• You cannot reply to this topic

T8 vs T9 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dirtdiver83 

• TOT DirtDiver
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dirt-Diver

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

I currently own a T8 and was looking to get a First Strike Conversion Kit. My question is when using the conversion kit is it worth selling my T8 and getting the T9 to have the stock and scope?
Michael "DirtDiver" Dawson
Team on Target

#2 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

View Postdirtdiver83, on Dec 11 2009, 10:39 AM, said:

I currently own a T8 and was looking to get a First Strike Conversion Kit. My question is when using the conversion kit is it worth selling my T8 and getting the T9 to have the stock and scope?

Do you feel like you need those?

A scope, even with first strike rounds, is almost pointless. A dot sight though can be useful. You can get a sight rail to put on your T8 through UMS. Link: http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/prod...;products_id=38 That's if you want a sight. A stock doesn't really do a whole lot in paintball since there is relatively little kick. It's not going to massively boost your accuracy. Not enough to justify the extra expense of a T9.

I have both a T8 and T9. I like the compactness of the T8. I am just about as accurate with my T8 as my T9 because I practice. I don't think it is necessary to jump to a T9 unless you want the look or versatility of the T9 (pistol/rifle/smg look and mag/hopper fed options). If you are strictly using First Strike rounds, you aren't going to take advantage of a lot of the T9's functionality. Therefore I don't think the cost is totally worth it.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 11 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

#3 User is offline   dirtdiver83 

• TOT DirtDiver
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dirt-Diver

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for your insight.

Sorry when I said scope, I meant like a red dot. I was mainly looking at the T9 because of the stock. More of a steady shot with the stock than without. I don't care for the look. You are right though I won't be using it with a hopper or any of the other options a T9 has to offer.

The use I am looking for is the First Strike Rounds. I will be caring it as a back-up weapon to use for long distance shot or a difficult shot.
Michael "DirtDiver" Dawson
Team on Target

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users