• This topic is locked

choosing paintball gear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:48 AM

Paintball Gears and Accessories

In any sport, proper gear, outfitting and other accessories are always necessary. Gear and accessories not only ensure the safety of players but they also allow the player to be comfortable. Gear is needed to perform a safely and effectively. In paintball, some gear and accessories should be considered before you actually play the game.

1.The most important gear needed to play paintball is the paintball gun which is used to fire paintball at opponents. There are many paintball guns to choose from. They come in various sizes depending on the needs of any player.

2.A player must have a paintball masks as they are required in playing since they ensure the safety of players. Paintball masks are not just ordinary masks but are masks are specifically designed for paintball games. An extra mask would serve as a replacement should you need it.

3.Proper clothing is needed when playing paintball. The clothes need to be heavy-duty and the colors are usually those known as camouflage. Players are also required to use shoes intended for running since paintball requires a lot of running but heavy-duty boots may be used as an alternative.

4.Squeegees are also recommended equipment for players when out on the paintball field: but cotton rags may also be used to wipe off any paintball hits on the body.

5.First-aid kits must also be part of the equipment. Accidents and injuries are sometimes unavoidable and it is better to be safe than sorry.

6.Other tools and gear may be beneficial once a player gets used to the game. He may find that screwdrivers, tweezers, pliers, and even cotton swabs would come in handy. Spare batteries for the guns should also be considered.

This gear and accessories are necessities for paintball players. Some fields do not allow players to play the game if they are not wearing the proper clothing, shoes, etc. Players must always consider their own safety as well as the safety of other players. Protection of the eyes is a priority when playing paintball. All players must observe the safety rules and policies set by the field to allow them to have an enjoyable and danger-free game.

#2 User is offline   Bufger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

View Postprettyearth, on Jun 22 2010, 12:48 PM, said:

Paintball Gears and Accessories

In any sport, proper gear, outfitting and other accessories are always necessary. Gear and accessories not only ensure the safety of players but they also allow the player to be comfortable. Gear is needed to perform a safely and effectively. In paintball, some gear and accessories should be considered before you actually play the game.

1.The most important gear needed to play paintball is the paintball gun which is used to fire paintball at opponents. There are many paintball guns to choose from. They come in various sizes depending on the needs of any player. I would say the mask is the most important piece of kit. You dont mention any difference between woodsball, milsim or speedball as these markers vary (but are not limited to certain game types)

2.A player must have a paintball masks as they are required in playing since they ensure the safety of players. Paintball masks are not just ordinary masks but are masks are specifically designed for paintball games. An extra mask would serve as a replacement should you need it. This is a bit of a general no brainer. You could probably add detail on types of mask ie full face, with helmet etc.

3.Proper clothing is needed when playing paintball. The clothes need to be heavy-duty and the colors are usually those known as camouflage. Players are also required to use shoes intended for running since paintball requires a lot of running but heavy-duty boots may be used as an alternative. In woodsball boots are prefered as they can give more ankle support and wearing running shoes would end up with someone losing it in the mud or hurting their ankle. Also camo is only used in woodsball/scenario but not exclusively. I wear speedball playing pants so i can slide around with ease. You dont mention anything about speedball either (you act like there is only one type of paintball)

4.Squeegees are also recommended equipment for players when out on the paintball field: but cotton rags may also be used to wipe off any paintball hits on the body. But not during the game. Rags etc are normally provided back in the safe zone/HQ. Its not essential equipment but a swab is handy to have if you have your own marker. If you're playing a rental day the marshalls normally take care of that so people have no need to worry.

5.First-aid kits must also be part of the equipment. Accidents and injuries are sometimes unavoidable and it is better to be safe than sorry. if you play at a paintball site you wouldnt need to take your own first aid kit unless you're the over cautious type (nothing wrong with it, i take mine). Its certainly not essential kit unless you run a field or play outlaw.

6.Other tools and gear may be beneficial once a player gets used to the game. He may find that screwdrivers, tweezers, pliers, and even cotton swabs would come in handy. Spare batteries for the guns should also be considered. This is standard stuff for anyone that owns anything. You can either fix it (get the tools to do so) or send it to the shop.

This gear and accessories are necessities for paintball players. Some fields do not allow players to play the game if they are not wearing the proper clothing, shoes, etc. Players must always consider their own safety as well as the safety of other players. Protection of the eyes is a priority when playing paintball. All players must observe the safety rules and policies set by the field to allow them to have an enjoyable and danger-free game.

I dont mean to sound harsh or anything but that was very general information thats not likely to help anyone. Its commonly known stuff thats been covered here and everywhere else a million times (using the search would have bought this to your attention). Its also potentially dangerous to give ill informed advice like 'wear running shoes' when the terrain may dictate that they need some sturdy boots or they'll go over on their ankle and snap it.

Apart from that.. :-)

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

What buffy said..and this should be in the newbie section...but since its your first post we wont kill you.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

No offense just wondering what prompted you to post this as your first post, I mean all of this information is easily available in other threads in much greater details. And Bufgers corrections are quiet (?) valid.

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

View PostWoods Bandit, on Jun 22 2010, 09:24 AM, said:

No offense just wondering what prompted you to post this as your first post, I mean all of this information is easily available in other threads in much greater details. And Bufgers corrections are quiet (?) valid.

dont make me use this
Posted Image

his first post here, could be 1,001 if you include other message boards =P

good stuff thou!

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 22 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Knew that would get me in trouble, but i was just so curious.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

I really feel like I've read that before >.> Like, someone made a nice bowl of Copypasta off Dick's or some other site where you'd only have new players rolling up.

But, A for effort...or at least intention...

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   prettyearth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

please dont kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :tup:

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Since you asked nicely you shall be spared!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for trying to help out.

#10 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

I'm on a roll.

Ok, I admit this one isn't as direct a copy paste, but it there seems to be a pattern of plagarism going on around here...
Member of Team Akkadian

#11 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hmmm.....well, at least it's edited down...
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#12 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Thalions just creepin on this pretty dude.
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#13 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

It's just a post. One post of among over 2 million. It's by a newcomer and you all were there once. Pretty, there's some ready between the lines here for you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users