Special Ops Paintball: Nothing wrong with stock interals - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nothing wrong with stock interals Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Stock interneal (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use stock internals or upgrade

1. Use stock internals to the limit (20 votes [95.24%])

Percentage of vote: 95.24%

2. Upgrade the internals ASAP (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

I read a lot of how everyone here and there always buys polished or internal upgrades right off the bat when they get their marker. For all those that can't afford it or don't want them, I'm saying that it's ok to use the internals that come with the marker. Polished internals or not don't matter, It's the person using the trigger that makes the difference.

Any opinions?
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Since there was no clarification, I'm assuming you are talking about Tippmanns since no other markers really have that type of discussion (polishing internals).

In that case, polish the stock internals. At least smooth out the parts of the receiver the internals are in contact with.

But there are no aftermarket internals for a Tippmann really worth it IMO - if you have a Tippmann, keep the internals stock.

Exception goes to the cyclone -- Upgrade the ratchet when you can to avoid the cheap part that always breaks.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

actually, i disagree to a point.

aluminum powertubes, response triggers, ape boards, vortex mods (for cyclone), qev's, 1/4 inch hoses from cyclone to body, expansion chambers, regulators, polished internals, and TLC can turn an average marker into a sweet shootin machine. other parts however like aftermarket bolts, aftermarket hammers, RVA's, LPK's, andsome other miscellaneous parts' effectiveness are a little debatable. some i havent tried, but most i have. usually the better deal seems to be trading plastic parts for metal ones, especially the cyclone internals and the powertubes.

sometimes certain internals can mess with others. but i can personally say that stock isnt always the best way to go. sometimes it is.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#4 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

To be honest, I very rarely had a ball brake in my marker let alone the cyclone. But I will say that if it aint broke, then don't fix it.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

I mentioned the cyclone as an exception.

Also, I don't consider an RVA an internal, though I suppose if one did I could see value in it.

Aluminum power tubes offer nothing that the stock plastic ones do, unless your intent is to dump liquid CO2 inside your marker.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Pssh, first thing I did was polish the internals. Not like it's hard or costs money :(
You seem to think that "polished internals" are something you buy. Nah homes, you D.I.Y. that one.

Aside from that, the rest of my A5 internals on the power tube are stock. I bought a metal rachet (TechT I think) for the Cyclone after I managed to have 2 break in one scenario.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#7 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

i have left my markers bone stock for the most part.

i might try out the TechT spring kit for my tpx, see if i can actually get off 4 magazines in 1 co2, that would be a load of win sauce if i can get that to happen (i only have 4 mags at the moment)

i already put in a aftermarket cyclone ratchet, but i honestly dont think an entire case has gone through it yet. my a5 has mainly been a back up/loaner till now.. i plan on using it more and more since ive put some money towards upgrades for it..

although before i hit the next scenario game with it im gonna get the techt vortex mod for it, and HOPEFULLY a barrel kit as well

i dont really see a point in gutting a marker and putting in all these after market things in it before you even get a feel for it, use it for a season or so.. and start making a list of things you think it could use some improvements on.

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 01 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

stock internals are where it is at. Just replace cyclone parts...that thing will break all the time if you don't. God i hated mine for that reason. Wish they had a metal ratchet back then. LOL. Would have saved me a lot of money if they did.

Only replace the powertube if you break your stock one (did that twice). Bolt upgrades are useless as are hammer upgrades. LPK internals are nice, but finicky...never got my cyclone to work with that LPK either...LOL

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

guess this is tippmann talk then.

For my own point, I did do the D.I.Y Polished internals via 000 steel wool. But it will shoot a paintball regardless so no, its not needed. just something I wanted done.

#10 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

For your average player stock internals are the best. All you really have to do is polish up the inside of the receiver halves to get rid of the over spray from the powder coating. After that just stick with what comes with the marker.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users