Special Ops Paintball: Smarts Parts Closes at the end of the month - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smarts Parts Closes at the end of the month GI Milsim, Luxe move all manufacturing to China Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

View Postvargg, on Dec 17 2009, 06:33 AM, said:

View Postcommander mike, on Dec 16 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

View Postvargg, on Dec 16 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

all i got to say is ha-ha!

That's just ignorant. Even though I didn't like Smart Part's products all that much or the incident with their lawsuits against AKA and ICD, which I am not trying to start any argument about, they have had a huge impact on the industry and sponsor many many teams.


ignorant?? are u serious? lol bite me
dude i am a machinist and any 1 losing a job sux. but they had it coming. they put a ton of others out of work with how they do buisness. and as a general rule i hate lawers . sure smart parts made sum nice gear.hell i got a sp-1 but as every 1 knows SP had sum slimy buisness practices. i think theyve had a huge negative impact on the industry for alot of years and i say good riddance. but im sure their not goin anywhere. they are goin to china. im sure they are far from done and doin slimy buisness dealings.

Before you attack a company please know the facts behind the company...I could list the reasons why you are completely wrong but this thread isn't for that.

Everyone keep your opinions, and general lack of facts, out of this thread as its not the topic.
0

#47 User is offline   ike123 

  • Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutty Northside, CA
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:27 AM

ZOMG BAD ETHICS MUST HATE!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!unounocapitalunodoslolwut.

Please. I'm not a fan of their business practices either, but they did a whole bunch of good by producing cheap electro markers. Newbs weren't stuck with crap mech blowbacks when they could only afford low-end markers. I, for one, am simply not going to celebrate something that may effect bringing new players into the sport.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.
0

#48 User is offline   ghostinthewood 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,414
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dub Town, IN
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTINTHEWOOD AKA SERAPH

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

I've said it many times before, if eveyone wants paintball to be big then expect companies to act like companies. I dont believe anyone here is anyone else's mother so go cry about it elsewhere.
<a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=3077" target="_blank"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Serapiel2/GITW1.jpg" border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /></a>
Guerillas arent endangered, they're just hard to find...sXe
"I dont think you're supposed to call you're girlfriend a n00b..." ~ robin 1:20pm 12/24/08
<3 robin
<a href="http://www.makeittosunday.com/" target="_blank">http://www.makeittosunday.com/</a>
(22:08:48) T-Freak : hey dont laugh at me...im just a dumb pentacostal morman
0

#49 User is offline   Mitch Force 

  • [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,313
  • Joined: 11-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fridge World

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

Bu...b...But they're EVAL!!!!

:dodgy:
0

#50 User is offline   Piller 

  • Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Within range
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

I occasionally start to feel a little sympathy for them, but then I watch this video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zCfaOZ3Qs_o

They've done numerous questionable things. Even before Smart Parts the Gardner's invention submission business was shut down by the FTC for deceptive practices.

It's true that as paintball grows, larger and larger style business techniques are going to come into play, many companies owned by people who have never played paintball. But that doesn't mean we can't voice our dislike of it. Just because that's the norm doens't mean as large players of the sport we have to go along with it saying, "that's just how it is"

This post has been edited by Piller: 19 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."
0

#51 User is offline   commander mike 

  • the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,013
  • Joined: 16-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Latrobe, PA
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

Now all of the teams will have to get new sponsors. I wonder what will happen to the Philadelphia All Americans.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman
0

#52 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

  • Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 7,843
  • Joined: 08-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belleville, Ont Canada

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

I would imagine many teams ewere given notice for the 2010 season a while back with the lay-offs.

.
0

#53 User is offline   Bagheera 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 05-December 07
  • Brigade Name:Bagheera

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

View PostEnhander, on Dec 14 2009, 12:34 PM, said:

Viva la AutoMag!


Viva! :usa:

WTB Tac-One Warp Right Body

"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist." - AnEchoSoldier
0

#54 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

View Postcommander mike, on Dec 19 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

Now all of the teams will have to get new sponsors. I wonder what will happen to the Philadelphia All Americans.

Alright I dont think people understand what is happening.

Everything aside smart parts is essential changing its name to GI Milsim and DLX is going to stay the same.

All pro teams sponsored by smart parts are shooting the luxe so nothing will change for them, even alot of divisional teams are onto the luxe now because smart parts has been winding down operations for a while.
0

#55 User is offline   deltapaintball 

  • Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,905
  • Joined: 10-January 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 19 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

View Postcommander mike, on Dec 19 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

Now all of the teams will have to get new sponsors. I wonder what will happen to the Philadelphia All Americans.

Alright I dont think people understand what is happening.

Everything aside smart parts is essential changing its name to GI Milsim and DLX is going to stay the same.

All pro teams sponsored by smart parts are shooting the luxe so nothing will change for them, even alot of divisional teams are onto the luxe now because smart parts has been winding down operations for a while.


Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say they have been winding down operations for a while in the manner you mean. This all came about the first Monday in September when the bank came in. Some people have known more then others about what has been going on, while there is still a lot in the dark still.

You may seem some of the sponsored teams moving on to this or that company at this point, and that is up to their team. Personally, we are going to remain with the company as we do not feel there is another company worth even approaching at this point. We have enough parts to shoot our SP stuff for many years to come.
Coming soon.
0

#56 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 19 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 19 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

View Postcommander mike, on Dec 19 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

Now all of the teams will have to get new sponsors. I wonder what will happen to the Philadelphia All Americans.

Alright I dont think people understand what is happening.

Everything aside smart parts is essential changing its name to GI Milsim and DLX is going to stay the same.

All pro teams sponsored by smart parts are shooting the luxe so nothing will change for them, even alot of divisional teams are onto the luxe now because smart parts has been winding down operations for a while.


Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say they have been winding down operations for a while in the manner you mean. This all came about the first Monday in September when the bank came in. Some people have known more then others about what has been going on, while there is still a lot in the dark still.

You may seem some of the sponsored teams moving on to this or that company at this point, and that is up to their team. Personally, we are going to remain with the company as we do not feel there is another company worth even approaching at this point. We have enough parts to shoot our SP stuff for many years to come.

By for a while I meant since they layoffs...there is alot of weird stuff going on with the company but hopefully they can continue to back leagues like axbl and psp because thats really what's going to bring paintball into the mainstream.
0

#57 User is offline   deltapaintball 

  • Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,905
  • Joined: 10-January 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 19 2009, 08:08 PM, said:

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 19 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 19 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

View Postcommander mike, on Dec 19 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

Now all of the teams will have to get new sponsors. I wonder what will happen to the Philadelphia All Americans.

Alright I dont think people understand what is happening.

Everything aside smart parts is essential changing its name to GI Milsim and DLX is going to stay the same.

All pro teams sponsored by smart parts are shooting the luxe so nothing will change for them, even alot of divisional teams are onto the luxe now because smart parts has been winding down operations for a while.


Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say they have been winding down operations for a while in the manner you mean. This all came about the first Monday in September when the bank came in. Some people have known more then others about what has been going on, while there is still a lot in the dark still.

You may seem some of the sponsored teams moving on to this or that company at this point, and that is up to their team. Personally, we are going to remain with the company as we do not feel there is another company worth even approaching at this point. We have enough parts to shoot our SP stuff for many years to come.

By for a while I meant since they layoffs...there is alot of weird stuff going on with the company but hopefully they can continue to back leagues like axbl and psp because thats really what's going to bring paintball into the mainstream.



At this point, they need to focus primarily on keeping the doors open in one form or another. A lot of these rumors saying Smart Parts is going to close this day or that is being perpetuated by people who want to see the company close. Some people think that if Smart Parts closes, Tom Kaye is going to sit up in bed, say eureka and start making e-mags again. Like honestly?

My sales rep knows nothing about the company closing, I will confirm that the company is not selling any SP-1's or Vibes right now, not because they want to move over to .50 cal Sp-1's or Vibes, rather the bank owned the machines and they could not make anymore. Depending on what happens, is when they will start producing more guns, as of right now, NO ONE knows whats going to happen. If someone says otherwise, they are full of poo, simply put.

I'll go back to monitoring this thread, but some of you peoples blind hate amazes me.

This post has been edited by deltapaintball: 19 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

Coming soon.
0

#58 User is offline   Psiworx 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: 10-December 09

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

According to Richmond Italia (GI Milsim) in an interview on Blast Radius Woodsball Podcast Smart Parts is closing their manufacturing operations in America and moving everything to Asia.
0

#59 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

View PostPsiworx, on Dec 19 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

According to Richmond Italia (GI Milsim) in an interview on Blast Radius Woodsball Podcast Smart Parts is closing their manufacturing operations in America and moving everything to Asia.

Thats completely differnt than shutting down...
0

#60 User is offline   kage83 

  • KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 30-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW Minnesota
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

yeah...i think that falls into the, "Still in Operation" category.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

0

Share this topic:


  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users