• You cannot reply to this topic

New Cyborg?

#1 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

Okay. I've been planning on getting a Cyborg 06 for sometime now but still cannot get it until I get some more $. What I wanted to know is, will there be a newer Cyborg coming out soon? I always know that Macdev strives to make the best out of there newer markers, so has anyone heard of any news or rumors?

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#2 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN 013

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

ide guess a sneak peek in nov/dec time frame. no actual release until late jan, early feb.

not official, just my guess.

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#3 User is offline   Iranosaurus Rex 

• Ringleader
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:01 AM

I think you can expect to see it at World Cup, like usual.

But be warned, I am quite confient that the 06 is as good as any marker can get for a while.
Automaggot #1 Plane Takes Off Club #1

#4 User is offline   benten 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:benten

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

james said on pbn that he didnt want to release a new marker so soon, they wanted to put mroe time and effort into making the next cyborg the best gun ever, and by ever i do mean ever.
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

View Postbenten, on Jun 15 2006, 02:11 PM, said:

james said on pbn that he didnt want to release a new marker so soon, they wanted to put mroe time and effort into making the next cyborg the best gun ever, and by ever i do mean ever.

Now I'm making a "New Cyborg" Savings next to my "Cyborg 06" Savings and my "Private Indoor Field" Savings.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#6 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

When you think about it the improvement might not be to major they kept the same efficiency for a while and they got milled more and more but who knows it could be revolutionary. If you have all money you need at nov then wait till the new one.

#7 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

Wait, wait, I'm having a vision...the new Cyborg will be milled down even further. It will get a few more shots per bottle, and shoot a little faster. It will come with a slightly more accurate stock barrel and it will weigh a little less. The profile will be slightly smaller.

Oh wait, that's what every upgrade is. And every one of them is trying to make "the best gun ever". Forgive my cynicism.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#8 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

View Postprotocoach, on Jun 15 2006, 04:50 PM, said:

Wait, wait, I'm having a vision...the new Cyborg will be milled down even further. It will get a few more shots per bottle, and shoot a little faster. It will come with a slightly more accurate stock barrel and it will weigh a little less. The profile will be slightly smaller.

Oh wait, that's what every upgrade is. And every one of them is trying to make "the best gun ever". Forgive my cynicism.

Yea. But hey, its always fun to keep up with the times.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#9 User is offline   Gwac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

YOu are 100 percent right look at all gun transisiions
2k1 timmy to 2k6 timmy
slightly smaller
slightly lighter'
slightly lower presure
slightly more milling
slightly better acuracy
slightly faster
angel a4 fly to g7 fly
slightly smaller
slightly lighter'
slightly lower presure
slightly more milling
slightly better acuracy
slightly faster
cyborg 04-06
slightly smaller
slightly lighter'
slightly lower presure
slightly more milling
slightly better acuracy
slightly faster
dm3-dm6
slightly smaller
slightly lighter'
slightly lower presure
slightly more milling
slightly better acuracy
slightly faster

#10 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Jun 15 2006, 03:53 PM, said:

Yea. But hey, its always fun to keep up with the times.

I know. But it's always one of the things that gets me bad looks when I try to explain the game to outsiders. I feel like the guy in "Spinal Tap". "But, this one goes up to eleven!"

View PostGwac, on Jun 15 2006, 03:54 PM, said:

(long list)

And yet, we all know people who must have this year's version because it's so much better than the one they got last year. It's sorta pathetic sometimes.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#11 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

View Postprotocoach, on Jun 15 2006, 02:02 PM, said:

And yet, we all know people who must have this year's version because it's so much better than the one they got last year. It's sorta pathetic sometimes.

QFT. i know a guy like that.

honestly, get a older cyborg, or a 06' if you must, and get it upped like crazy. im going to the extent to mill and anno mine. i dont plan to buy another high end marker for a while. im toying with the idea of a pump or automag as a project gun, but the borg is here to stay.

i dont think people under stand that with some ups, older guns are just as fast as new ones, at a fraction of the price. but i guess thats how companies make money.

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#12 User is offline   benten 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:benten

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

but macdev is the only company who actually has succeeded in doing it.
IPB Image

#13 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

View Postbenten, on Jun 16 2006, 10:22 AM, said:

but macdev is the only company who actually has succeeded in doing it.

the 04', 05' and sonic cyborgs were all generally the same. so after two years of course its going to look like there was a big inprovement. honestly the pre-06's can perform just as well as the 06'.

if a company made a marker the best possible entity it could evolve into.... what would they have to release the following year?
-campanies always make their markers slightly less efficient than it can be, so people buy new bolts/internals.
-campanies always make boards that the user wont be satisfied with because they get a certain percentage of aftermarker boards sold.
-companies always make a crappy feeling trigger, so people buy new ones.
-campanies always release aftermarker accent kits or parts that you will just HAVE to have.

the man is all around you, BOINKing you like crazy. even in paintball... B)

#14 User is offline   Gwac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

THink about cost it dosnt realy cost 1900 for a sl66 to be made maybe like 500 but people must have it they must its just as good as a 05 but its slightly smaller. 04 borgs are like 650 new and do about the same thing and used is better basicaly. Think about it it might cost 300 to make a shocker give it a crappy board thens ay you can have the black heart board for a nother hundred which it dosnt cost that much so you make a double sale.

#15 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

But everyone still wants the new one right? When have you said "A DM6, pssht, I want that DM5, that looks promising."

Plus what I really want to see is the new milling. Ever new milling of the Cyborg seems to look hotter and hotter. And you never know when someone is going to pop out with something revolutionary.

RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users