• You cannot reply to this topic

Multicam vs. omnipat Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

This is I think third post I make concerning the matter. Special Ops seems to be starting to drop Omnipat products as it seems all of the new ones coming out dont have Omnipat color schemes. Does this mean SO will be making an official switch from Omnipat to Multicam??
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#2 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

There are 4 people in this picture...
Attached File  Dx10_Image02.gif (430.07K)
Number of downloads: 307
Multicam works great for us in the Chicago area.

This post has been edited by Bone37: 02 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#3 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

MOATI is trying to find a new company to print the material and doent want to break the bank by having to order thousands of yards of the material..

there will be no official switch..

its just going to take lots of time to find a place to print it out and not cost Moati his first born to get.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Seeing as how Multicam is only one of about eight different colors/patterns most of SO's soft goods are available in... I'd say no, they aren't "officially" switching to anything.

Also, as SO45615 wrote, right now it's a supply issue. It's been discussed a few times in other topics.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

View PostMOATI, on Feb 23 2010, 09:25 PM, said:

When Tiger Stripe shut down we maintained the rights to OmniPat but we lost the factory that prints it. Basically, we have to start over with a new printer and I haven't been able to find one that can print it without forcing me to purchase thousands of yards of it at a time. I'm still working on it but it's a time consuming process.

View Postgypsycurse, on Feb 10 2010, 02:37 PM, said:

Unfortunately we are actually back ordered on Omnipat Material, this is why it seems like there is such a low amount of Omnipat items available. We are working as fast as we can to get it back in stock, but it will not be available for several more months!

You can get Multicam, also, Coyote and Olive Drab will look great! If you take the space out of your postal code, it will let you ship to your area.

Breanna Spec Ops Customer Service Manager

these are from threads pertaining to OMNIPAT

one of them is actually from one of your threads..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

Reading....it's why some people seem smart.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#7 User is offline   edtoro 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Thanks guys. I thought the other 2 threads had died. This must have been originally discussed on december but I had been banned for that month so I was away from the SO world for a while. Thanks again
Posted Image

Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger

#8 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

View Postedtoro, on Mar 2 2010, 11:03 PM, said:

This is I think third post I make concerning the matter. Special Ops seems to be starting to drop Omnipat products as it seems all of the new ones coming out dont have Omnipat color schemes. Does this mean SO will be making an official switch from Omnipat to Multicam??

I'm pretty sure it's just their printer. I don't know the details, but what I hear is that it is temporarily unavailable due to some sort of "printing" machine. Should be back up in a few months.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#9 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

I think we need to find a way to make the predator camoflague, but in all seriousness, i honestly can tell the diffference betewwn omnipat and multicam from far away

#10 User is offline   WVRaider9 

• Mike 'Delta' Romeo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mike 'Delta' Romeo

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

(I know the General Debate out there is Whats going on with OmniPat Production, But I just wanted to add this because the thread title was Multicam Vs. OmniPat.)

In Official Unofficial Tests, OmniPat and MultiCam are in a bit of a Standoff.

Crye Invented MultiCam back when the Future Force Warrior was beginning to make works with field testing it's new equipment for the U.S. Army. In 2004, it lost to the ACU Pattern Mostly seen today as the Digi Universal Pattern the Military Wears. However, in recent news, MultiCam is making a comeback, and was beginning to be fielded at the start of this year, making MultiCam the possible primary Uniform seen by U.S. Army soldiers.

OmniPat, as we all know, was introduced in 2007 by Spec Ops. It was field tested to be the best camo out there, able to serve in multiple environments. It's basis, from point of view, comes from MultiCam. If you pay attention, it has the colors of MultiCam, however, is more concentrated on a higher Contrast, and its base color is a green. It's purpose, however, remains the same. Field the Wearer with a [Near] Universal Pattern.

MultiCam and OmniPat have little difference. If I had to say, in close-ranged Field Testing, OmniPat beats MultiCam for the way it confuses the eye with a multitude of coloring schemes and the digital effect (as some call it.)

(Digital Effect: The Confusing of the Eyes in Coronation of the Brain to determine 'Fact or Fiction' with Digital-Type Camo Schemes. Mostly Seen in Close Ranged Confrontations with Digi-Camo.)

Digital Camo is more effective In Close range conflict, as proven by studies and why we use the ACU Digi Camo in the Army, because we serve in More Dense Urban Areas in Iraq and Afgan now that we control the general areas.

However, the battle between Long Ranged Conflict with Multi and Omni still is unknown to me. From what I know, you can tell a difference between contrast and pattern along with the natural surroundings when wearing Digi Camo at a longer range. As well, its sometimes more noticeable when your moving. As with MultiCam, however, you find that it's pattern suits longer ranged capabilities, able to keep a contrast and blend in still.

Over All, For Paintball, you are mostly limited by range, so I suggest OmniPat for Paintball over MultiCam. In some cases, MultiCam is more expensive as well.

However, I'll let you guys decide.

This post has been edited by WVRaider9: 15 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

Marksman of Team FEAR

Sponsored by MISSION MASTERS / VALKEN / PINOKIO / CGC /
COMPULSIVE / MSS /
TIBERIUS ARMS

#11 User is offline   edtoro 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

thanks for the post WV raider. Your reasearch has proved invaluable plus now I know some things I did not know.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yes, Omnipat is worth it. Not only is it essentially digital multicam, its purpose built for paintball.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#13 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

I agree with you Iron Eagle, but the problem is Omnipat is pretty much out of commission until a new fabric supplier is found. That means you have to wait to buy any softgoods in that pattern or go to mullticam and that might turn people away if they have already invested into Omnipat like myself. I got some Omnipat vest pouches and was wanting to upgrade to better playing clothes like maurader or fusion but with Omnipat gone, I was afraid Multicam wouldn't work and Im either stuck waiting for who knows how long or rebuy everything that I bought in Omnipat in Multicam this time. I just recieved some Multicam in the mail and although the colors on Mulitcam is a bit darker, crossing the patterns shouldnt effect performance, but thats merely a hypothesis until I test it. Personally, I like Omnipat and would perfer using it than Multicam but we as of now are S.O.L
"why does that bush have eyes?"

#14 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

wait a sec.... I just thought of this. If you wore a Omnipat as your base and accented it with Multicam like on your vest and hat and etc. You might be able to reap the benefits of both patterns and further confuse the eye because of the eye locking on to the blotches of multicam or the digi effect of Omnipat, the I wouldn't be able to lock on to anything to identify you with since you will be crossing the two patterns on top of each other. So lets say you are looking for someone in Omnipat and you start to trace the outline of what would be someones legs but if that person was wearing multicam kneepads and belt the outline would be interupted because of the pattern change. If this theory turns out true, it might work with multicam as the base and omnipat as the accents. I'd have to test this.
"why does that bush have eyes?"

#15 User is offline   edtoro 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

:ThumbsUp: I digg that !!!

Sure is worth a shot gubment. let me know if you ever test it out.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users