• You cannot reply to this topic

Making a Team? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xxunholyconfessionsxx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CFH

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Heya, My old paintball team doesn't play hardly ever anymore. So I was kinda thinking about starting a new one. There is a field in walking distance from my house and we could play there or at any of the other fields around here. What would I need to do to start a team up? How would I advertise it? How can I tell if somebody is worth having on my team? What about Sponsors? Whats the deal for sponsors? I see guys saying their teams are sponsored by Valken, Empire, Alien, etc. Thanks Guys.

This post has been edited by xxunholyconfessionsxx: 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Before you can even consider sponsors you need a team that has proven itself. And putting a team together vs keeping a team together are two very different things.

First, what kind of paintball do you want the team to focus on? Speedball? Woodsball? If woodsball, will the focus be on milsim?

Next you'll need to find a small core group of dedicated players. A players age and finances are going to play a major roll in how much play time they can have. For example, a 14 year old kid with a part time job could be a better core player than a 25 year old guy with a full time job. I would suggest shooting for a group of 6 players. This would give you 2 small squads of 3 for practice as well as to play on opposite teams with bigger groups.

After that, you'll need to show up at pay to play fields regularly. Winning isn't always what's needed but Honour, Integrity and Fun are! Play with a higher level of honour than most. For example, unless a ref is right there and you feel a hit in a spot you can't see, call yourself out. While you can ask a team mate for a paint check if done too often it could be seen as cheating.

The team should always be willing and able to offer help and advice to any player, but more so to the new ones. Always keep an eye on the new guys and ensure they follow the safety rules on and off the field. Make sure the team promotes safety at all times too.

These types of things will help you decide who would make a good team member.

Once you have your core 6 you can then consider expanding the team to a core of 10. After that you can start looking at more casual players to increase the team size.

As for advertising.... Kijiji and Craigslist are free. Talk to the local fields and see if they have a bulletin board or web forum you can put something up. Putting an ad in a local paper is good, but costs a bit of money.

Sponsorships.... we have a thread about that somewhere, I'm on my phone now so I'll post it when I have a chance.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   xxunholyconfessionsxx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CFH

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

WOODSBALL! We would do milsim but i dont think the local fields do that, they have random people show up and when we play on our property we usually play CTF, TDM, Seek and destroy, etc. So I guess not entirely MIlsim? And since I'm only 16, do you think I'm to young to start a Team?

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Not too young. However don't worry about anything but having fun.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users