Special Ops Paintball: Whats your favorite knife/sword/dagger - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats your favorite knife/sword/dagger Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

i used to have machete, 30 cal M1 carbine bayonet, an electricians pocket knife, currently own too many box knives(4 or 5), a spanish CETME Bayonet, a Camillus NY chrome version of their MK 2 fighting knife/K-bar (same blade and handle as a K-bar, just different finish and sheath), am gettign a M7 bayonet for an AR, trying to find a cheap pilot survival knife that is also US issue, not chinese lol. also looking at an Ontario knife company Mark 3 MOD 0 dive/combat knife locally

oh yeah, cant forget the good ol Entrenching blades! sharpen the edges on them, they make for a mean throwing weapon, swinging weapon, and general mayhem inducing objects, especially if using the East German entrenching tool, or the 50s US bi-fold shovels (not the modern tri-fold shovels, they're horrible for throwing, since they have more metal towards one end than the blade end)

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 28 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#32 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Aug 28 2009, 11:00 AM, said:

Anyone else ever been involved in fencing or have formal training with a blade?

i used to train with the bokken sword in taekwondo, that was fun except when you didn't time the block right. I also trained with the staff.

This post has been edited by dextonik: 28 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#33 User is offline   knitemare 

• Baller for Christ, the real sin savior
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:knitemare

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

my all time fave is the parang or a straight machete, i got one from my friend who got it on a missions trip to the phillipines, and i have a couple reproductive swords that hang near my bed (just in case...) and a cornicopia of pocketknives and other pointy objects
I am a Christian Baller
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

Addicted To Facebook Member #1

#34 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

I love my hatchets more than anything. I found an old norwegian axe head in the woods one day. I polished it up and made a nice handle out of an old splitting mall handle. That little hatchet has blazed many trails, shooting lanes, hikers, ect.

A Ka-bar kukri will probably be my next cutting/chopping tool. I just hope I can throw it as easily. Put anything with a semi-sharp edge on it in my hands and I will find a way to stick it into a tree.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#35 User is offline   ::SARGE:: 

• ::SARGE::
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sarge

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:35 AM

Katana is my favorite sword, but my favorite knives and daggers would be 1. A WW1 US Trench Knife,
Posted Image
and 2. Dual Katars
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

Well, I happen to believe that each tool has its intended use, so I have to answer thus:

Sword: Baskethilt Claymore
Dagger: Scottish Dirk (AKA the Ballock Dagger)
Small fixed blade: Scottish Sgian Dhu

Now outside of the "fantasy" blades, My SRK from Cold Steel is top notch. Next to get from them is a Tanto voyager in XL
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#37 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

View Postdruid, on Aug 30 2009, 10:53 AM, said:

Well, I happen to believe that each tool has its intended use, so I have to answer thus:

Now outside of the "fantasy" blades, My SRK from Cold Steel is top notch. Next to get from them is a Tanto voyager in XL

LOL...oh druid...Im not going to say that you're predictable, but there are undiscovered stone-age tribes in the depths of the Amazon rainforest that knew you were going to say that. :P

I like the basket hilts too, but prefer the older 2-handed models with the wide cross guards. Although the basket hilts are good for punching an opponent in the face with in close quarters. :)
Try one of the Papenheimer blades sometime. Similar weight to a basket claymore, but with a slightly more tapered blade...the hilt is close to a basket, just a little more open. If a BH claymore had a love child with a swept hilt rapier, it might look something like a Papenhimer.

#38 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Aug 30 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

View Postdruid, on Aug 30 2009, 10:53 AM, said:

I KNEW this was coming...lol

LOL...oh druid...Im not going to say that you're predictable, but there are undiscovered stone-age tribes in the depths of the Amazon rainforest that knew you were going to say that. :P

I like the basket hilts too, but prefer the older 2-handed models with the wide cross guards. Although the basket hilts are good for punching an opponent in the face with in close quarters. :)
Try one of the Papenheimer blades sometime. Similar weight to a basket claymore, but with a slightly more tapered blade...the hilt is close to a basket, just a little more open. If a BH claymore had a love child with a swept hilt rapier, it might look something like a Papenhimer.

I personally prefer the baskethilt over the Greatsword because the Greatsword requires two hands to sling. The gGreatsword has reach and heft but the baskethilt is lighter and faster and allows the bearer to use the Targe and Dirk in the other hand (think SCA event fighting). Claymore in the strong hand, Targe and Dirk in the blocking hand.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#39 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

I remember when some of the best knives were caribou knives. Pictou NS made awesome blades. Sheath knives were woods knives. Daggers and such just don't do it for me. Everything changed with Rambo. Come on, fishing tackle and a compass in a handle from a made in China knife, all for an amazing price of $19.95 is not the way to go.

Posted Image

#40 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

the Buckmaster Buck knives made after 1984 had storage compatment and compass and "talons" for "grappling".....are not 20 bux...the Gil Hibben knives made for the movies, are based on a hypothetical survivalist knife....and then you have the 2nd, the 3rd, and 4th all which increased in size and ridiculousness, and culminated in a simple home made machete made of a truck leaf spring leaf.
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#41 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

The hollow handled, Rambo-ish knives are a waste of money. The knife is only as strong as its weakest point and that's the tang. Those knives have a 1/4"...1/2" [at best] threaded tang that screws into the grip. Can you say "snap?" The blade can be the best ever made but unless it remains a unified piece...it's useless.

And just as an FYI........if you took a spent 16gauge and a spent 12gauge shotgun shell and fit them over top of each other (16 goes inside the 12), you get approximately the same amount of storage space as is in those crappily designed handles......
I got my OWN smiley...

#42 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

I would love to own a gurka knife, or a actual katana, which a really good one costs like 4,000-10,000 bucks ( maybe that a lil over exaggerated) I tend to have bad luck with sharp shiny objects though.
frequent visits to the hospital
Me: could you attach my hand back on my wrist
Doc: been playing with katana again?
Me:......yeah
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.

#43 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

the buckmasters made by buck had heavy heavy tang handles, but they werent popular because 1, they're heavy, 2, th bare metal handle with the sharp knurling hurts hands, and even when wearing gloves, it wasnt natural, and three, it wasnt exactly a jack of all trades, it was more like below that in all trades and a master of presentation ;)

otherwise; I have a Leatherman Kick, wonderful multi-tool...if i can find a black K-bar type of knife, with or without scabbard, i might pick up a MOLLE scabbard that has a smaller pouch on outside that my leatherman can fit in, since for camping or whatever, i dont see myself not using a hunting knife and leatherman both....
ex-gunwhore

#44 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

best blade that ive been useing for the last year or so has to be my khukri (gurka knife).
11" blade, full tang, handmade hickory handle (done after purchase). the metal is suppose to be HC steel but im suspect to that since there are noticeable soft spots along the inner curve of the blade, the real business edge seems to hold up just fine. Nothing fancy or expensive, $20 through 'by the sword' (dont really recomend them) and after 4 days hicking and camping that blade did all the chopping, splitting, shaving (for kidling), and filet... well lets just say the fish meat was obtainable and good with rice.

i got my share of wall decoration swords, katana set, hand+1/2, skull axe, various daggers. nothing real or useable their but then i got 'what the hell is that'

that is the 4lb spiked flail on 18 inches of chain with an oak handle, me daddie made that when he was a wee school runt. so he claims.

now that i think about it i got like 6 bayonets of various soviet block origins for various rifles that i dont own, leathermens, multi tool, blah blah blah in tool knives and machets and other true use base tools that dont count for this thread but boy does it get the neighbors attention when i walk around with a bag full of them and they decide to ask what im doing.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#45 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Aug 28 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

I've considered Iaido too, but the nearest school for it is over an hours drive away... no car = suckage.

I feel your pain with the no car thing. My car is probably a paperweight by now.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users