• You cannot reply to this topic

Rec Ball Surrender Rules What do you use? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Eagle Sniper 

• Eagle Sniper
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Eagle_Com

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

We, well I, allow full bunkering at the field i work at. Its noramlly G.I.s since the loscataion i work at is on the local Army base. However, if there are kids playing i call them out when i see someone running up to bunker. I will also call someone out if they are getting bunkered but the paint is bouncing (dont want them to get hurt too badly)

#32 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

20 foot surrender or die rule. The person that moves to 20 of another yells "Surrender or Die", the other person has the option of surrendering, nothing wrong with that, or anything else. If they choose anything else, and the other player can get closer, well, they were given the option to surrender...

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#33 User is offline   l33t_sh33p 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mr. Nerd

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:28 AM

All of this talk about pb not being able to wound or kill at close range is poppycock (I like that word:) Most goggles do not cover the throat which is where death is likely to occur. Yes side of neck/back of head hands etc.. hurt like hell. So does the small of your ribs if the shot is hot (I bled for 10 mins because somemoron shot hot at ~20") But that is not where the "danger" is. Just the pain.

If you are shot close in, square to the throat though ? End of you. It takes very little pressure to damage the adam's apple area. (Just push on your own with enough pressure to close your windpipe, takes very little) I've personally seen a man taken to hospital for a hit from a baseball during warmup. We're not even talking full on pitch here. If there is one thing that makes me nervous about close in shots, it's that infinitesimally small chance that someone will eat it in the throat at 200mph. I think that's why a surrender rule ought to be mandatorily offered. If he's foolish, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

I guess the range of said rule is up for debate, but imo 10' is good. Depending on the situation I'd be willing to chance it at 15'+ as long as my oponent wasn't going to whack me with 15bps.

That's my 0.02$ at any rate.

-Ryan

This post has been edited by l33t_sh33p: 29 June 2006 - 12:30 AM

Old Enough To Know Better!
Young Enough To Do It Anyway!

"To those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected can never know."

#34 User is offline   BlueJoe 

• Paintball Is A Religion, Many Attend, Few Understand
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueJoe

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

At the field I play at, it is a 10ft rule.

Of course EVERYONE who has a ION or up violates that rule...

Like a dude with a angel ran right around the corner and HIT me with his barrel, took 1 step back and took like 10 shots right into my back :|

I even have pics of the welts.. There was so much blood, i would be able to show it...

-Joe

#35 User is offline   the farlinator 

• Yo
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

I think for the general walk on rec games, it should be a no choice 10 foot rule, just to account for the stupidest people out there. If your playing with friends that are halfway intelligent, than you can have the choice, which makes it harder-the only thing is, you have to be willing to be shot from 10 feet away if you offer a surrender. When I'm playing in games with the surrender rule with walkons i usually yell it and yell that they have no choice (if thats the rules), cuz i dont wanna be ouut from that.

#36 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:31 PM

20 foot Surrender or Die. If they choose to not surrender, then the attacker can do what they want, shoot them from there, get closer or whatever.

The rule is partially safety minded, and partially because of the pain involved in getting shoot from that close. Granted, a well maintained mask can protect a person from a 300fps paintball. But how many people inspect their mask every time they play? And there are always the hairline stress fractures that can form if you get hit in the mask alot. And even so, getting a 300 fps paintball in the arm from point blank can do some actual damage to the person's arm, not just a nice bloody welt.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#37 User is offline   poor stocker 

• Allright men, time to bring in the big guns.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:poor stocker

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:29 PM

We allow bunkering, but usually we try to get surrenders at 10 ft. 20 feet away is ludicrous in my opinion, I personally wouldn't surrender from 20 ft, but I'm usually past the 50.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#38 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

I honestly don't know how you think 25 feet is too much. If you can't hit something from 25 feet away, when you're not under fire you should quit.

#39 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

The field I ref at it is 10 feet. BUT the rule changes depending on who is playing. If there are little kids it is mandatory and i call the person about to get bunkered out. When it is all adults we let the rule slide. And i think that is good, just as long as people are not over shooting.
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#40 User is offline   poor stocker 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

[quote name='Delta Heretic' date='Jul 12 2006, 06:00 PM' post='807706']
I honestly don't know how you think 25 feet is too much. If you can't hit something from 25 feet away, when you're not under fire you should quit.
[/quote

If that is adressed to me.. I think 25 feet is too far away, because it's way to easy to get that far away from an opposing player. I like 10, and if possible 5 or none.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#41 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

View Postpoor stocker, on Jul 12 2006, 09:28 PM, said:

If that is adressed to me.. I think 25 feet is too far away, because it's way to easy to get that far away from an opposing player. I like 10, and if possible 5 or none.

I thought we were talking RECBALL here. In tourney ball, there is no surrender, but the first part of Recball comes from Recreation. I don't mind getting a welt here and there, and I am pretty sure that I will almost never surrender (Although that one time I was staring down the four barrels of the Razorback at about 15 feet, I ran my butt off....), but there are plenty of other people out there that have never played before, and I get asked all the time "Does it hurt?" I tell them generally no, but that is why we do have the Surrender rule, at about 20 feet, 280 fps will hurt. And I am more about getting more people to play and have fun than a moment of running right up on a person and tagging them with a shot or two from about a foot away.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#42 User is offline   poor stocker 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:36 AM

I never bunker the new guys at the field. And I am talking rec ball, but I'd expect no one to surrender at 20+ feet, it's just too far away. I ask at 10.

#43 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:11 AM

I'm not trying to tell you how a surrender rule should work, or at what distance it should be asked. But if you were at one of the fields where I worked, the rule is 20 feet. I personally agree with our rule, it is very "walk-on" or "newb" friendly.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#44 User is offline   poor stocker 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

That it may be, but I've had newbs tell me to surrender, when I'm past their 50, and then get angry when I shoot them.

#45 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

View Postpoor stocker, on Jul 13 2006, 09:36 AM, said:

That it may be, but I've had newbs tell me to surrender, when I'm past their 50, and then get angry when I shoot them.

That happens, but how far away from them, when you shot them, were you?

On a woodsball field, it can be hard to gauge where the 50 line, 40 line and such are. Hence, many fields will give a distance, be it 20 feet, 15 feet, 10 feet, or whatever.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users