• You cannot reply to this topic

98 Custom Cyclone Feed System A review. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

Well I bought the 98 cyclone. I purchased it for my 98 custom pro-e. First thing I noticed was the price. It ran $69.00. My dealer believes this will slightly ease up in the future-possibly more towards $60.00. Mine came in a clam-shell and included the following items. Instructions on installation; A "A-5 style" hopper, a power tube, and the actual cyclone.
The power tube is based on the idea that for 98 customs the cyclone wil be installed in a manner similar to a 98 custom responce trigger-i.e power tube replacement in favor of a pre-made air release hole capable one. For me this was a special bonus in buying the Custom Pro- this hole had already been milled and pre-made, so I never had to so much as disassemble my marker- I merely had to screw the cyclone micro-line ( banjo fitting end ) into my marker. This was pretty convieniant. The instructions for people with Custom 98's are pretty clear and anyone with any ability should be able to replace the power-tube and connect the cyclone with little trouble.

Once I had the cyclone connected I did some preformance test. I ran my Pro 98 at full auto ( fed off a 20 oz C02-remote enabled). The cyclone had no trouble keeping up with the full auto fire. It worked exactly as my A-5 cyclone worked. I was shooting with and without the hopper on in order to see the cyclone actually working. So for the mechanics of the device I give it an A.
Visually as we all knew it would; the hopper makes the 98 signifigantly wider in
profile. This may not be a desirable attribute for some people. I found that it really didn't seem any wider than my A-5. The hopper is capable of the standard 15bps of the older one, but I found I was pulling off nearly 19 running full auto. I recommend the 98 cyclone- it is based on the same mechanics as the A-5 which has been pretty reliable. I do think it's a little expensive, but I look for that to level off as they become more widely available.
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#2 Guest_wolftalon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

Very nice Review Grey Fox!

Can you edit your post with some pictures? All great reviews have good quality pics bro.

#3 User is offline   poorboypaintballer 

• impoverished paintslinger
  • PipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

can you use this and the rt both? also is the power tube the same?
Posted Image

MOLON LABE

#4 User is offline   SPtippmann98 

• Blackcat Paintball Webmaster
  • PipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

I LOVE my 98 cyclone,

In My Opinion, it didnt hurt me AT ALL having the extra wide profile, I didnt take ONE hit on the hopper all weekend

i bought it at the Tippmann Trailer, at the IAO in Pittsburgh this weekend and it RIPS(Robert Daugherty, his son Brandon, and Moati can vouch for that)

And Grey Fox, unless you have a WAS Equalizer board in your Custom Pro E, its capped at 15 BPS

I'll edit this post with pics after i clean my gun (got BLASTED with paint during the final battle)
Proud Member, Blackcat AllStars National Scenario Team

FalloutPaintball Blackcat Paintball Productions

#5 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Post icon  Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:26 AM

poorboypaintballer, on Jul 31 2005, 01:04 PM, said:

can you use this and the rt both? also is the power tube the same?

Thats an excellent question-So I'm going to quote from the instructions-

"To Add a Reponce Trigger Kit"
"You will need both a Responce Trigger Kit=Part #RT-)2 and a Cyclone Adapter Kit for the Responce Trigger-Part #T299003- it further says "The cyclone feeder works well with the Responce Trigger"
Now I'm not sure if this means you have to purchase an adapter while running the cyclone- the cyclone micro line goes where the R/T micro line went in the power tube ( If I remember correctly it's been about a million years since I did one of those in a 98) I'm gonna ask my dealer for you on Tuesday.

Also my Dig. Camera is jacked up ro I would have put up some photos- comming soon.

As for the 15 BPS - I'm not going to lie- you people aren't fools, I wasn't concrete on 19 balls- I had also got the 98 Pro on the same day and the math on this was shaky at best - new marker and all- I will say on a side note the 98 pro E does crank out more than my A-5 E-grip ( now my E-grip is now officially ancient- so bear that in mind -Im on my 2nd armature pin and all) when Rate of fire is turned clockwise all the way up. Also I have been seriously considering the Wicked Board, but have been unsure because I am uneducated on the product.

This post has been edited by grey fox: 01 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#6 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:04 PM

i just ordered one off the web so it should be here soon. but i was wondering, with the 98 custom do i need to buy anything besides the cyclone kit? and do i need to mill my gun to install it? and how do you install it? and when you run out of air (when it makes that "full auto" sound) does the cyclone spaz out?

This post has been edited by paintballer14: 01 August 2005 - 07:07 PM

#7 User is offline   SPtippmann98 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:48 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok

The cyclone just clips on like the elbow that is currently on your 98, then you just have to exchange your power tube, with the one that has the hole in it, for the hose line that goes with the piston.

I dont know about the spazing out thing cuz I have a Ebolt, so my gun doesnt do that

#8 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:36 AM

whats a power tube? is it the little black thing that sticks out the side?

#9 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

I do believe the power tube is what sits inside the receiver and where the braided line that goes from your ASA leads to.

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

#10 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:00 AM

i thought so too at first but why would you replace it? unless you replace only part?

#11 User is offline   SPtippmann98 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:05 PM

The powertube, is the black part that between the hammer and the bolt, the valve sits inside it

#12 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

so is it hard to replace? will i need to tephlon (i doubt i spelled that right) tape anything? im wondering so i can get the stuff i need ahead of time so i can install it as soon as it comes. thanks for all the help :(

#13 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

pics!?

i gotta see this yet!
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#14 User is offline   paintballer14 

• OWNAGE
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

I GOT IT!!!!! WWWOOOOOOOO here are pics. (havent had a chance to shoot it yet)

http://www.picturetrail.com/mkphred14

#15 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

*MOUTH WIDE OPEN*

its.... *sniff*

beautiful!

props on your gun it looks awsome! both of them!

I just got an a-5 any my 98 is fine,

how easy was it to install?
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic