Special Ops Paintball: Blackhawk Hellstorm Flury Gloves - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackhawk Hellstorm Flury Gloves Holy Toledo. These Rock!

#1 User is offline   mrmdano 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:OCMI-Dano

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:05 PM

:rolleyes: Ever bought a product that just blew your mind? Well, besides my A5, this is it. The slightly pricy glove by Blackhawk Industries is a piece of engineering that will actually feel like a glove. I could go on, but I'd just be repeating myself during the review. So I broke it down to a few aspects and will rate them.

Price:
At first, the $59 price tag is rather steep. Comparring to a good case of paint in price, these gloves may seem like a waste of money initially. Their compadres in the Blackhawk market are the SOLAG and Aviator gloves that are good and all, but since I haven't used them I can't say for sure. From my experience with them, all the features(more on that later) make the glove worth the cash.

Dexterity:

The glove conformed to my hand instantly. It provided a full range of motion from cocking my paintgun to strapping on my gear to loading my hopper up (busting out a guppie and opening it up, pouring it and then re-inserting it into the pod slot on my vest). The Kevlar has no adverse effect on flexibility or movement, and gave it a sturdy feel. Typing and operating the TV remote was simple as long as you can remember your finger is considerably larger when wearing a glove. The induvidual finger movement was easy and allowed for good trigger control and even walking the trigger on one of my double trigger equiped markers.

10/10

Protection:
The whole deal to this glove was the Kevlar. Apparently, it is rip proof and can give heat/flash protection from up to 800 degrees Faregnheit (sp?). When you clench your fist, the back padding forms on top of your knuckles to rid you of those painful bare knuckle shots. The palm is very soft yet thick leather that gives very good padding. As far as the heat protection works, I picked up a steaming hot cup of tea with my bare hand and nearly dropped it. But when I used the Fury, I felt just a slight bit of heat, but minimal at worst.

10/10

Color and Camoflauge:
The specific pair of gloves I bought were in the Olive Drab (OD) color. To give you a more familiar landmark, it is almost exactly the same shade as the OD green on the Proto ES and EL mask. When compared to my Marauders, they looked a little light but when observed from a distance (about 50 feet), it was very similar and concealable. Due to it's color, it is more suited for woods and foliage play than desert locales. The leather is a matte grey that acents the Olive coloration while not being too conspicuous among leaves and such.

9/10

Comfort:
This glove is VERY comfortable. It is soft on the inside and likewise on the outside. The glove offers great breathability and doesn't make your hand sweat. The long gauntlet ends anywhere (depending on arm length) from 4-8 inches from your elbow. The back padding is also very soft and a nice feature if you get nailed in the hand.

9/10

Overall:
This glove is one of the best items I've ever used. Undeniably the best glove I've ever used, the product is a great bang for your buck. Combining all these factors makes them a very desireable piece of equipment to procure. Hope this helped.

Link to Blackhawk (has one pic)Here

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   L33T Master 

• LT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:L33T Master

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

Very nice review! I'll probably still end up getting a pair of "stealth aviators" but its good to see that most of if not all of Hellstorms/Blackhawks gear is top notch.

This post has been edited by L33T Master: 01 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

#3 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

Well they sound great but I think I'm going to go to the hardware store and buy a pair of $5 leather glove to cover my hands. Imo $60 for gloves is just way to much even if they are great. I feel like I'll survive with the cheapo stuff. But good review.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#4 User is offline   The Joker 

• If you need any help just PM me and I'll do my best! TY
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dusterhoff

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

I personally think it's rediculous to pay that much for a pair of gloves. For me gloves dont effect how I play and I would rather take the $60 and go out and buy a nice upgrade for my gun. I have a pair of el cheap o' JT no-finger gloves and I don't think I even needed to pay even that much for gloves (they cost me like $10). There's my 2 cents, peace

#5 User is offline   _KEVLAR_ 

• Spyder owner #81
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:_KEVLAR_

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

To start, I’m not “KEVLAR” I’m his brother. But any way excellent review I happen to have a pair of them, and I love them! There’re so comfortable. You can tell they’re for griping the handle of a gun, with padding on the inside of your thumb and on the side of your hand where the gun sets. The padding on your knuckle are so useful for crawling on all fours. I’d say get the sleeves for the extra $5.00 for woods ball it helps keep ticks and thorns out. The price? I got mine for $45.00 at some yahoo store. Well worth it.
"Don't bother wiping it off--I'll only shoot you again." -me
If you're a Christian paintballer put this in your sig.

#6 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:33 AM

i have the blackhawk SOLAG's ... they've worked very well for me
only thing is they turn your hands black ... one thing i found to help alot is that i machine wash them and machine dry them

i machine wash all my paintball gear Cold water, medium/perm press setting, hang dry for camo, regular dryer for my gloves
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#7 User is offline   Nja4k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

sorry to bump a seemingly dead topic but these gloves and a few others are currently on sale/clearance at blackhawk.com
sizes are limited but i picked up a pair of od .. hope this helps someone =-]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users