• You cannot reply to this topic

accuracy Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   jordan89 

• I need more cowbell!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jordan89

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

Turning your velocity down only makes you accuracy worse. The faster you are shooting the more accurate it will be. Chrono your gun as close to the fields limit as you can w/o going over.

#17 User is offline   mustardgass 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

What kind of paint are you using? Try to get a good paint to barrell match. Take a few of your paintballs from each of your bags and insert them one at a time into your stock barrell (take it off first). When you put the paintball in the barrell notice what it does. If it role out the barrell then the ball is to small. If it sticks in the barrell and cannot be removed by a puff of your breath it is to big. The ideal match using this test would to be to have a paintball that had 3-5 contact points in the barrell and could be blown out using a light puff of air. Try this with your paint. Then if it's not the right size paint try buying bags of 500 or 250 if your shop has them for some reason. Try all kinds of different types of highend paints untill you find the one that flys the best.

By highend paint I mean paint made by companies such as Draxxus, Diablo. Other paint that I've used that has worked good is scortch (a little to thin of a shell for my liking) Diablo Heat, Diablo Nightmare, Fireballs, Draxxus midnight.

When looking at paint you want a paint that has the least amount of dimples and no pronouced seams. Try to get a paint with a thick fill. STAY AWAY from the "Walmart Specials" even though this paint is cheap it will give you a ton of problems. Unless you buy like big balls, premiums or marbs from there. The rest.......meh

John
It's just what I do when I can't get no lovin'
IPB Image
Custom sig courtosy of Silent-7

#18 User is offline   stevethepaintballwarrior 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:26 PM

maybe you should take your marker to your local paintball shop and let them point you in right direction!I agree myself with some of the wisdom that has already been said. Clean,shoot good paint and good barrel .Heres something else to think about when i first got my spyder pilot it was curving because i had over oiled it.Just a few drops of oil on o-rings is all you need

#19 User is offline   camper6000 

• Maximum Ownage
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PBsniper216

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:20 PM

Get a better barrel, just about anything will be better than the stock, if you want help on deciding what barrel to get PM me and I will help as best I can. But to tell you the truth the problem may be a mechanical/ barrel probelm, but the key to getting better accuracy is a good paint-to bore match. Again if you need any help send me a PM and I may be able to point you in the right direction :P
IPB Image
One Shot. One Kill.

"One on one in a duel to the finish, you either stand or fall alone, strictly on the merits of your skill, training and physical abilities. "

#20 User is offline   Gyrocopter 

• Gyronator
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gyrocopter

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

hmmm... accuracy is a fickle thing, especially with paintball. Sometimes you can try everything and it still isn't resolved. You can get better paint and maybe a new barrel. Otherwise, try experimenting with the air system.
I got a crate of grenades for christmas!!!

#21 User is offline   C.W. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

find a barrel to paint match B)

#22 User is offline   SRGT. HARTMEN 

• FULL METAL JACKET!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SRGT. ERNEY HARTMEN

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

get a bolt for 20 buck it cant go bad.

#66 smartparts owner!
"then im gonna turn around and light these guys up, u ready im good, u ready"(Bam bam)Rob "Tyger" Rubin FPS 2.0

If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab was your paintball gear, put this in your sig.

#23 User is offline   TheMadMan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

Upgrade your barrel to a more accurate barrel... I recommend a j&j 14" ($30).

#24 User is offline   assassin23 

• the assassin will strike when you least expect him.
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

Get a regulator if your using hpa or an expansion chamber if co2. This will make your shots more consistent.Also buy better paint if your not already using nice paint.
Legacy: What Will Yours Be? Intel Director Of Legacy

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users