talked about, the more guys who are into that whole style of play go "Hey! That's me! I wanna be a Grenadier!".

I, myself, am having a custom launcher built for me with interchangeable barrels that will fire either nerf rockets or saboted f-bomb grenades. I am also ordering a military Grenadier's vest from Cheaper Than Dirt, which with a few modifications will carry way more than 10 grenades.

You can try to kill the whole idea of the Grenadier position, but that is about as futile as trying to catch one of my inbound 'nades so you can pitch it back at me.

GW

He's a nice guy... :)

#44 User is offline   Dracule 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dracule

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

I'd rather just have everyone on my squad carrying one or two grenades. That way you don't have to worry about getting yet another person in the right position, whoever's there can get the job done. I myself carry two squadbusters in a 2-pod pack I strapped to my harness. I also carry a PCS USP for grenade runs or gun troubles.

-Drac
Personal Shadow (bodyguard) of Cyberpanther, the Commander of The X-factor out of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

#45 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:35 AM

You know I was thinkin. The Grenade seems to be an exotic weapon but you know the whats more exotic? The Tippman double trouble. The weapon of the Hammers. The Double Trouble is alot more exotic and expensive than grenades. If you consider yourself a hammer then your spending alot on air, paint, and repairs compared to if you were a Grenadier you would spend money on Grenades and of course on your gun, but your gun cost would be below half of what a hammer would spend. So in the end I think the Grenadier would be both less expensive and less exotic than the hammer.

Any other questions?
Official SpecOps FC

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users