• You cannot reply to this topic

Sabre talk we need some interesting stories. whats yours? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hello my fellow Sabres! The sabre area of this forum is frankly boring, and it's our job as Sabres to do something about that. Lets hear some of your most memorable moments of your career as a Sabre, even if its not that exciting, atleast your answereing the call and ALL posts will be respected. A little exageration is acceptable however, just nothing absolutely ridiculous. Let me star off.

Last summer, my cousin had his birthday party at nice paintball field in Virginia. The name of said field was and still is Hogback Mountain. Anyway, thatís not the point. Me and a few of my buds that make up a sort-of unofficial walk-on team (at the time) decided we'd try to go. We all made it there A okay (due to the fact that my dad works for a airline company and could get us discounted air fair) and had a blast. There was one game though that just sticks out in my career as a paintball player. We were playing an attack/defend game on their castle field, where the objective was to simply grab the flag. The Castle was a two-story structure on a field that was on the edge of a large field. There's about 50 yards of open land with bunkers surrounding the castle with woods around that. The game started and we began to move. The teams were a little stretched so there were 9 people in the castle and only 5 attackers. The three of us were on a team plus 2 of my cousinís friends that had never played before. My cousin had 4 people that had about the same amount of experience as we did. (We know this because this was the fourth or fifth game of the day) Anyway, we devised a quick plan. My two friends were to go up the sides of the field while I stayed at the base of the hill. One of the newer players went up the left side with Fishlips (thatís what we call him, and if u ever saw him run you would call him that too) and the other stayed at the base of the hill with me. The plan was to act out a rush from the left side while Scottie (it annoys him when we call him that) would take some of the defense out from the left. This part of the plan went well with one casualty for us and 3 for them. Now itís a little more fair. Fishlips ran up to the right side to make it appear that I was there. They let-a-rip at the castle, which directed its fire towards them. This gave me and my partner (the kid that hadn't played before that was still in) a chance to move up the middle. This is what they weren't expecting because they thought I was on the right as well. I provided a good covering fire while my noob ran up to get the flag. By the time the defense realized what happened he was already ten feet behind the flag and they were getting shot at by Scottie Fishlips and I. Thankfully, Scottie is a wizard with his 98c and was able to pick a couple more defenders off. They got me, but it was worth it in the end because we got the flag. And seeing the grin on that kids face. He shore was happy to have won the game for us and I think thatís something he'll remember for the rest of his life.

Now it's your turn, help out the forum!
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#2 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Jun 15 2009, 09:09 PM, said:

Hello my fellow Sabres! The sabre area of this forum is frankly boring, and it's our job as Sabres to do something about that. Lets hear some of your most memorable moments of your career as a Sabre, even if its not that exciting, atleast your answereing the call and ALL posts will be respected. A little exageration is acceptable however, just nothing absolutely ridiculous. Let me star off.

Last summer, my cousin had his birthday party at nice paintball field in Virginia. The name of said field was and still is Hogback Mountain. Anyway, thatís not the point. Me and a few of my buds that make up a sort-of unofficial walk-on team (at the time) decided we'd try to go. We all made it there A okay (due to the fact that my dad works for a airline company and could get us discounted air fair) and had a blast. There was one game though that just sticks out in my career as a paintball player. We were playing an attack/defend game on their castle field, where the objective was to simply grab the flag. The Castle was a two-story structure on a field that was on the edge of a large field. There's about 50 yards of open land with bunkers surrounding the castle with woods around that. The game started and we began to move. The teams were a little stretched so there were 9 people in the castle and only 5 attackers. The three of us were on a team plus 2 of my cousinís friends that had never played before. My cousin had 4 people that had about the same amount of experience as we did. (We know this because this was the fourth or fifth game of the day) Anyway, we devised a quick plan. My two friends were to go up the sides of the field while I stayed at the base of the hill. One of the newer players went up the left side with Fishlips (thatís what we call him, and if u ever saw him run you would call him that too) and the other stayed at the base of the hill with me. The plan was to act out a rush from the left side while Scottie (it annoys him when we call him that) would take some of the defense out from the left. This part of the plan went well with one casualty for us and 3 for them. Now itís a little more fair. Fishlips ran up to the right side to make it appear that I was there. They let-a-rip at the castle, which directed its fire towards them. This gave me and my partner (the kid that hadn't played before that was still in) a chance to move up the middle. This is what they weren't expecting because they thought I was on the right as well. I provided a good covering fire while my noob ran up to get the flag. By the time the defense realized what happened he was already ten feet behind the flag and they were getting shot at by Scottie Fishlips and I. Thankfully, Scottie is a wizard with his 98c and was able to pick a couple more defenders off. They got me, but it was worth it in the end because we got the flag. And seeing the grin on that kids face. He shore was happy to have won the game for us and I think thatís something he'll remember for the rest of his life.

Ohh man so many things wrong with this post I'm not even gunnah touch it.

This post has been edited by sipbgod94: 15 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#3 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

then dont post if you dont like the idea

This post has been edited by pvt. Leonard L. Church: 28 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#4 User is offline   Templar Flame 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DarknessBringsDeath

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

View Postsipbgod94, on Jun 15 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

Dude don't be a prick, he had good intentions with this cuz yeah the Sabre section is kinda dead. At least he took some initiative.
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die that the protected will never know.

#5 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Jun 15 2009, 08:27 PM, said:

I don't see anything wrong with it. Please clarify what you mean. Was it wrong for him to post it? Was his strategy in his story wrong? I just have no clue what your talking about.

As for the post itself, I quite enjoyed reading his story and I like the idea that he's putting out there. Like Templar Flame said,"At least he took some initiative." And all good sabres should know how to take initiative.
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#6 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

View PostWags94, on Jun 27 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

I don't see anything wrong with it. Please clarify what you mean. Was it wrong for him to post it? Was his strategy in his story wrong? I just have no clue what your talking about.

As for the post itself, I quite enjoyed reading his story and I like the idea that he's putting out there. Like Templar Flame said,"At least he took some initiative." And all good sabres should know how to take initiative.

I knew it was going to spark an argument.

I was referring to the whole BS about "positions" that SO made up.
The sabre,dagger,broadsword sections will always be dead aside from the occasional noob coming along trying to "bring it back".

You are going to argue this with me until some time passes, you become a more seasoned player and see through the stupid "positions" thing.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#7 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:33 AM

^ some teams/players, even experienced ones go by positions...maybe not SO's positions but still there are teams out there that run position players. That being said.

Church, great post man. Really think it is a change of pace in the sabre if not all of the position section. The story itself read easily also, which is even better.

My personal favorite story was just last weekend. It was my first time being XO for a scenario game and I had a blast. What sticks out most from that day was, our team was defending our base (about 30 of us) with no reinsertion in site for another 10 minutes or so. We held off an onslaught of attackers, I'd say 50-70 attackers, and were able to start puching forward through the field again. We got our reinsertion just as we made a little forward progress. So now there is somewhere near 50-60 of our guys moving up the field. Our mission just came in and that was to find a laptop in the other teams base. We fought through a "speedball" course that is dead center of this particular field and made it to the opposing teams tree line. Their base from the treeline was probably 75-100 yards away. Now understand during all this forward progress the majority of our attackers were walk-ons and rentals, if anyone has ever tried commanding these guys, you know it can be a challenge. After about 7 minutes at the treeline and only 13 minutes left to complete the mission we finally get within attacking range of their base. Unfortunately for me, the defending of our base and attacking of theirs left me with no more paint. I was ordered to comtinue directing the players until the mission was over. So I stayed on the frontlines with no paint...not very fun. Anyways, we were able to overwelm their defenses and take their base, we then found the laptop and completed the mission. The reason why it sticks out in my mind so vividly is because, I was so impressed with how our rentals/walk-ons were able to work together and listen to what I was telling them and they were the real reason why that mission was a success.

It's not much of a "sabre" story but its one of my favorite memories in my paintball career.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#8 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

View Postsipbgod94, on Jun 28 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

View PostWags94, on Jun 27 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

I knew it was going to spark an argument.

I was referring to the whole BS about "positions" that SO made up.
The sabre,dagger,broadsword sections will always be dead aside from the occasional noob coming along trying to "bring it back".

You are going to argue this with me until some time passes, you become a more seasoned player and see through the stupid "positions" thing.

I'm not starting an argument. I was just asking a question. You are right, this whole positions thing can at times be a little rediculous, but they can be useful.

I remember when I went paintballing once, I was laying down alot of suppressive fire and I noticed the guy next to me had a "dagger" patch, so I immediately told him to do a flanking run while I laid down some covering fire. He pulled off the flanking maneuver and we gained a tactical advantage. The fact that he wore that patch meant that I could trust him to do a flanking run, because specialops says thats what daggers do best. And indeed he was pulling off flanking runs better than anybody else that day.

Quite simply, the positions indicate what your job will be during the game. It's not like an unchangable job or an MOS. It's more like a fire-team. Just replace terms like "Rifleman," "Automatic rifleman," "Grenadier," and such with terms like "dagger," "sabre," "Ambush sniper," and all the other specialops positions.
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#9 User is offline   pblvr22574 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:roo52

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

to break away from the arguments...

i was pulling a flanking run and i was by myself my squad was eliminated in an ambush and i was ordered to continue with the assault. so its me a cpl of my friends and some walk-ons v some walk-ons and as i was going on the flank i notice a sniper set up on the opposite side of a bush so i go to barrel tag him and he goes out... but on his way out he told his team where i was so i thot to myself "i am screwed." so i just take em on and in the middle of the fire fight (i had gotten 2 out of 6 out) a squad of about 4 of my troops comes and saves the day... well they took enuf fire so i could at least shoot the mofos... i got 2 more wen they started taking fire and then they got the last 2

no hate comments i was bored so i made it sound militaristic instead of paintballistic so just try and interprate my militaristic speach there

This post has been edited by pblvr22574: 17 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

i have no sig cuz im cool like that

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users