Special Ops Paintball: Autococker general discussion thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Autococker general discussion thread From classy to classic. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Look up on the forum and you'll see :

Special Ops Forum > General Paintball > Paintball Marker Talk > Autocockers

Seems like a good idea.

We're a dying breed and constantly repeating ourselves when it comes to teching. I figure a general discussion can cover many aftermarket products, quick fixes and just generally show how customizeable these things are.

New cocker guys are usually scared about timing (something that is overrated in the scary department) or have other ???'s and might not want to keep starting new threads so a place for them to ask is good.

#2 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sounds good to me. 66768656 and I were joking a while ago that we should have a "cocker-off" thread, full of use(less,ful) information. everything from HaveBlue's tech info, all the way to timing, to cycle times for different ram combos, to operating pressures for valve setups.

So yeah, questions, one of us can answer em :( I've done my research, and some of the other guys here might have been shooting cockers since before I started playing paintball.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#3 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

Good idea slinkyaroo, and may i say one place to answer them all!!!

So to get this going, what is everyone's favorite color scheme for cockers? I personally think black and chrome or black and gold/brass is super sexy

#4 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Oldschool splash, a la Bob Long. However, an all black is really, really hot on a milled-up body, like a DC2 or PBX Autorocker. Mine's a grey/ black/ SS/ chrome scheme, and it's pretty nice too... but colors need to be splashed, except on Orracles, which pull of fades nicely. And Vertebrae, obviously. Hmm... stock WGP colors were pretty good up thru the Orracle line. Even STOs made me happy.

But personally, I'm going plum/black wash, with green splash overtop. Joker scheme, coming to fields near you this summer.
Feedback.

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Black and chrome was hot - but now reminds me of a trilogy. There's some good anno for the Karni's. Too bad I never seen a superman cocker. :mellow:

#6 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

View Postflyweightnate, on Apr 6 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

Oldschool splash, a la Bob Long. However, an all black is really, really hot on a milled-up body, like a DC2 or PBX Autorocker. Mine's a grey/ black/ SS/ chrome scheme, and it's pretty nice too... but colors need to be splashed, except on Orracles, which pull of fades nicely. And Vertebrae, obviously. Hmm... stock WGP colors were pretty good up thru the Orracle line. Even STOs made me happy.

But personally, I'm going plum/black wash, with green splash overtop. Joker scheme, coming to fields near you this summer.

Splashes and washes can be sexy too as long as they look good together. I completely forgot about the Joker Cocker, that will be sexy

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 6 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

Black and chrome was hot - but now reminds me of a trilogy. There's some good anno for the Karni's. Too bad I never seen a superman cocker. :mellow:

Ouch that just made my cocker sad. I mean trillys are nice for the money and all but not something id want my cocker compared to. Everyone should get Superhero/Supervillain schemes!

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

Black and chrome is georgeous. Also I'm sure on a pic I wouldn't say trilogy. But I had a trilogy SF and it was black/chrome. First thing that comes to mind. :rolleyes:

However I should mention gloss black and chrome - not matt black and chrome.

#8 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

If anyone comes across a black dye single swing ( pretty good condition not being drilled for an autotrigger) I have this I am willing to swap for it (minus the tank)

99 splashed rf autococker (purple, dark purple silver) virgin (no eye holes) with matching shroud, front block, trigger frame, and back block. A silver front block. Eclipse lpr, eclipse 3 way, ans jackhammer, ans gx2 reg, chrome slider trigger with chrome trigger shoe, asa lightening bolt, chrome ball dentent that has a spiral pattern on it, an outkast pull pin, and a eclipse cocking rod I believe or that was an outkast also
Posted Image

Everything works and is flat out gorgeous. I just really want my karni sniper to look good.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#9 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

So how does this sound to you guys

Olive karni body
black wgp locking feedneck
black karni front block milled and anooed for a pump kit
wwa premimium pump kit
14" black and olive .689 kaner
olive and black eblade off the karni
olive wgp reg
black on/off with an olive knob

and hopefully I can get a black dye single swing, either a full black kaner or a deadly wind barrel, currently finding a way to make a stock class feed (so i can go back and forth between electro/pump/and sc) and finding springs and stuff to work with 12 grams.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#10 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Ju Juitsu I would use the CCM Pump kits I think they look nicer than WWA...

I have a question do you guys think the westwood bodies/annos are really worth the hype?

I mean they look nice and are rare but I just dont see why they still can get such a high price...

Peace,
Teddy K

#11 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Sounds pretty nice! I'll keep an eye out for the black DYE swing, I gotta help out my cocker brethren

#12 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

I thought the ccm kits looked nicer too till I saw them in person. Not only that they feel so much better. That and they arent as bulky. Plus this will be the first karni I have seen with a wwa kit on it.

I know what a westwood body is but I cant get the picture in my head, it has been awhile since I seen one. Got any pics. I need a memory refresher.

Also TeddyK I sent you a pm.

I really appreciate it Mighty Mike. Man I so want to add mouse in the middle Mighty "mouse" Mike, or Mighty "the mouse" Mike. Dont know why though...lol.

This post has been edited by jiu-jitsu fighter: 06 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

My feedback

#13 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Apr 6 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

I thought the ccm kits looked nicer too till I saw them in person. Not only that they feel so much better. That and they arent as bulky. Plus this will be the first karni I have seen with a wwa kit on it.

I know what a westwood body is but I cant get the picture in my head, it has been awhile since I seen one. Got any pics. I need a memory refresher.

Also TeddyK I sent you a pm.

I really appreciate it Mighty Mike. Man I so want to add mouse in the middle Mighty "mouse" Mike, or Mighty "the mouse" Mike. Dont know why though...lol.

lol at one point my avatar and sig had mighty mouse in it. Then i grew about 7 inches and i wasn't so short anymore.

I know what westwood's are but I don't remember what they look like either. It just is so high because everyone is willing to pay that much

#14 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 6 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Look up on the forum and you'll see :

Special Ops Forum > General Paintball > Paintball Marker Talk > Autocockers

Seems like a good idea.

We're a dying breed and constantly repeating ourselves when it comes to teching. I figure a general discussion can cover many aftermarket products, quick fixes and just generally show how customizeable these things are.

New cocker guys are usually scared about timing (something that is overrated in the scary department) or have other ???'s and might not want to keep starting new threads so a place for them to ask is good.

good call. timing isnt bad at all. i watched something on youtube on it, super easy

#15 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

Westwoods are rare, smooth (it's the smoothed out, 4-bump milling, like a cross between an Orracle and a STO), and sexy. Very few cockers have that organic, flowing mill pattern, on an older, higher tolerance body. Those were made by BBT, too, right?

I'd take a Westwood just to run my hands over those curves. Sounds horrible, but it's true.

As far as superhero/ supervillain themes... I've been trying to think of a bunch. Joker, I call dibs. Thebostinian, my backup/ wingman, is going with some purple/black/navy guy. Gambit, I think. Tatt'ing an Ace of Spades on the side, and getting those colors ano'ed on a body that has yet to be found and purchased. His current body is a touch stripped. He already has the purple Shocktech front end, though, and Shocktech 2nd gen swing frame (I hooked the bro up, and tuned it REAL snappy).

Batman could be easy, but mundane. Someone's gotta go Wolverine, obviously, and Cyclops would be sick too. Any chicks got cockers? I vote for Storm, or Poison Ivy. Lee Kinney ruined anyone's hopes of making a cool Punisher gun without bringing up hard feelings, but I feel like a Max Payne gun could be cool. Other ideas?
Feedback.

Share this topic:

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users