• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann a-5 or 98? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ghost ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

i want to buy a gun bun i dont have alot of money. im wondering if i should buy a 98 or a5? i could afford both of them and im also wondering what upgrades to get. is the stuff that the a-5 has that the 98 doesnt worth the extra money? please help.

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:41 AM

well i would go with the a-5 because in my opinion is better. it has more upgrades than the 98 custom or the x-7 combined. it can shoot very fast. youcan get it to look like any real firearm that you want. and it wil get your heart pumping with a tippmann (thats what it says on the box)
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   Ghost ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

thanks! i was also wondering what is so great about the saw stock? and should i get a response trigger?

This post has been edited by Ghost ninja: 10 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

I would get a A5, I think its much better. You will want a new barrel though. And I used to have response...It quit working... :angry:
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   krazymunky 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

98custom since you dont have a lot of money. with the remaining money you can spend it on a good barrel or barrel kit. Whats your budget? (200?250?)

best way to find out is to go to a shop try them youself. <<----everyone says that :angry:

This post has been edited by krazymunky: 10 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

#6 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

I like the 98 better. It feels better to me, and personally I don't like the Cyclone that much. But the A-5 is also a little easier to strip down and has the modular gripframe, so that may make it worth the extra to you. Personally I think you should get an Automag... :angry:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

Go down to your local pro shop and take a look at both markers. See how they feel in your hands. Depending on model, you can put E-grips or RT's in either. You can upgrade to a Cyclone feed on the 98 if you so choose. I have both and love them both.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#8 User is offline   Ghost ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

View Postkrazymunky, on Sep 10 2007, 12:54 PM, said:

98custom since you dont have a lot of money. with the remaining money you can spend it on a good barrel or barrel kit. Whats your budget? (200?250?)

best way to find out is to go to a shop try them youself. <<----everyone says that :dry:

i dont have a job, but i have about $260 and my birthday is coming up so my parents could pay for a little. what barrel would you recommend?

#9 User is offline   Ghost ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Sep 10 2007, 12:56 PM, said:

I like the 98 better. It feels better to me, and personally I don't like the Cyclone that much. But the A-5 is also a little easier to strip down and has the modular gripframe, so that may make it worth the extra to you. Personally I think you should get an Automag... :dry:.

-Z3R0

what is the modular grip frame do?

#10 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

I would go with the a5 because it shoots faster, has more upgrades, and the push pins make it mach much easier to take apart.

View PostGhost ninja, on Sep 10 2007, 02:19 PM, said:

View Postkrazymunky, on Sep 10 2007, 12:54 PM, said:

best way to find out is to go to a shop try them youself. <<----everyone says that :panzer:

i dont have a job, but i have about $260 and my birthday is coming up so my parents could pay for a little. what barrel would you recommend?

depending on how much money you get for your birthday and what your playing style is, I would get a flatline.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#11 User is offline   krazymunky 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

just wondering. but do you have the other equipment ? masks?harness (if needed) etc...
if not you might want to set some money aside from them.

if you already got those and have 260 +. get an A5 and a barrel kit. J&J edge is pretty cheap and good. depends how much the A5 is.

#12 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

DO NOT get a Flatline. Got for a Dye Ultra Light or a Smart Parts All American or better. If you want the flatline style, get an apex. Easier on paint, more acurate, easy to change barrels (I actually carry my Smart Parts All American and Apex at the same time so i can switch out depending on what the need is for) more acurate, easier to clean.....
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#13 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

i like the A5, so thats my opinion. I use a SAW stock, and i love it. The opsgear model has more sight clearance than the SO model. Also, in my opinion, the Flatline sucks, but then again, the thing was not tuned right, so your call. Get an E-grip and send it to the factory to get reprogramed. It makes programing a lot easier. Get a new barrel, Smart Parts is great and j7j is good. Apex if you want range.
The Free 19th.

#14 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

View PostGhost ninja, on Sep 10 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

thanks! i was also wondering what is so great about the saw stock? and should i get a response trigger?

well the saw stock is whats called a sight relief. it has a curverture in it so when you use it with your mask, you can see down the gun easier. its better on your neck because you dont have to be straining it to see down it.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#15 User is offline   Falconsfight 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Falconsfight

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:30 PM

Both r great markers.Both markers r pretty in the amount of upgrades that r available.Since u've got a fixed budget the 98c would probable b a better bet.The first upgrade no matter which way u go should b a new barrel or barrel kit.Personally I've owned a 98 custom with a flatline.The barrel definitely had the range,but wasn't to accurate.With a flatline the ball becomes more susceptible to the wind at 200' (ft.) or better.I currently own an X-7 and love it.All the X-7 is a newer generation and more mil-sim version of the A-5.If u do go with the A-5 yr choices in barrels will b abit more limited.Definitely go to local paintball store and ask to hold both markers to get a better view on which marker fits yr personality.AS with most things in life yr choice will still come down to preference and money.Good luck with whatever marker u choose and happy hunting.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users