• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not sure what to do

#1 User is offline   NC.Tactician 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

I need ideas for what to make my a5 look like. I tend to be a commander/medium rifleman, and like to stay medium-light. Suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Well.. Personally you might get conflicted views from me, however.

Dont make your marker "Fill" a position. Because the straight fact of paintball is that your going to eventually be stuck in some bunker in a awkward position wishing your marker was that little extra smaller.

I say make the A5 as "Broad" as possible. dont tell youself, "My A5 only works for medium distances!"

1) Because its silly, you dont look at someone and say "if only he was 5 feet further away. then i could shoot at him!"
2) becuase you start to prevent yourself from playing.

Personal suggestions: Do Not get a Stock (Unless your running a remote line) Run the Tank off the back, get used to shooting left and right handed.
Think about what you plan on getting. Alot of the time, And the BEST advice I have heard with any low priced marker

Buy it. and play with it.

A5's dont need sights, or longer barrels, front grips or stocks.
They need paint and Air, and someone to play with. :)

Hope my suggestion is taken with a grain of salt. listened to, but not taken as law.

#3 User is offline   NC.Tactician 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostEskimo, on 06 May 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well.. Personally you might get conflicted views from me, however.

Dont make your marker "Fill" a position. Because the straight fact of paintball is that your going to eventually be stuck in some bunker in a awkward position wishing your marker was that little extra smaller.

I say make the A5 as "Broad" as possible. dont tell youself, "My A5 only works for medium distances!"

1) Because its silly, you dont look at someone and say "if only he was 5 feet further away. then i could shoot at him!"
2) becuase you start to prevent yourself from playing.

Personal suggestions: Do Not get a Stock (Unless your running a remote line) Run the Tank off the back, get used to shooting left and right handed.
Think about what you plan on getting. Alot of the time, And the BEST advice I have heard with any low priced marker

Buy it. and play with it.

A5's dont need sights, or longer barrels, front grips or stocks.
They need paint and Air, and someone to play with. :)

Hope my suggestion is taken with a grain of salt. listened to, but not taken as law.

Actually that was the exact type of answer I was looking for. Thanks.

#4 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'd use a tank on gun and get a Carbon Fiber xx/4500 if you can afford it. It'll be lighter than CO2 or Steel HPA and be useful to have if you ever upgrade to another gun.

The stock barrel on an A5 is fine, but if you do decide on another one, I'd suggest one that's lighter and shorter.

Internals, externals, and hopper are all fine stock.

Eskimo knows his crap.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#5 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

All this advice is good, heres my 2wife cents. I have an a5 with flatline and a saw stock. I use a remote hose and a vest. I play "heavy" with my a5. But the gune is still prettu small for what is does..and o think it is lightweight. My arms have never been tired holding any of my guns all day long. Go lift some weights...funny how your weapon will become lighter over time!

Anyway i suggest you get a folding stock and go remote with a vest or pod pack. If you want to be more versatile get 4-6 pods. If you play "medium" and more team leader id say 6 pods. As a team leader, you dont want to find yourself up in thd fray as much as your faster lighter guys. A vest with 4-6the pods will leave you in that balance zone of speed and fire support capability.

Now the folding stock gives you this option...if your finding yourself cramped in a bunker, flip that stock in and tuck that gun up. But if you still have your tank there...you will have to either shoulder it or tuck in your arm, limiting your gun turning capability for that flanker who is trying to bunker you in.

Me personally i love remote lines because your tank is on your back. Only downisde is shooting switch, because your remote will sort of tug a bit due to it wrapping your body. So be a man, pull that shiz and fire! Lol

Hope it helps!
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#6 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ok dunno why it said 2wife cents lol my phone does stupid stuff...ignore the gramatical nonsense! :).
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users