Special Ops Paintball: Battlefront Paintball - D-Day June 6th 2009 - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefront Paintball - D-Day June 6th 2009 A 1st Strike Production Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#61 User is offline   DaggerofBWUK 

• Theknightofbwuk-dagger styley
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

Man, this is the reason I'm so tempted to up stakes and move to the States, also cheaper fuel =P

If I could I would totally come to this event. I just read about how back in '06 for the 1st aniversary the one guy pretty much eliminated his entire squad through friendly fire cos he had his barrel sock on. LEGENDARY! But knowing my luck that would be me if I ever did anything like this!
"May be the new kid on the block
but that don't really matter
'Cos I is from Gloucestershire
and I can drive a tra-ar"

#62 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

^ Having a real Brit storm the beaches w/ us would be excellent!

View PostMonkey House, on May 16 2009, 01:33 AM, said:

1. Allies will re-spawn 50% more frequently
2. Germans will have limited opportunity to counter attack lost territory
3. The Allied HQ will very close to fresh air/paint
4. The German HQ will initially be quite a long hike from the front line

I'd say an Allied victory is built in depending upon how long it takes for them to get off the beach. Of course this scenario was designed to give the generals a lot to manage so the best organized side will likely win the side mission battles. Considering all of the local teams are Allied with no Axis teams that I'm aware of this has the chance of getting ugly early.

I think the fact we'll have more respawns & those respawns are closer to the paint/air is a great advantage (but our only advantage until we get off the beach). As far as counterattacks -- the Axis have 2 chances every 90 min. (just like us) so long as they protect their HQ.

The fact a number of the organized teams have decided to go Allied is bad for Axis, but I'm certainly not going to get confident this early. If we're off the beach in under an hour & manage to claim 4 flags in the next 3 hours then I'll feel like setting up that volleyball net on Omaha. Until then I'm guessing I'm gonna be covered in paint :P.

@Brian... Oh man, sunburn & paintballs sounds like a horrible mix!
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#63 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

View Postger, on May 16 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

^ Having a real Brit storm the beaches w/ us would be excellent!

View PostMonkey House, on May 16 2009, 01:33 AM, said:

1. Allies will re-spawn 50% more frequently
2. Germans will have limited opportunity to counter attack lost territory
3. The Allied HQ will very close to fresh air/paint
4. The German HQ will initially be quite a long hike from the front line

I'd say an Allied victory is built in depending upon how long it takes for them to get off the beach. Of course this scenario was designed to give the generals a lot to manage so the best organized side will likely win the side mission battles. Considering all of the local teams are Allied with no Axis teams that I'm aware of this has the chance of getting ugly early.

I think the fact we'll have more respawns & those respawns are closer to the paint/air is a great advantage (but our only advantage until we get off the beach). As far as counterattacks -- the Axis have 2 chances every 90 min. (just like us) so long as they protect their HQ.

The fact a number of the organized teams have decided to go Allied is bad for Axis, but I'm certainly not going to get confident this early. If we're off the beach in under an hour & manage to claim 4 flags in the next 3 hours then I'll feel like setting up that volleyball net on Omaha. Until then I'm guessing I'm gonna be covered in paint :P.

@Brian... Oh man, sunburn & paintballs sounds like a horrible mix!

Germany does not get the ability to counter attack a territory unless they complete a side mission before we do. In addition to that, they lose their counter attack if we successfully attack their base.

As far as your volleyball net, you'll have to wait until we take a bit more first, the way its set up, we could actually lose with 4 territories! Once we have 6, then I'll come out of the tent and help you set up!
Captain of Total Resistance

#64 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

I overlooked the side mission requirement for counterattacks, that's big for us to have two opportunities to take their counterattack chances.

I'm not bringing a volleyball net, you're the one that's gonna be at the beach! I just figured if we were able to take the first 4 in the alotted time then we would be on our way to a solid victory, I don't in anyway think that's a guarantee. I saw the sample scorecard they posted, very cool, so I realize 4 most likely won't be enough. I don't know where I read 90 minute blocks of time, it's only 60... my bad. I'll be sure to read everything more carefully over the next 3 weeks leading up to the game :D. 60 minutes isn't a whole lot of time to take two flags.

Speaking of you coming out of the tent... where is our HQ? Respawn? Have you been given that info, because I haven't seen where it's been released.
ger

#65 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

View Postger, on May 17 2009, 06:58 PM, said:

I overlooked the side mission requirement for counterattacks, that's big for us to have two opportunities to take their counterattack chances.

I'm not bringing a volleyball net, you're the one that's gonna be at the beach! I just figured if we were able to take the first 4 in the alotted time then we would be on our way to a solid victory, I don't in anyway think that's a guarantee. I saw the sample scorecard they posted, very cool, so I realize 4 most likely won't be enough. I don't know where I read 90 minute blocks of time, it's only 60... my bad. I'll be sure to read everything more carefully over the next 3 weeks leading up to the game :). 60 minutes isn't a whole lot of time to take two flags.

Speaking of you coming out of the tent... where is our HQ? Respawn? Have you been given that info, because I haven't seen where it's been released.

I don't expect you to read it all, just like the producer says on the website, only the Generals are really required to know what is going on. Its just helpful if people have a solid idea! Your not crazy, it used to be 90 minutes, they adjusted that after socom.

I did get some info on where my base will be and respawns, I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell yet though. I'll find out.

Ger, did you notice I gave you access to the D-Day planning section on my teams forum?
Captain of Total Resistance

#66 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

Dude, I thought it read 90 min! I was starting to think I forgot how to read, missing a bunch of details like that. I still like to know what's going on in general so I'll be reading it a bit more closely, just for mental preparation.

That's cool, I don't need to know the locations just yet... just curious how much running I will/will not have to do :rolleyes:.

I was on your site a little while ago, didn't notice a planning section. But, I wasn't really looking for one so I'll check it out again -- thanks man.
ger

#67 User is offline   InZaneFlea 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:InZaneFlea

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

I am very excited to be there on that beach with my Band of Brothers, valiently fighting against the Axis oppression on Omaha :D.

We're going to rock faces.

#68 User is offline   The Great Equalizer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Great Equalizer

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hey guys, TGE here. I actually didn't realize this game had become such a hot topic over here at Spec Ops. As such, I wanted to clarify a few things.

Yes, missions used to be 90 minute intervals, but like Brian stated, we changed it to 60 minutes after SOCOM to allow for more battles. I really want to see the battles change location as frequently as possible during the day so that the entire field is used. I may also tweak the way the US issues attacks... it won't be anything that affects the players though. Just the generals.

Yes, Germans will need to win side missions to earn the trust of their Fuehrer to counterattack more important targets. However, there is also "something" built in to the game that may trigger an all out counterattack by the Germans... so be on the lookout for that. If that "something" is triggered, then it could suck pretty hard for the allies if they've worked all afternoon to gain a toehold, only to have an all out counterattack happen across the map. If you read through your history books, Hitler wasn't convinced that the Normandy landings were the true invasion force, so he kept a lot of his reserves ready to attack in Pas de Calais. Hmmmm.....

In response to the belief that the allies have the advantage, I'm going to say that it depends on how much momentum can be gained. The game was designed so that as the Allies picked up territories and as such, the advantage would tip in their favor. Several of the territories actually have abilities that only benefit the US side.

In response to a post made earlier by Monkey,

1: Allies will respawn at 10 minute intervals as opposed to the German's 15. But ONLY if they hold the beach. This represents the allies ability to drop more men and materiel onto the continent. If the Germans take this location back, then it's back to 15 minute respawns.
2: Germans will have limited opportunity to make counterattacks. No doubt about it... so they'll need to be careful.
3: Allied HQ may be a little bit closer to the field entrance, but not by much. They're only respawning at the landing craft during the initial beach invasion. After that, they move inland to their regular respawn points.... even if they have to retake the beach.
4: German HQ will put respawning players in a very good position during the initial landing operation.

FYI: We should have German leadership by the end of the day.

#69 User is offline   Loki34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Loki34

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

View PostThe Great Equalizer, on May 19 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

Yes, Germans will need to win side missions to earn the trust of their Fuehrer to counterattack more important targets. However, there is also "something" built in to the game that may trigger an all out counterattack by the Germans... so be on the lookout for that. If that "something" is triggered, then it could suck pretty hard for the allies if they've worked all afternoon to gain a toehold, only to have an all out counterattack happen across the map. If you read through your history books, Hitler wasn't convinced that the Normandy landings were the true invasion force, so he kept a lot of his reserves ready to attack in Pas de Calais. Hmmmm.....

You know Mike, I've been saying this phrase over and over again the last couple events that you guys created...

I really don't like you!!!

Special Ops - Team Sabre - If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Official Sabre #347

Polish contingent to Team Biohazard

http://www.biohazardscenariopb.com
Biohazard Paintball Communications Officer
Sponsored by Wholesale Fireworks, Animal Paintball, Compulsive Paintball

#70 User is offline   The Great Equalizer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

View PostLoki34, on May 19 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

View PostThe Great Equalizer, on May 19 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

You know Mike, I've been saying this phrase over and over again the last couple events that you guys created...

I really don't like you!!!

I'm cool with that. As long as you guys are enjoying the events.

We officially have German leadership, so it's a game now...

#71 User is offline   Loki34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Loki34

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

If I remember correctly there was Poland represented at D-Day...
Special Ops - Team Sabre - If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Official Sabre #347

Polish contingent to Team Biohazard

http://www.biohazardscenariopb.com
Biohazard Paintball Communications Officer
Sponsored by Wholesale Fireworks, Animal Paintball, Compulsive Paintball

#72 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hey TGE, glad you found us here. Thanks for the clarifications so far.

View PostThe Great Equalizer, on May 19 2009, 05:50 PM, said:

We officially have German leadership, so it's a game now...

Yeah that's awesome... I read that over on the new BF forums, which I like a whole lot better than the old btw!

@Brian -- obviously I found the planning section, thanks again.
ger

#73 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

pre-regged today:)
Posted Image

#74 User is offline   InZaneFlea 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:InZaneFlea

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

Pre-regged myself and 2 friends, possibly a 3rd coming as well :D

#75 User is offline   The Great Equalizer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

If somebody else wants to run the game, I'd like to play as well. :dodgy:

Maybe I should treat myself and just participate in the landings. After that I could get down to business. :wacko:

This post has been edited by The Great Equalizer: 21 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users